You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

At least half of the self-claimed "warship buff" here don't know who the person in my avatar pic is

56 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
12,592 posts
14,320 battles

Might be because so many have an interest in the Warships and not necessarily the people who crewed them.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 3

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles
17 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Might be because so many have an interest in the Warships and not necessarily the people who crewed them.

Imma botegirl not a people person.

As an introvert I pride myself on avoiding all forms of people.

• Funny 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Members
4,358 posts
4,615 battles
27 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Makes me wonder if you could take a collage course that goes over a few specific ships and a detailed retelling of the life of their crew. 

[SALVO]
Members
25,816 posts
28,151 battles
12 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

Makes me wonder if you could take a collage course that goes over a few specific ships and a detailed retelling of the life of their crew. 

Maybe we just don't care about any retelling of the lives of the crew.  Like @Admiral_Thrawn_1 said, many of us only give a damn about the SHIPS and not the crews or their captains.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,765 posts
5,406 battles

Most people are not that interested in history or people. They only give a damn about the freaking SHIPS.

There are books near the bed that endlessly chronicle the specific persons on all sorts of Navy Ships at sea that has managed to do wonderful things in war. Even there are thoughts from a particular person who survived the Bismarck Sinking. (He was in Aft Firecontrol Portside Scope and witnessed the Hood blowing up.) he also detailed how news of 200+ Crew trapped in one of the Engine spaces behind hatches that were bent, jammed or covered in falling steel as the warship is being pounded at near range by the entire UK Navy on scene.

A thought to the Bismarck Survivor. He eventually lived long enough to sit for a History Channel Documentary over the Satellite some years ago. I recall watching him relate the situation as he saw it live in person first hand as his Battleship was destroyed from under him. I think he finally passed. But what a life he must have had going from those days to this. A life that thousands and millions did not get to have. Thought provoking.

A side note to the Bismarck Sinking. A German Sub Captian actually told the Bismarck Captian that one day he will be around with the little boat to save the [edited]of the really big overbuilt warship. Well, he was actually on scene in that problem but having fired off all his torps can only sit and watch as the really big BB was pounded into oblivion. Taking thousands of people with her. Having only been at sea 9 days total.

Ships are all fine and good. Its the people who write the history. IF they survived.

They found the Bismarck's wreck on the side of a two mile seamount in what amounts to be three miles of Atlantic Ocean. Its about a mile and change below the surface pretty much intact except for her turrets etc. Its treated as a permanent war grave and protected as such.

In one of the US BB's that turned over at the attack on Pearl Harbor and sat upside down for months until they can clean it up and raise it... they found a room had a calendar. In that room were two dead. They marked the Calander from the day of the attack all the way into the next three weeks. Day by day hoping to be rescued with a little bit of fresh water stored near their compartment surrounded by the sea. They finally ran out of air and suffocated before the recovery crews found them.

You are not going to be learning that in school about people.

Edited by xHeavy
  • Thanks 1

[UN1]
Members
1,293 posts
4,040 battles
2 hours ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

And it's a fact.

A little self-righteous aren't we?

• Cool 1

[SCCC]
[SCCC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
240 posts
9,009 battles

I mean, You literally give it out in your name who that is. We get it.

• Cool 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,112 posts
11,050 battles

I also feel compelled to point out that half of the ships in this game came from times well after he died in 1918. Then again we have Horace Hood as a purchasable historic commander, and he died at Jutland. Maybe we should be more aware of who he was, but at the same time, his heyday was at the equivalent of tier 2 in this game, so maybe?

Edited by Shannon_Lindsey

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,427 posts
12,338 battles
3 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

this

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,265 posts
22,187 battles

and about 99% of the player base doesn't care

• Cool 1

7,026 posts
27,716 battles
17 minutes ago, Triela50 said:

and about 99% of the player base doesn't care

80% of all statistics are made up. But I would raise the number to 99.9% :Smile_trollface:

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
648 posts
5,707 battles
1 hour ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

No way this game attracts only jaded dads in their 50s

Nay, it also attracts self proclaimed edgelords in their tweens.

• Funny 3

[IND6]
Members
15 posts
376 battles
7 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

80% of all statistics are made up. But I would raise the number to 99.9% :Smile_trollface:

It's actually 69%, but it could go either way, and it's kind of a circular argument that only half really stay on top of.

Members
3,664 posts
42,372 battles
4 hours ago, Akeno017 said:

Imma botegirl not a people person.

As an introvert I pride myself on avoiding all forms of people.

I'm a bote dude, an introvert, semi-emo or emo (depends on who you ask), I sort of avoid peeps, I like history but have difficulty making out the photo without some context.

I don't do clans.

I don't do clans.

I don't do clans.

I don't division.

I don't division.

I don't division.

I don't do mercenary.

I don't do mercenary.

I don't do mercenary.

I love this game.

I love this game.

But there is another...

• Funny 1
  • Meh 1

7,026 posts
27,716 battles
7 minutes ago, _Mr_Smooth_ said:

It's actually 69%, but it could go either way, and it's kind of a circular argument that only half really stay on top of.

Well the 99.9% it's about the playerbase who care about the person in the avatar. Sorry, bad wording, I have terrible headache.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,343 posts
13,470 battles
5 hours ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

And it's a fact.

Sure. Anything to make you feel better about yourself.

[IND6]
Members
15 posts
376 battles
12 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Well the 99.9% it's about the playerbase who care about the person in the avatar. Sorry, bad wording, I have terrible headache.

Come back and re-read my comment after the headache is gone. You missed the point.

[BB35]
Members
555 posts
4,563 battles
5 hours ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

And it's a fact.

He's not a US Navy man....who cares....

• Thanks 1