You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
YouSatInGum

Open Discussion: How to get WG to take the 2 CV issue seriously

56 comments in this topic

Members
1,402 posts
11,405 battles

Not that this complaint has not been around early and often, but my quick recap on double CV games....

The 2 CV games (4 total CV) are rarely fun because

• DD roles are suppressed from near or complete perma-spotting
  • DDs do not have adequate health pools to be expected to last an entire game from double the rocket attacks (DDs only recourse is to hang out with larger ships: see above issue)
  • Cruisers are more likely to camp at the back for same spotting reasons.  Any movement forward to better positions becomes difficult to not get punished for.
  • BBs Damage Controls get taxed and used beyond normal expectations.  A BB that get "picked on" by two becomes basically powerless to stay alive.
  • Even some CV players say they don't enjoy the double games since they are competing with other CV player on their team.
  • You often see players just quit early on or Yolo in from dissatisfaction of double CVs.

There are many other reasons, but despite players being very vocal about these games, WG has usually either ignored it or deflected criticism with inconsequential changes like not having 3 cv games at low tiers anymore. 

I think that the majority of players feel double CV should not be possible, so how do we get WG to listen their player base?

In the past being vocal has worked for things like the NTC but we players had to get really "loud".

Things like the CB boycott has had limited success, but maybe it did play a role in some of the changes in the upcoming season.

I have wondered what if we organized a player boycott pledge to not play in double CV games.  So don't actually boycott the games, but players could sign a support petition.  However, once a critical mass of players (or signatures) has been reached, then a limited action period could be implemented (like 2 weeks).  Hopefully, the publicity of the petition would force WG to take another look at the issue, so such an action would not be needed.  Again, I'm just trying to think of things to help get some changes on this issue.  I'm not sure the above would work, so I know a lot of players, while supporting not having double CVs, will not like the idea of quitting games.

What other possibilities are there?

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 3

[CK5]
Members
1,495 posts
15,855 battles

Unless a single CV policy guarantees WG more revenue, it will never happen.  

Edited by PrairiePlayer
  • Cool 2

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,282 battles
1 hour ago, YouSatInGum said:

I think that the majority of players feel double CV should not be possible, so how do we get WG to listen their player base?

Find a way for it to cost WG money every time 2 CVs are in a match; that crap will end overnight.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,691 battles
11 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Find a way for it to cost WG money every time 2 CVs are in a match; that crap will end overnight.

The problem is it DOES cost them money, in the players who quit playing, especially in the lower tiers, or stop spending. Even if you demonstrated that it was killing revenues, they wouldn't care. Arbitrary damage from CVs is integral to their business model which depends on ships dying quickly to put players back in the queue. Hence, 2 CVs are doubleplusgood, from their POV.

What you guys are actually advocating is improving the playing experience when the devs have repeatedly demonstrated they don't care about the playing experience.

You're talking about a firm whose customer orientation is so awful that we are years into the game and there is still no cart in the premium shop.

For an online game company.

At this point I don't know what action to take. The playerbase has been loud and clear on this issue of 2 CVs a side. WG simply. doesn't. care.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,826 battles
4 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

What you guys are actually advocating is improving the playing experience when the devs have repeatedly demonstrated they don't care about the playing experience.

You're talking about a firm whose customer orientation is so awful that we are years into the game and there is still no cart in the premium shop.

For an online game company.

At this point I don't know what action to take. The playerbase has been loud and clear on this issue of 2 CVs a side. WG simply. doesn't. care.

Quoted for truth.

WG

DOES

NOT

CARE

ABOUT

YOUR

GAME

BALANCE

IDEAS

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 2

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
1 hour ago, YouSatInGum said:

Not that this complaint has not been around early and often, but my quick recap on double CV games....

• DDs do not have adequate health pools to be expected to last an entire game from double the rocket attacks (DDs only recourse is to hang out with larger ships: see above issue)
  • Cruisers are more likely to camp at the back for same spotting reasons.  Any movement forward to better positions becomes difficult to not get punished for.
  • BBs Damage Controls get taxed and used beyond normal expectations.  A BB that get "picked on" by two becomes basically powerless to stay alive.
  • Even some CV players say they don't enjoy the double games since they are competing with other CV player on their team.
  • You often see players just quit early on or Yolo in from dissatisfaction of double CVs.

There are many other reasons, but despite players being very vocal about these games, WG has usually either ignored it or deflected criticism with inconsequential changes like not having 3 cv games at low tiers anymore. 

In the past being vocal has worked for things like the NTC but we players had to get really "loud".

Things like the CB boycott has had limited success, but maybe it did play a role in some of the changes in the upcoming season.

I have wondered what if we organized a player boycott pledge to not play in double CV games.  So don't actually boycott the games, but players could sign a support petition.  However, once a critical mass of players (or signatures) has been reached, then a limited action period could be implemented (like 2 weeks).  Hopefully, the publicity of the petition would force WG to take another look at the issue, so such an action would not be needed.  Again, I'm just trying to think of things to help get some changes on this issue.  I'm not sure the above would work, so I know a lot of players, while supporting not having double CVs, will not like the idea of quitting games.

Deal with the meta and learn, it makes you a better player.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 5

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,691 battles
10 minutes ago, lordholland4293 said:

Deal with the meta and learn, it makes you a better player.

Everyone in this conversation has already "dealt with the meta". 

This is a customer service issue, not a player skill issue. 

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 2

[SALVO]
Members
25,806 posts
28,077 battles
1 hour ago, Darmokattenagra said:

Just wait till italian carriers with SAP rockets. DDs will be non existent 

Gotta watch out for those pepperoni warheads.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,806 posts
28,077 battles
58 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

The only way to get your feedback heard is to get a job at WG.

Full stop.

Period.

Close thread.

Or buy the company.

• Boring 1

[BINGO]
Members
133 posts
9,148 battles

What can you do when the joy in a game runs dry from broken mechanics and diversion from base paradigms of game concept and design? 

Quite simple one quits or like myself and many others you just lose interest in playing most of the time.  Just as history itself has proven, planes destroy navies every time.  

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,351 posts
16,947 battles
1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Quoted for truth.

WG

DOES

NOT

CARE

ABOUT

YOUR

GAME

BALANCE

IDEAS

:Smile_great::cap_cool:And who says anyone cares about yours?:Smile_sceptic:And before anyone says it yup I know very few care anything about I think..........................................Nor do I care anything about those people, 99.9%  of them are Brain Dead anyway  IE  Zombies giphy.gif

Valkyrie Chooser of the Slain#7.png

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,826 battles
Just now, shadowsrmine said:

:Smile_great::cap_cool:And who says anyone cares about yours?:Smile_sceptic:And before anyone says it yup I know very few care anything about I think..........................................Nor do I care anything about those people, 99.9%  of them are Brain Dead anyway  IE  Zombies giphy.gif

I am basing my statement off of discussions with WG development staff and CCs who get to see the development process.

WG does not take community ideas into consideration. At MOST they take ideas from a select group of CCs. That is it.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,734 posts
7,251 battles

Why we still griping about this?...I literally haven't played in a two CV game in weeks.  And I play in CVs a lot.. Unless you are playing T4, then how is this really an earth shattering event?  I'm not a fan of them.. but there are way more frequent things I don't enjoy? 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,351 posts
16,947 battles
42 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I am basing my statement off of discussions with WG development staff and CCs who get to see the development process.

WG does not take community ideas into consideration. At MOST they take ideas from a select group of CCs. That is it.

:Smile_great::cap_cool:If that's your viewpoint why are you still here?  IE  Care to have some image.png.d7fd771d0c61507c9a595533603c8d50.pngWith your image.png.56036a14c12d00c8919edd1d6717917e.png

Valkyrie Chooser of the Slain#7.png

• Meh 2

[SIM]
Members
5,587 posts
9,012 battles

There's no problem with double CV matches, there's a problem with whiny players insisting that everything be tailored to their specific ship choice.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 5

[PVE]
Members
7,244 posts
23,105 battles
27 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

There's no problem with double CV matches, there's a problem with whiny players insisting that everything be tailored to their specific ship choice.

Ship choice is irrelevant...there is just as many players of each type that don't like CVs...

(None of the rest of this is directed at you SkaerKrow)

...but...if they're complaining about a proliferation of double CVs on each team they must be playing low tier matches all the time because the "proliferation" of double CVs on each team above T4 just isn't a thing as far as I've heard.

So if they want to stop being clubbed by double CVs the solution is really quite simple...they just need to stop clubbing low tier players...

& as an aside...i really wish they would stop using, "how are new players supposed to enjoy the game?" as some sort of an example of how bad 2 CVs per side is when they fail to consider themselves clubbing the seals in their chosen ship type into the equation of "how are new players supposed to enjoy the game?".

"But we need to grind new ship lines"...& that's a handful of games to get through those tiers...which can be done a lot quicker if they just play them instead of posting a whine thread in between each 1.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,691 battles
27 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Ship choice is irrelevant...there is just as many players of each type that don't like CVs...

(None of the rest of this is directed at you SkaerKrow)

...but...if they're complaining about a proliferation of double CVs on each team they must be playing low tier matches all the time because the "proliferation" of double CVs on each team above T4 just isn't a thing as far as I've heard.

I get them a lot. They are not uncommon at T6 but, rare at T8 and T10, thank all gods.

In any case, it's irrelevant which tier people are playing. They shouldn't have to put up with this garbage that people have been begging WG to get rid of since the idiotic ReBork dropped.

• Cool 1

[GGWP]
Members
7,208 posts
16,685 battles
5 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

Make sure to log out of the game immediately after every double cv game. They check those kind of metrics so if they see a huge population logs out after double cv games, they might do something. 

• Cool 1

[TFLT]
Members
290 posts
13,856 battles

I would be fine with CV's if they hadn't removed any counterplay and made all countermeasures against them useless. Even killing a CV won't put the player back in port like every other ship. They still get to fly around and spot or take another shot at killing you long after they died. If AA still worked. If DFAA still was the slightest bit useful. If my ships that used to be strong AA ships were still able to defend themselves? No problem. 

Making CVs 100x easier to play AND nerfing the tools we use to defend ourselves at the same time made this a problem. You could fix it by making AA less than worthless again (when the player base stops spec AA Captain Skills and installing AA modules and DFAA you know it's worthless). You could also fix it by not making CVs so easy to play that they don't automatically top the damage charts of all other classes. You could even make them a lot less obnoxious by removing the Rocket Planes they added. You could also make them less OP by actually having it mean something when you shoot down a plane like it used to when a poor CV player could be deplaned by poor play.

Any number of things could be done to fix the CV problems or make them more balanced. For whatever reason WeeGee has decided to ram them down our collective throats'. They know that if you could select a CV or no CV game mode than CVs would cease to exist. I would be willing to bet that 70% to 80% of players would vote to utterly remove them from the game if it were put to a player ballot. It wont be but perhaps just like they said there will never be Subs, there is no room for ships that have smoke and fire HE and no ship would ever have guns bigger than Yammy they will also do a 180 on policy concerning CV's and bring them in line and balance this ..IMO ridiculously unbalanced area of their game design.

Edited by CyberKnife
typo
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Meh 1