Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WM1957

Perth

9 comments in this topic

[PHD]
Members
246 posts
7,525 battles

After acquiring this ship a few days ago, I have found that I like it. It has decent guns that fire HE and AP with good reload times, torpedoes, smoke and a spotter plane. The only thing I wish is that I could put a UK captain in command. Any speculation on more Commonwealth ships coming in the future?

Anyone else have an opinion of the Perth.

[LOU1]
Members
4,228 posts
12,529 battles

My favorite ship.  When you get the hang of the creeping smoke this ship can be quite influential in a battle.  If you like the Perth, you might find her Pan-Asian counterpart, the Huanghe, interesting.  There are so many new ships and lines, I sort of forgot about her.

[TBW]
Members
10,737 posts
18,455 battles

The Perth is a great ship, crawling smoke is cool but the game doesn't let you know when it is running out and it takes a long time for it to reload since the smoke does,t start recharging until it is out of the last puff. It's a beast in Operations if you are trying to get Credits or various XP's. Well Killer Whale, Aegis and Raptor Rescue anyway, Newport just aint worth playing. Her firing range is short but she can spot for herself and gain more range with her spotter plane, while it lives.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[WORX]
Members
11,949 posts
19,486 battles

Femm says the Perth is an awsome ship granted, her opinion is on the biased side... Nonetheless, its the consensus. Its a good ship, once you've dedicated time in getting to know how she plays, along with the threats faced in game.

Edited by Navalpride33

[WOLF1]
Members
20 posts
3,363 battles

fun ship when played right I like it better than leander, like others said in ops it can definitely wreck and with DE and CE she becomes more lethal, blapped a bis and hipper with mine in asymetrical not long ago just from he spam alone

shot-20.07.06_21.19.26-0824.jpg

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
2 hours ago, WM1957 said:

After acquiring this ship a few days ago, I have found that I like it. It has decent guns that fire HE and AP with good reload times, torpedoes, smoke and a spotter plane. The only thing I wish is that I could put a UK captain in command. Any speculation on more Commonwealth ships coming in the future?

Anyone else have an opinion of the Perth.

mysore a T6 Fiji common wealth is coming.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,774 posts
25,041 battles

Perth is a good CL, and in Tier VI Ranked, one of the Cruisers that actually do well there, in a tier where DDs and BBs dominate.

A big factor is her concealment.  She and Leander can both Stealth Cap quite well, a pseudo-DD.  It's important late in a game after the DDs have been killed off.  Perth / Leander can get in the cap and take it, and most other ships that aren't a DD, CV, or super stealthy like these two will be outspotted.  They get outspotted then they get shot at by Perth's bigger Battleship friends.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,325 posts
7,808 battles
2 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

My favorite ship.  When you get the hang of the creeping smoke this ship can be quite influential in a battle.  If you like the Perth, you might find her Pan-Asian counterpart, the Huanghe, interesting.  There are so many new ships and lines, I sort of forgot about her.

I'd have to agree Huangue is a lot of fun and I do pretty well in her

[ARGSY]
Members
635 posts
10,272 battles

They had a free rental a few months ago, and I played Perth and liked her enough to purchase. (Slick marketing). I enjoyed her because of her slick tricks and fun game play. However, I have since come to the conclusion that once one learns the ins and outs of the walking smoke she is an OP or near OP boat. When smoke is down you can back away and use the spotter. Spotter is down you can close  and use the walking smoke. Good boat, great concealment, great maneuverability, fast acceleration. Fragile but what Cl is not at that level?  However, the walking smoke is the real deal. Smoke up, move at 1/4 speed and you can both spot and shoot from your own smoke. Not only makes you deadly but the spotting helps your team mates as well. Great boat. Kind of surprised that more did not pick her up. Don't see her much in randoms. She is a total bull moose in operations. 

Edited by handybilly

Sign in to follow this