You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shannon_Lindsey

What is really ruining the game

22 comments in this topic

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,122 posts
11,075 battles

What makes this game terrible and sometimes unfun to play is players who are whiny disrespectful scum with attitude problems who can't help but troll people. Obviously, this isn't everyone, but we have all dealt with players like this, who insult everyone else on their team and accuse them of being bots, just because they can't accept that they made mistakes. I just came out of a ranked battle with a smolensk player who decided after his death to start calling me a bot and telling everyone to report me, and that our loss was all my fault. Naturally, I had two kills and two caps in my Worcester, and just barely missed saving my star, and early on had played a big part in pushing back their strong flank with only two ships, but no, allegedly I had been camping the same island the entire game, nevermind that this was on Tears of the Desert, which is notriously difficult for Worcester to do well on. There was less than a minute to go when I finally died to a charging Ohio. My point is that it's infuriating because people like this watch their language just enough to dodge the filters and most chat bans, yet can be very demeaning to deal with, and frustrating because we also have to watch what we say back.

Since we can't name and shame, for obvious legal reasons, what can we do, since players like this regularly chase away people when the fun gets sucked out by their attitues? Players like this are the reason Karma has no real effect. They would abuse it. Any suggestions at all would be welcome, because I doubt WG wants players chasing other players away.

• Cool 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 3

Members
3,889 posts
14,039 battles
7 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Since we can't name and shame, for obvious legal reasons, what can we do, since players like this regularly chase away people when the fun gets sucked out by their attitues? Players like this are the reason Karma has no real effect. They would abuse it. Any suggestions at all would be welcome, because I doubt WG wants players chasing other players away.

There isnt any legal reasons for naming and shaming, it's just a WG policy. Other games allow it, some devs/pubs will even post lists of offenders (usually botter/cheaters).

Ive always been for naming and shaming, as long as evidence is provided. 

Anyways, I just ignore it. 

• Cool 5

[WORX]
Members
12,012 posts
19,514 battles

This is a minor issue in MMO games...

What really has me scratching my head, asking the obligatory "WHY" questions.. Are those players who complain about others in-game decisions, in matches we're winning or in the process of being won...

Its a fascinating case of human psychology from my POV...

I might give it a name as "arm-chair" Admiral character disorder.

I honestly think, they cant control that impulse to express negativity even in the wake of a victory. 

[WPORT]
Members
7,203 posts
12,205 battles
19 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

What makes this game terrible and sometimes unfun to play is players who are whiny disrespectful scum with attitude problems who can't help but troll people. Obviously, this isn't everyone, but we have all dealt with players like this, who insult everyone else on their team and accuse them of being bots, just because they can't accept that they made mistakes. I just came out of a ranked battle with a smolensk player who decided after his death to start calling me a bot and telling everyone to report me, and that our loss was all my fault. Naturally, I had two kills and two caps in my Worcester, and just barely missed saving my star, and early on had played a big part in pushing back their strong flank with only two ships, but no, allegedly I had been camping the same island the entire game, nevermind that this was on Tears of the Desert, which is notriously difficult for Worcester to do well on. There was less than a minute to go when I finally died to a charging Ohio. My point is that it's infuriating because people like this watch their language just enough to dodge the filters and most chat bans, yet can be very demeaning to deal with, and frustrating because we also have to watch what we say back.

I lived many years of my life before I learned the following concept ....

"My happiness and self-worth does not depend upon the whims & opinions of other people."

People who behave badly can be annoying and a drain on our social energy.  
They're also an opportunity, for us to exercise our "self-control" muscles.

While we seek enlightenment and strive for living by good example, we just might learn ways to cope with and perhaps even thwart bad behaviors and thrive amidst adversity.

• Cool 3

[WOLFG]
Members
31,385 posts
9,655 battles
9 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I honestly think, they cant control that impulse to express negativity even in the wake of a victory. 

It's hilarious when one of those is the first or second to be sunk, and they then proceed to carry on about how now the match is lost.

Even the enemy starting to lose more ships, and you having 2 caps, won't shut some of them up lol.

• Cool 1

Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles
3 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

It's hilarious when one of those is the first or second to be sunk, and they then proceed to carry on about how now the match is lost.

Even the enemy starting to lose more ships, and you having 2 caps, won't shut some of them up lol.

They are the first sunk usually because they have a plan in their head as to how they are going to play the map, and they will do that regardless of what the team says or does.

• Cool 2

[ANKER]
Members
1,418 posts
11,467 battles
16 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

This is a minor issue in MMO games...

What really has me scratching my head, asking the obligatory "WHY" questions.. Are those players who complain about others in-game decisions, in matches we're winning or in the process of being won...

Its a fascinating case of human psychology from my POV...

I might give it a name as "arm-chair" Admiral character disorder.

I agree.  This game has issues, but this one is very very very minor in the scheme of things.  Hopefully OP is just frustrated right now or somebody got under his skin.

[VAE]
Members
10 posts
24,333 battles

I usually just say something like "ok sure dead guy" or "aren't you dead already" or "yep, you keep believing that", or maybe "ok dead whiner". It doesn't stop the salt but at least you can now lol when he comes back with some stupid ragey answer.

• Meh 1

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,082 battles
1 hour ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Players like this are the reason Karma has no real effect.

Karma has no effect anyway other than increase the number of in battle compliments/reports one can make.

Now the suggestions.

Use the in battle misbehavior in chat and unsporting conduct reports.

For every instance note the names of the offenders and send a support ticket with the replay and if possible screen shots of the chat window.

Also if such things bother you yo this extent play co op.

• Thanks 1

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles
39 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

They are the first sunk usually because they have a plan in their head as to how they are going to play the map, and they will do that regardless of what the team says or does.

So much this. 

what I find separates a good player from a bad one is being able to play the map given current conditions and distribution of friendly and enemy- adjusting as the battle plays out... not just playing it their favourite way that worked one time in band camp.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,371 posts
22,207 battles

It's funny you call them scum.....

Now who has an attitude????

I am a 48% potato. 

But i let my actions in game stand by my team position results...

I normally finish top 5....

In ranked this season, top 3....

• Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
2 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

people whinning and poor players are what have ruined the games and I have been playing since 2015. Any long term vet can see a player decrease slightly depending on the matches.

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,839 battles
2 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Take screenshots of the offending text (abuse of players as you describe is likely a no-no), and submit a ticket to WG about the in-game chat abuse. If the abuse is long or context specific, I will open the replay and pull the screenshots from that.

There is a process for getting the referees to look at poor behavior. It's not too difficult to do AND is the most likely way to have some real world consequences for people who think they can be jerks online.

[SALVO]
Members
6,036 posts
4,964 battles
3 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

what can we do, since players like this regularly chase away people when the fun gets sucked out by their attitudes? 

• Tell them to try harder since my fun doesn't depend on some X guy typing something I may or may not read anyway
  • Troll them for laughs
  • Report them and troll them some more
  • Add to ban list

a lot of things we can do... 

Members
520 posts
209 battles

What is really ruining the game:

Unlike WOT, WOWS has no 'opt-out' mechanics.  WOT makes it easy to use in game mechanics to lawfully leave game and go to the garage.

The opt-out mechanics in WOT include:

1. Cliff jumping
  2. Cliff diving (much like cliff jumping - but landing in water)
  3. HE spam into a rock (or side of a building)
  4. Drowning
  5. Hull flipping 

I can still recall WOT stating how great the addition of physics into the game would be, and there were right!

If WOWS had an opt-out, the toxic people could go back to port.

[RGPLT]
Members
671 posts
17,792 battles
3 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

This is why WG lets you turn off chat in game. Press enter to get the chat box to pop up then use Ctrl + Mouse cursor to click the X on the chat box. 

Toxicity gone instantly! Its amazing. Honestly no you don't need the chat box for team work in matches because no one uses the chat box for that. They only use it for toxic behavior when they perceive the match is going to be a loss. Your team will clearly be winning and these people will be toxic in chat calling everyone names and such. lol Its not worth stressing over. Just laugh at them and go about your business.

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,798 posts

The toxic behavior in chat has been solved within the Wows game.

Disabling chat box. Ends the toxicity. Those who persist in continuing to be toxic get blacklisted in port if need be.

Forums have rules. They are not bad rules. Otherwise we would have a crapfilled tower of babel of toxicity that has no value to anyone. Discord comes to mind as such.

Trash talking however... was a fine art in shooter games. If you knifed a sniper who has been harvesting people at 2 miles you earned the right to go NYAH NYAH NYAH ha ha ha etc. However if you were a racist or really dirty in such trashtalking you ran the risk of being autobanned perma by script within the server's admin rules that enforce such.

Edited by xHeavy

[NBNG]
Beta Testers
1,573 posts
4,608 battles

its a multiplayer game that allows players to interact with other people with relative anonymity. What do you expect? You think this is bad? You should of seen the days of MW2 for Xbox 360. You want to see trolling and derogatory comments. The toxicity in those matches make this game look like a civil debate over dinner. I do miss that level of trash talking at times. It was legendary. 

[-VT-]
Members
1,025 posts
27,564 battles

I disagree with the original reason given. In my opinion the ability to rapidly get to higher tiers without having to learning the basics of the game causes most of the problems. There is no in game incentive to play better or learn.

You couple that with lazy match making then you get what we have...………….but still a great game

[WOLFG]
Members
1,008 posts

You were playing Ranked.  It is clearly the most abusive mode in the game, followed by Randoms.  You just have to do what most of us do, develop and thick skin and use Karma as a vent for the big mouths.