Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

ST 0.9.10, new content

32 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
4,750 posts
12,813 battles

Feedback? Uh... the consumable camo looks nice I guess (not my favorite by far, but still a lot better than some of the other patterns) and unique horns are different at least. Not really anything else we can even give feedback on with such a small dev blog. :cap_book:

I'd be interested to see how the ship gets released, since there's not much use for low tier ships in terms of missions anymore, so the number of people who would buy it outside of collectors is probably lower.

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Cool 1

[LANCE]
Members
846 posts
6,319 battles

Interesting to note the unique Capt has no special skills. Is this due to the Capt skills possible update? Could it be a forecast as to what may or may not happen to the current Capts with special skills?

The ship is a little unique so as a collector it may become a port Queen for me

[TAZ]
Members
834 posts

Can't find any thing on the Commander; but the ship was scheduled to be named Almirante Abreu when Brazil ordered it.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
22,452 posts
16,322 battles

Finally the Nueve captain gets another ship he can go into!

"Senhor, you expect me to command WHAT?"

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[GRAVE]
Members
1,414 posts
19,920 battles

New Pan-Am special commander, Brazilian camo, and Brazilian Albany. Could this be a sign of a Pan-Am line coming in 2021?

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,881 posts
28,240 battles

So, might this be the precursor for a South American DD line?  (I say DD line because pretty much any nation or group of nations that gets treated as a nation can probably pull together a line of DDs.  The Pan-Asian DD line for example.)  A South American DD line would seem to be one of the more obvious possibilities for smaller nations/navies.

EDIT: Can't imagine why anyone would downvote this innocuous post.

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[WMD]
Members
1,780 posts
10,120 battles

Very cool to see some love for another country, maybe Canada can get a unique skipper next... like maybe "Hard-over-Harry"  DeWolf. 

[SALVO]
Members
25,881 posts
28,240 battles
1 hour ago, Bravo4zero said:

Interesting to note the unique Capt has no special skills. Is this due to the Capt skills possible update? Could it be a forecast as to what may or may not happen to the current Capts with special skills?

I know the feeling when it comes to low (sub tier 5) ships.  I hadn't played my tier 2 ships in a VERY long time before they came up with the Epochs campaign, which ingeniously gave us a reason to play ships from different tiers across the various groups of missions.

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,756 posts
4,221 battles
2 hours ago, Bravo4zero said:

If they [edited] with Halsey as I get so much closer to getting him I'll be furious.

• Cool 1

[LANCE]
Members
846 posts
6,319 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

I know the feeling when it comes to low (sub tier 5) ships.  I hadn't played my tier 2 ships in a VERY long time before they came up with the Epochs campaign, which ingeniously gave us a reason to play ships from different tiers across the various groups of missions.

Yeah, I played a couple in that event and it made a difference to play some of them instead of the high tiers. You can still have fun occasionally in a 4v4 in the low tiers ... we had a 3 div Tachibana game a while back (4v4) that was a bit of fun to blow off some steam :cap_haloween:

35 minutes ago, TabbyHopkins said:

If they [edited] with Halsey as I get so much closer to getting him I'll be furious.

Hopefully they won’t. They’ve had “special” Capts before that came with 10pts and no special skills (Dasha Capt as an example) so it may be just one of those. Halsey is great btw so hope you get him soon!

[SALVO]
Members
25,881 posts
28,240 battles
3 minutes ago, Bravo4zero said:

Yeah, I played a couple in that event and it made a difference to play some of them instead of the high tiers. You can still have fun occasionally in a 4v4 in the low tiers ... we had a 3 div Tachibana game a while back (4v4) that was a bit of fun to blow off some steam :cap_haloween:

I actually played a bunch of tier 2 battles just to avoid the tier 4 CVs.

• Cool 1

[LANCE]
Members
846 posts
6,319 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I actually played a bunch of tier 2 battles just to avoid the tier 4 CVs.

It’d be fun to see a CB “sprint” using tier 2 & 3 ships. Imagine a 7v7 with 19pt Capt in some of those ships! Lol

[ALBR]
Members
111 posts
4,651 battles

Brazilian player here, and this is my feedback:

Well... not the braziliam ship that I really want, but finally a ship from Marinha do Brasil, I guess?!

I like it. WG is trying to approach on us (every video on YouTube BR has WoWs ads, even when the channel's content has nothing to do with warships or military stuff). I was not expectating any content like this, specially when the trend topics are american and italian battleships.

I know, it's a T2, a weak and a clone ship. But I think this is just a test to see how the brazilian community will react. I don't like so much the choosen ship because USS Albany served the USN, not the brazilian navy. But, if this is the starting point to a new pan american tech tree, I'll support it (and being a T2, maybe this mean it won't be expensive huehue). Not so long ago, I was a bit sad seeing a lot of WoWs ads in youtube br videos and nothing related to Brasil in the game (if you will invest so much money in propaganda, why not invest a bit in game content for this region? We have a pan america flag and a south american ship in the game already, so, why not?).

I liked the captain, specially about this: "He will have a unique appearance, and his ranks will match those of the Brazilian Navy". You put the Marinha do Brasil jackflag!! I loved it. And about the cruiser, well... the camo is a little... Foreigners tend to think brazilians likes our flag colors on everything, but this only happens on world cups haha (but crazy camos are a common thing now, right? So, there's no problem xD).

And for you guys from North America, I recommend this topic. This may be interesting for you:

I know the stereotype of south american navies is "they are weak". But an pan america line can have good ships, specially battleships (maybe the T9 and T10 being absolutely fantasy ships, but hey, Roon and Hindenburg got the same treatment). The south american dreadnought race was something, after all "né'". And I think we can't complain about paper/fantasy ships nowadays, because there are a lot of ships like that in the game.

Maredraco, você tem um dedo nisso, não é? Agradeço e muito pelo seu esforço em agitar os desenvolvedores do jogo.

Ah, I know that little detail on the Almirante Abreu's bow is just a repainting of the original Albany ornament (I don't know if it's the right way to reffer to this object), but I liked it very much. This is a photo of frigate Niterói F-40, and I pointed the ornament. If more Brazilian ships are added to the game, I hope they will have this.

unknown.png

Edited by IbukiBolinho
  • Cool 2

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,756 posts
4,221 battles
31 minutes ago, Bravo4zero said:

Hopefully they won’t. They’ve had “special” Capts before that came with 10pts and no special skills (Dasha Capt as an example) so it may be just one of those. Halsey is great btw so hope you get him soon!

I'm gridning out Halsey the cheap and lame way by mostly doing the 1 star missions on repeat...over and over and over. It's taken time but I''m on the 5th set of missions finally.

[POP]
Members
2,995 posts
24,104 battles

Don't think this guy is real.

phpBgEgoI

This is fine its always good to have a Fleet Commander for Pan America, but why not this guy who is real

GLAM MB Contra-Almirante Pedro Max Fernando de Frontin (45024097234).jpg

Pedro Max Fernando Frontin (8 February 1867 – 7 April 1939) was an Admiral from the Brazilian Navy. He fought alongside the Triple Entente during World War I.

• Cool 2

[PDCB]
Members
503 posts
9,036 battles
7 hours ago, tm63au said:

This is fine its always good to have a Fleet Commander for Pan America, but why not this guy who is real

WG doesn't add real people to the game whenever they want, first they take all the legal precautions and fill the proper documents, for burocracy stuff, and they need to ask permission for any living relative of the real person to add his image into the game. Because wg by some way is going to make money over his image.

Once one memeber from the NA staff wrote a post here in the forum saying that Jingles, for example, took about 6 months to complete all the legal requirements to implement him into the game, and he was strongly willing to help.

Since no relative of real commanders were found, they came out with a fictional guy, like the jean-Jacques Honoré, face modeled in one of WG's employees and a generic name.

• Thanks 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,198 posts
10,466 battles
2 hours ago, MaxVladimus said:

Once one memeber from the NA staff wrote a post here in the forum saying that Jingles, for example, took about 6 months to complete all the legal requirements to implement him into the game, and he was strongly willing to help.

Was it that much paperwork, or did he just keep filling it out wrong?

• Funny 1

[PDCB]
Members
503 posts
9,036 battles
58 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Was it that much paperwork, or did he just keep filling it out wrong?

most probably the paperwork and documents, the content is available worldwide so the burocracy isn't limited to just one country

[SIM]
Members
5,591 posts
9,023 battles

Excuse me? You can give the Pan American captain a special skill or two. This is just lazy and disrespectful. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[SALVO]
Members
25,881 posts
28,240 battles
12 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Excuse me? You can give the Pan American captain a special skill or two. This is just lazy and disrespectful. 

Yeah, I don't like these special commanders that don't come with a couple of enhanced skills.  That includes the historical ones in the armory.  Seriously, how difficult is it to add a couple of enhanced skills?  Jeez.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this