You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
iRA6E

FDR IS HERE!

22 comments in this topic

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,734 posts
7,251 battles

So FDR drops tomorrow..    33K steel, and lo and behold, I'm about 300 steel short with my coupon...     Sitting at 9.2 in ranked.    Can I earn two stars tonight to get it on day one?    

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[USCC]
Members
3,111 posts
14,656 battles

From what I've seen of it in streams, you might want to hold off a bit, like maybe forever. :Smile_sceptic: 

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
4,734 posts
7,251 battles
1 hour ago, Akeno017 said:

Better question yet..

Should you?

Do not know?.... But intend to find out.   According to these forums everyone who has come up against it in testing says its brokenly OP?   According to testers and CCs who are streaming it, it is garbage?  So by that metric....I'm guessing it's just about like every other new ship ever introduced?   

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,558 posts
25,372 battles

I wouldnt bother man. I tested it multiple times before I left the ST program and it's boring and unrewarding. It takes everything good or fun about CV play and throws it in the garbage. 

I mean, to each their own but as a CV fan this is the o e to skip.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
4,734 posts
7,251 battles
1 hour ago, Skuggsja said:

I wouldnt bother man. I tested it multiple times before I left the ST program and it's boring and unrewarding. It takes everything good or fun about CV play and throws it in the garbage. 

Hey you're talking to someone that paid cash for Indomitable...    I've been saving for this one for a while?   I don't get along with many of my T10 CVs really. So expectations are already low...   You know, someone's got to keep the CV stats down.. might as well be me.

• Haha 1

[WOLF5]
Members
110 posts
3 hours ago, Skuggsja said:

I was thinking exactly what you're saying .. The slow planes and 25 second cool down between attack runs are a straight no from me.  I don't have that kind of patience.

Edited by Blackychann

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
887 posts
6,966 battles
44 minutes ago, Blackychann said:

I was thinking exactly what you're saying .. The slow planes and 25 second cool down between attack runs are a straight no from me.  I don't have that kind of patience.

Would u clarify this for me. Is it attack runs or, once you return to the carrier, a 25 second cool down begins on the last used plane type?

Edited by Merc_R_Us

Members
16 posts
3,691 battles
10 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

Would u clarify this for me. Is it attack runs or, once you return to the carrier, a 25 second cool down begins on the last used plane type?

Between each strike.

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,558 posts
25,372 battles
2 hours ago, iRA6E said:

Hey you're talking to someone that paid cash for Indomitable...    I've been saving for this one for a while?   I don't get along with many of my T10 CVs really. So expectations are already low...   You know, someone's got to keep the CV stats down.. might as well be me.

I get it man, I bought Indomitable too but I enjoy it. FDR just wasnt fun for me. Maybe you'll like it though but don't say I didn't try to warn ya. Anyway, hope it works out for ya.

• Cool 2

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
4,734 posts
7,251 battles

2 ranked games 2 stars...  I have the steel.. will see how it is tomorrow?   Wish me luck, without CBs it will only take about 2 years to replace the steel. 

• Cool 1

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,558 posts
25,372 battles
6 hours ago, iRA6E said:

2 ranked games 2 stars...  I have the steel.. will see how it is tomorrow?   Wish me luck, without CBs it will only take about 2 years to replace the steel. 

Be sure to let us know what you think. I'm very curious as to what you'll feel about it once you have some games in.

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
4,734 posts
7,251 battles

only training room time so far... going to be a very very different animal to play.  its an absolute  hammer...  but will require some rethinking of old habits.  rearm time is somewhat disarming.   flight time with some of its squadrons is not as bad as first impression because boost is generous with some skills/upgrades. it's that rearm time after an attack that requires some planning.  This is going to be the bane of BBs I believe?  

[GRETA]
Members
1,225 posts
10,090 battles
23 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

only training room time so far... going to be a very very different animal to play.  its an absolute  hammer...  but will require some rethinking of old habits.  rearm time is somewhat disarming.   flight time with some of its squadrons is not as bad as first impression because boost is generous with some skills/upgrades. it's that rearm time after an attack that requires some planning.  This is going to be the bane of BBs I believe?  

I am currently about 5k steel short so I don't have it yet but I plan on getting her as soon as I have the steel.  Based on what I have seen I think her hard counter will be the MVR.  Her fast planes can get fighters out in front of FDR squadrons and basically shut her down.

Both ships are the bane of BB's and cruisers,  giving the DD community a much needed respite.   Only time will tell if they can be effective however as big damage numbers on BB's don't mean much if the red team has skilled DD's you can't do anything about.

Members
57 posts
3,402 battles

Basically all your planes are audacious rocket planes, they can’t avoid flak worth a damn, but unlike audacious rocket planes you are rewarded with a ton of damage. They also get eaten by fighters but generally are great at soaking up continuous AA.

So basically how strong an FDR is depends entirely on how many people are running Fighters and DefAA. As well as enemies being oblivious to the turtle planes of death crawling towards them. “Bane of BBs” holds abit of truth though.

Predropping and F key isn’t particularly useful with your abysmal plane speed and small attacking squadron, however you can attack multiple times with your health pool and squadron size, which is what the 25 second cool down is balancing.

• Cool 1

[RRN]
Members
32 posts
5,404 battles

I got to play against one in ranked today. Those rockets hurt, especially after 175 hits.

Screenshot (150).png