You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

OOPS! Patch drops tonight. Almost missed a SC!

31 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,485 posts

I've been so busy with my Yamamoto Grind/Dockyard.   I Just notice that I will need to FXP the rest of the way to the Petropav if I want the SC too.

Been hoarding FXP but this will cost me 300K Ouch!  I will still have 2M after but I am holding out for the new FXP ships .

Don't miss out on getting that ship and Gift before the patch drops.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
22,256 posts
16,226 battles

Thanks for the reminder. However, I'm not close enough to any Tier 10 ship that knuckling down and grinding the night away would help me.  I could get to the Fletcher, but the number of camos and flags I would blow would be more than what's in the containers I'd get.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,734 posts
7,251 battles

Going to buy a couple of T10s myself tonight after announcement of FDR..  was hoarding until then, so I'll grab Slava or Colbert?  & Yoshino and open a couple more myself.   I have a metric Fton of free XP also..  so may go ahead and run through to Kremlin as well.. could do Kerfurst as well.. I've gotten both lines to T9?   but no way to buy both to get the win unless I sell some stuff.    

[FRR]
Members
820 posts
27 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I've been so busy with my Yamamoto Grind/Dockyard.   I Just notice that I will need to FXP the rest of the way to the Petropav if I want the SC too.

Been hoarding FXP but this will cost me 300K Ouch!  I will still have 2M after but I am holding out for the new FXP ships .

Thanks for the reminder. Upon reflection, I won't use FXP to get to Goliath just to have a supercontainer. I realize it would be better to use it to promote another captain to 19 points.

• Confused 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,040 posts
11,110 battles

I was able to snag Halland, Kleber, and kremlin this patch using about 33k total free xp. Riga will cost about 200k but I’m not sure I want the S.C. bad enough. I’ll let the beer speak to me later and decide :). Thanks for the reminder OP

Edited by ditka_Fatdog

[A-I-M]
Members
3,572 posts
14,456 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

23 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

I was able to snag Halland, Kleber, and kremlin this patch using about 33k total free xp. Riga will cost about 200k but I’m not sure I want the S.C. bad enough. I’ll let the beer speak to me later and decide :). Thanks for the reminder OP

To the both of you:

Think about what you’re doing.

1. Riga is T9, and won’t get you a supercontainer.

2. Max FXP from a supercontainer is 50,000 Free XP, and you guys are talking about spending 200,000 and 300,000 Free XP to get ONE container.

3. Likewise, max coal is 15,000, and max steel is 1500. Each will get you about the same fraction of a ship as the 50,000 FXP can.

You’re talking about spending 4-6 times the worth of the best possible supercontainer drops to get ONE supercontainer.

Outside of a ship drop, you guys are practically demanding to be disappointed. Who knows? Even at that, perhaps a Krasny Krym fate awaits you all.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea
  • Cool 2

[BIG-7]
Beta Testers
394 posts
13,002 battles

Good analysis Manny,

I ground to my last tier 10, got the supercontainer and got camo, which I dont need.  If I had spent free XP to get there I would have been sorely disappointed.  

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,955 posts

I guess I should triple-check, but I think I got all the tier 10s I want to spend anything on right now at the start of the patch.  

[GOB]
Members
2,485 posts
24 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

To the both of you:

2. Max FXP from a supercontainer is 50,000 Free XP, and you guys are talking about spending 200,000 and 300,000 Free XP to get ONE container.

3. Likewise, max coal is 15,000, and max steel is 1500. Each will get you about the same fraction of a ship as the 50,000 FXP can.

You’re talking about spending 4-6 times the worth of the best possible supercontainer drops to get ONE supercontainer.

Outside of a ship drop, you guys are practically demanding to be disappointed. Who knows? Even at that, perhaps a Krasny Krym fate awaits you all.

Actually that would be 2 ships and 3 containers for me.

I think we both know this.

I for one planned to get the ships anyway and the gifts are just a bonus.  As for FXP I have over 2M after this and in no hurry to use it.

I have more coal than it takes to get the most expensive ship without a Coupon so it ok .

Just got a 1500 Steel SC yesterday from the Yamamoto grind so I am happy there too.

Bored sitting on all of this stuff so if I get a ship drop SC that would be fun! If not that's cool too.

I'll make that 300K FXP back in no time.

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 1

Members
3,664 posts
42,334 battles
1 hour ago, ArmoredFrostX said:

Thanks for the reminder. Upon reflection, I won't use FXP to get to Goliath just to have a supercontainer. I realize it would be better to use it to promote another captain to 19 points.

Just don't dismiss any captains you get free. Hoard those as well, then when captain skills reset comes you can recycle them for the XP.

Once that update drops, I will deploy the BladeRunners. The replicate captains aren't dismissed, they are retired.

A shame Deckard is missing. He could have had it all done in a few days.

Members
3,664 posts
42,334 battles
24 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Actually that would be 2 ships and 3 containers for me.

I think we both know this.

I for one planned to get the ships anyway and the gifts are just a bonus.  As for FXP I have over 2M after this and in no hurry to use it.

I have more coal than it takes to get the most expensive ship without a Coupon so it ok .

Just got a 1500 Steel SC yesterday from the Yamamoto grind so I am happy there too.

Bored sitting on all of this stuff so if I get a ship drop SC that would be fun! If not that's cool too.

I'll make that 300K FXP back in no time.

Hold that coal too long and you start coughing.

Members
3,664 posts
42,334 battles
55 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

To the both of you:

Well, at least he won't get detonation flags two in a row. I think I got all the damn detonation flags.

So go ahead, I guarantee at least one ship. I am sure the RNG pool should be empty on detonation flags. Yep, I got them all.

I am the Pokemon master of detonation flags. And I already used them all up too. And First game without a detonation flag...you guessed it, explosion. 

If I get one more supercontainer with detonation flags, then I think I will explode myself.

So, yeah, I think he has a good chance to win really big.

😏

Feel free to post what you got.

We are dying to know. Screenshot or it never happened. 😉

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,040 posts
11,110 battles
1 hour ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

To the both of you:

First, I was saying I have riga and would cost a few hundred k free xp for petro. I have 2.2 mil free xp. No issues for me to spend a few hundred thousand. If I get coal or steel or a ship it’s worth it to me. Flags or camos or free xp obviously not so much but it might be a chance I’m willing to take

Edited by ditka_Fatdog

[ARGSY]
Members
22,256 posts
16,226 battles
1 hour ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

:Smile_veryhappy:

It's true, though. 

Mind you, I already have the Krasny Krym... but tempting fate by blowing coal and FXP on Tier 10 ships for that elusive drop of a lifetime could just as easily put a Yahagi in my port as a Missouri or Benham. 

Meanwhile, I'm sure that even if I got hold of one of those Guaranteed Premium Ship boxes, it would drop me something I don't want or need - like a Black version of something I've already got or a standard Asashio to go with my Black version.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,572 posts
14,456 battles
3 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

I have 2.2 mil free xp. No issues for me to spend a few hundred thousand. If I get coal or steel or a ship it’s worth it to me. Flags or camos or free xp obviously not so much but it might be a chance I’m willing to take

You guys can do what you want.

Just be sure to post spending and SC results, to advertise your return on your investment.

6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's true, though. 

I wanted to rip off a line from Tim the Enchanter in “Monty Python & The Holy Grail”:

”[KRASNY KRYM] AWAITS YOU ALL, WITH NASTY BIG, POINTY TEETH!”

[ARGSY]
Members
22,256 posts
16,226 battles
5 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

”[KRASNY KRYM] AWAITS YOU ALL, WITH NASTY BIG, POINTY TEETH!”

Until you take her into a T7 fight. Then the teeth are blunt and can barely put dents in a teething rusk.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,572 posts
14,456 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Until you take her into a T7 fight. Then the teeth are blunt and can barely put dents in a teething rusk.

I wasn’t talking about the ship itself, I was talking about the foul, cruel fate of getting it.

[GOB]
Members
2,485 posts
42 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's true, though. 

Mind you, I already have the Krasny Krym... but tempting fate by blowing coal and FXP on Tier 10 ships for that elusive drop of a lifetime could just as easily put a Yahagi in my port as a Missouri or Benham. 

Meanwhile, I'm sure that even if I got hold of one of those Guaranteed Premium Ship boxes, it would drop me something I don't want or need - like a Black version of something I've already got or a standard Asashio to go with my Black version.

36 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

You guys can do what you want.

Just be sure to post spending and SC results, to advertise your return on your investment.

Already have the Krispy Cream...  No coal being used just FXP I'm not doing anything with and have plenty of.

I'm not doing this because I expect a great ship from the 3 containers.. I was getting the ships anyway and the containers , whatever the contents are simply a bonus I would not get if I waited until tomorrow.

Still I will post the contents of the 3 crates.. .. As long as they aren't Det flags I'm Happy.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,256 posts
16,226 battles
38 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I wasn’t talking about the ship itself, I was talking about the foul, cruel fate of getting it.

Oh, I know - I was contrasting the foul, cruel fate of getting it with the capabilities of the ship itself.

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
603 posts
12,380 battles

I picked the Bourgogne and Ohio this weekend and pulled 1k dubs and 100 papa papa (have close to 1000 now)

Could FXP to Conq, but meh why bother. 

Had the resources for the other 2 and nothing else I  wanted to use them for coming soon.

[GGWP]
Members
7,208 posts
16,705 battles
4 hours ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

Come on, that SC will likely drop 50k fxp. Totally worth it. 

[A-I-M]
Members
3,572 posts
14,456 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

...whatever the contents are simply a bonus I would not get if I waited until tomorrow.

Yeah, but tonight vs. tomorrow isn’t the only choice...there is also grinding out the target ships and hanging on to FXP, and having made more in the meantime.

If you can earn back the FXP “in no time”, then earning the ship XP should go even faster, and nothing to prevent you from “earning back” FXP you DON’T spend, and be doubly ahead.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,572 posts
14,456 battles
22 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Come on, that SC will likely drop 50k fxp. Totally worth it. 

If he gets ANY SC for the Riga, it’ll be news, even if it’s Type 1 camo, seeing as it’s a T9.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,040 posts
11,110 battles
22 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

If he gets ANY SC for the Riga, it’ll be news, even if it’s Type 1 camo, seeing as it’s a T9.

You aren’t reading what I re wrote after the initial wording was confusing to you. I have riga, it would be to get to petro. I was unaware that wows had a free xp police force...defund it 🤣