You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Update 0.9.9 - Bug Reports

57 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,269 posts
14,704 battles

Standby for words from the Chief,

Update 0.9.9 is here, so please provide any bug reports you may encounter here. 

Please also check our little guide on how to report a bug here: 

If you're fairly certain you've encountered a bug, we'd like to encourage you to submit it to the Game Support section of the WoWS ticket queues, within a section where bugs are asked for, or to create a post within this sub-forum.

Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit, YES I know we have made it automatic, I will state it as I am sure someone will find a workaround. 

DO NOT just move your old mods into the new mods folder, make sure they are updated!

I do ask that you please provide any and all information that you can when reporting an issue. 

***Please follow the format below***

Issue: This is where you should explain the problem that you're having.

Expected Result: Tell us what should be happening.
How to Replicate: Give us examples on
 how to reproduce this bug.
Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: Screenshots and Replays go a long way, so having this ready to go will really help. 

Just some friendly reminders of what a bug is NOT:

• An aspect of game design that you disagree with ("This ship needs to be buffed" "That ship needs to be nerfed" "The ocean is the wrong shade of blue")
  • Items that you feel are missing from your account (almost always this is a problem with your payment method for premium stuff or an interface confusion for the rest)
  • Historical Inaccuracies
  • Issues related to your installed mods. - Remove your mods, if you have any, and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit.
  • We reserve the right to add to this list :Smile_izmena:

Forgot to mention, REMOVE YOUR MODS and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit, YES I know we have made it automatic, I will state it as I am sure someone will find a workaround. 

DO NOT just move your old mods into the new mods folder, make sure they are updated!

For each support ticket, please make sure to attach WG Check tool report to those tickets! That will help us to better understand the nature of the issue you're experiencing.

You can find the instructions on how to use that tool here: 

• Cool 1

[VFW]
Members
1,468 posts
30,627 battles

While in-game, (both start and on-going) the team line up only shows player name.  The ship and tier are not showing.  Once match is over, full team line-up shows.

VR, 

Update:  Ran the debug program in game settings...seemed to clear that issue.

Edited by TexJapan

[IROCZ]
Beta Testers
64 posts
10,899 battles

Experiencing intermittent fps hiccups since this update.

Also noticed it in the Public Test and was hoping it would be fixed before the general release.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[RBMK2]
Members
7 posts
6,193 battles

I agree with the previous post above, the changes are giving me motion sickness too LOL, as well as the new rocket reticle causing me to struggle to see the waterline and deck line of ships I am attacking.  However, these are not "bugs" per say, more a matter of preference for the old system.

My actual bugs do also occur with CV's though, I just took my Midway, and then Wesser, into a training room, and was able to replicate these issues with consistency.  

1.  Every time a squadron is launched, the camera reverts back to the most zoomed in view of the planes, and does not remember where the player has zoomed to in the previous launch of that type of squadron in the match.  I usually like to keep the camera zoomed out one or two ticks, and so this is extremely annoying, but not affecting gameplay in any major way.

2.  When beginning an attack run, after circling around for a second pass and therefore coming out of a hard turn, I often find myself having oversteered my planes slightly.  Previously, the slight adjustment made by the mouse (with no WASD) back to center would correct my slight oversteer whether I was flying normally or beginning an attack run.  Now, it seems that the slight mouse correction STOPS when I click to begin an attack run, and has to be manually restarted by moving the mouse back inside the ellipse-like bars.  During normal flight, and during an attack run there is no issue; it is only at the transition from normal flight to attack run that this loss of centering occurs.  This affects my aiming significantly, as needing to manually WASD adjust back onto the centerline of my attack run significantly impacts the size of the aiming reticle.  

3.  With the new bomber attack run path, it seems as if the translational speed of the attack when the reticle is about to hit 0 seconds of aiming time is significantly faster than previously.  One unintended consequence of this is that when dropping right before the timer expires, I am no longer able to see the damage dealt number rising from the victim before it disappears out of view of the planes, even when looking as far down as possible.  For high drops the number can still be seen well enough, only on low drops is this an issue.  I feel like previously there was a pause in the camera to allow for viewing of the damage number, before jumping back to the remaining bombers, but I cannot be sure.  I'm not sure about everyone else, but I would very much like to know how effective my attack was, without needing to remember what my total damage had been before the attack.  

Please note I do NOT use ANY mods whatsoever.  

Please see the attached replay where I try to briefly demonstrate the issues in a training room, albeit I'm not quite sure how well it demonstrates the point, in a replay where the CV reticles are not always visible.  I begin by demonstrated item #1, then move to item #2, and finally #3, before choosing at random.  

Thank you for the attention @Hapa_Fodder

20200930_165924_PASA110-Midway_04_Archipelago.wowsreplay

[TRIST]
Members
414 posts
4,425 battles

I don't know if it's been reported but the engine boost on my CV planes seems to take a while to ramp up but falls down almost immediately. I've been noticing it over a few battles and it feels weird compared to last patch, hope it gets fixed tho! :cap_hmm:

[LANCE]
Members
846 posts
6,305 battles

Been noticing a “stutter” (like packet loss) since the patch dropped. I’ve tried it on 3 different internet connections (all different ISPs) and it still persists. Multiple clan mates have also noticed this. It’s very intermittent though.

• Cool 4

[WORX]
Members
11,951 posts
19,486 battles

I've noticed a slight stutter or performance drop... Incidents of when it occurs, usually in battle, when the red ship or planes pop up for the first time and/or disappear again.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[WORX]
Members
11,951 posts
19,486 battles
3 hours ago, Flex_AU said:

Update Client... IT is !! no Mods..

IF it says the client is not updated... Go back into WGC and see what version of the client is stated next to the play button..

[IROCZ]
Beta Testers
64 posts
10,899 battles
5 hours ago, Bravo4zero said:

Been noticing a “stutter” (like packet loss) since the patch dropped. I’ve tried it on 3 different internet connections (all different ISPs) and it still persists. Multiple clan mates have also noticed this. It’s very intermittent though.

Same here, I noticed it first during the PT and was hoping it would be fixed before general release.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Members
8 posts
5,923 battles

CV now cause me motion sickness

I do not use any mods in the game.

The new aiming system of CV gives me serious headaches and dizziness.

I just have to stop playing the game after I played CV for about 40 mins to prevent vomiting.

This issue is caused by the dramatic change of the camera position on the squadron.

Edited by BilibiliTV_KnightStorm
  • Cool 1

Members
5 posts
23 battles

I see ships stuttering and bouncing around a bit instead of moving smoothly, as they did in the months I played before this patch.   It's incredibly annoying, and painful to the eyes, enough so that it is gonna be a game breaker if it isn't fixed.  It seems to happen far more with ships at range than nearby.

• Cool 1

Members
86 posts
5,753 battles

Am I the only one not getting the daily shipments? I play on EU and ASIA, and on both you get a daily shipment. This is the one from Asia just now.shot-20_10.01_16_03.26-0380.thumb.jpg.b955a21621738c8812b8c855b2918356.jpg.

Edited by Brave_Sir_Robin_1
  • Confused 1

[ARA]
Members
2 posts
684 battles

I am having a problem with the sight (I think) of the aircraft carrier squadrons I think it is bugged and it happens to me with all the squadrons too, problems with the sound of the squadrons, the bombers and the attack ones directly I cannot play them because I lock the whole game. I hope you can help me (I leave attached). I don't have any mod installed

shot-20.09.30_18.06.03-0137.jpg

shot-20.09.30_18.06.05-0635.jpg

shot-20.09.30_18.13.43-0778.jpg

shot-20.09.30_18.13.44-0281.jpg

shot-20.09.30_18.13.44-0492.jpg

WoWS_report.wgc

Edited by Sherpyan

Members
5 posts
2,267 battles

The graphic interface freezes when new ships are catched in sight. With CV it's dramatic: I lose the right instant to shot, and all the approaching is wasted, and flying group lost under the AAC fire.

Playing CV VIII vs tiers X was already disappointing. Now I'm going to stop playing CVs till a fix.

Sorry.

Update 2020-10-06: after my GPU driver upgrade and the yesterday patch of WofB, my CV VIII is playable on my PC again. A little bit of stuttering yet, but not like before.

Thank you.

Update 2020-10-07: yesterday another patch the and stuttering is completely disappeared!! CV VIII playable perfectly. Eccept when I attack Stralingrad CRs ...!

Edited by Kahdmazu
Upgrades

[AWOW]
Members
6 posts
4,765 battles

I’m getting the same stuttering or seems like packet loss off and on.  I’ve tried all different graphics settings and even on low setting it’s doing a packet loss off and on during game play.  It effects the performance of gameplay.  Before this patch I didn’t have any issues and my setting are normally on high with 70+FPS. 

something is definitely not right since the release of 9.9

• Cool 3

[POP]
Members
4,749 posts
12,813 battles

Add another report of the FPS drop issues - yesterday was fine except when any ship was rendered in within my spotting range (and it would drop to 5 FPS or lower for a few seconds and freeze), last night had no problems, but all day today I’ve been having constant mini freezes and stutters every few seconds. 

Already ran multiple check and repairs yesterday and today, tried both safe mode and deleting the mods as well as completely uninstalling the modstation (mentioned as a fix on reddit), and no luck. Happens in replays from this patch too, but replays from 9.8 are fine. When I get the freezes, my RAM has a brief spike of around half a gig, and my cpu usage spikes from the normal 5-8% to well over 50% (which more or less never happens normally outside of sustained high cpu usage when rendering video or audio). 

Another bug that started today (and I’ve seen others mention it starting today too) is the client always freezes and crashes whenever you try to right click on a player when in battle in the team screen or on the team score page of the results. Normal right click in game or in port still works fine. 

Edit: The hotfix from earlier today fixed the frame rate issues, but right clicking a player name in the team panel or post battle result still crashes to desktop, and the stuttering comes back when you load back in. Running the hotfix again doesn’t work so you have to delete it from the wows folder, and then extract and run again. Still getting frame rate stutters in port, but in battle is fine with the fix. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

[CRF]
Members
921 posts
8,717 battles
23 hours ago, Brave_Sir_Robin_1 said:

Am I the only one not getting the daily shipments? I play on EU and ASIA, and on both you get a daily shipment. This is the one from Asia just now.shot-20_10.01_16_03.26-0380.thumb.jpg.b955a21621738c8812b8c855b2918356.jpg.

CONGRATULATIONS, Like me and several others, you are in the "control" group that is composed of random players that no longer have access to the Login rewards.

At the very bottom of the announcement article:

We're continuing our work on enhancing the Daily Shipments: two new options will be added in Update 0.9.9. We'll test the new mechanics as the Update goes live. To ensure that we get credible test results, some players will collect their rewards via the "old" version of Daily Shipments, while others will receive the new ones. This research will also require a random reference group, which is why certain players will unfortunately not have access to Daily Shipments during this Update.

Edited by sonoasailor
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[MANC]
[MANC]
Members
14 posts
3,765 battles

The issue specifically is FPS drops that nearly cause the game to freeze, it'll jump between 0 FPS (yes I have hit 0 with this patch,) and after my ship is sunk (which is getting a lot easier for the enemy to do because I am almost helpless when these frame rate issues begin,) the FPS will jump as high as 80 though as I am floating around the map as an observer. I don't know about any involvement between CV's and this, since I have had this in matches with and without CV's.

I am genuinely wondering what is going to be done about this, for the record, I use no mods, I have never used any mods and I have no intention to start using mods with this or for the foreseeable future.

[CCO37]
Members
1 post
3,769 battles

After updating to 0.9.9 I starting noticing the FPS dropped from 75 to 20-35. Sometimes it stops for a couple of seconds. I applied the patch per the instructions, then ran the game again. Got the same results. It's becoming almost unplayable.

PC: OMEN 17t Gamers Notebook

CPU: Intel Core i9-988oh

MEM: 32GB

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB Max-Q

It's not my PC!

• Cool 1

[OVRPN]
[OVRPN]
Beta Testers
157 posts
18,590 battles

They randomly picked players that would no longer receive rewards, as part of some test?  What kind of test are they running that would require a non-blind control group? That makes zero sense. 

• Cool 1

[KEGEL]
Members
281 posts
12,732 battles
On 10/1/2020 at 2:13 PM, Bravo4zero said:

Having same issue.

Rendering spotted ships causes hitching.

Switching to torps in a DD it's especially noticeable except it doesn't disappear until i switch back to guns.

The new patch is almost unplayable with constant stutter & hitching in framerate.

• Cool 1