You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FrodoFraggin

Paola Emilio for RP

42 comments in this topic

[-TKS-]
Members
1,333 posts
13,258 battles

So the rarest ship in the game. Got it. /s

(Seriously who would regrind lines for that when Slava, Siegfried, and Ohio exist)

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,284 battles

Expect to see a lot of new ships chucked into the Research Bureau going forward. WG can’t really monetize Coal or Steel, but RB points? Open your wallets, whales. :cap_old:

• Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[ARGSY]
Members
30,557 posts
28,102 battles
1 minute ago, SkaerKrow said:

Expect to see a lot of new ships chucked into the Research Bureau going forward. WG can’t really monetize Coal or Steel, but RB points? Open your wallets, whales. :cap_old:

You can't whale the RB without actually having played the game quite a bit. That converted FXP has to come from somewhere.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,593 posts
7,430 battles

If there was a way to convert free xp into research points...my question is...would people do it.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,404 posts
16,552 battles

Yea I saw the paolo in the notes. It just doesn’t make sense to me. If you are trying to bring out a new line Wouldn’t you want the first ship to be more readily available So you can get data? My only guess is they couldn’t find a way to make her work and that the tech tree line will be vastly different

[5IN]
Members
201 posts
32,832 battles
15 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

If there was a way to convert free xp into research points...my question is...would people do it.

Yes and it's easy to do...

1. reset a line

2. research all the ships with FXP (you can repeat step 1 and 2 as many time as you have FXP) 

3. play each ship one game in co-op to collect all the RB points

4. turn in points for RB ship.... easy 

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles
33 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

I do it on the IJN gunboat DD line. I don't really play those ships, so not having them at any point when they're reset doesn't hurt me like missing any of the lines I grinded to Tier X because I enjoy them would.

Hopefully Paolo Emilio ends up being 2,500 RP or so, since by the time they're done nerfing it, it'll be a Tier III at best.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn

[PHD]
Members
479 posts
18,967 battles
1 hour ago, FrodoFraggin said:

First ever of a nation/class and you’re putting it behind the Research Bureau wall?  :cap_old:

12 minutes ago, TAM_OH said:

Yes and it's easy to do...

1. reset a line

2. research all the ships with FXP (you can repeat step 1 and 2 as many time as you have FXP) 

3. play each ship one game in co-op to collect all the RB points

4. turn in points for RB ship.... easy 

I am currently regrinding the American heavy cruiser line to get Siegfried. On the whole, the ships in the RB are not a game changer and probably not worth the effort. I decided to get Siegfried because it is a large cruiser with accurate battleship caliber guns and torpedoes. After that is complete, this not much in there to be interested in.

[NUWES]
Members
3,843 posts
15,402 battles

It does seem like a strange place to put the first of a line. Has the ship gotten any better? 

[DOG]
Members
1,376 posts
15,988 battles
38 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

Yea I saw the paolo in the notes. It just doesn’t make sense to me. If you are trying to bring out a new line Wouldn’t you want the first ship to be more readily available So you can get data? My only guess is they couldn’t find a way to make her work and that the tech tree line will be vastly different

Oh, yeah.  The tech tree line should be quite different.  The Paolo is really a Capitani Romani class CL, but for some reason WG decided to call it a DD.  It may actually work out in the Paolo's favor when the new commander skills come out, since it will be able to use BFT and AFT (or whatever the new versions of these skills are called).  Other CLs with low caliber guns (Atlanta, Flint, Smolensk, Krasny Krym, Colbert, etc.)  will be screwed (to varying degrees - mostly Atlanta and Flint), since they will only be able to use cruiser skills, which don't include BFT and AFT

[TAZ]
Members
1,083 posts
16 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I do it on the IJN gunboat DD line. I don't really play those ships, so not having them at any point when they're reset doesn't hurt me like missing any of the lines I grinded to Tier X because I enjoy them would.

Hopefully Paolo Emilio ends up being 2,500 RP or so, since by the time they're done nerfing it, it'll be a Tier III at best.

They have stated the price as 43000 research bureau points, THAT is NOT going to change

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles
Just now, Nutaz said:

They have stated the price as 43000 research bureau points, THAT is NOT going to change

We'll just have to see how many times WeeGee pushes her down the stairs before release... Already the whole concept seemed not real viable at high tiers.

[TAZ]
Members
1,083 posts
4 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

We'll just have to see how many times WeeGee pushes her down the stairs before release... Already the whole concept seemed not real viable at high tiers.

The ship will be in the research bureau tomorrow.

• Cool 1

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles

the listed price is in line with Research Bureau  pricing of other ships. The only other RB tier 9, Siegfried, is sold for 47 000.

[TOG]
Members
4,751 posts
33,829 battles
19 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

Oh, yeah.  The tech tree line should be quite different.  The Paolo is really a Capitani Romani class CL, but for some reason WG decided to call it a DD.  It may actually work out in the Paolo's favor when the new commander skills come out, since it will be able to use BFT and AFT (or whatever the new versions of these skills are called).  Other CLs with low caliber guns (Atlanta, Flint, Smolensk, Krasny Krym, Colbert, etc.)  will be screwed (to varying degrees - mostly Atlanta and Flint), since they will only be able to use cruiser skills, which don't include BFT and AFT

A DD that's really a CL. So you have access to the mentioned skills. I think WG is not going to release Flint or Smol since the new CO skills will nerf them . he only way out is to reclassify the CL's as DD's. 

[-1]
Members
907 posts
15,262 battles

There are tons of ships you can get for coal or credits. In fact I already obtained so many that I have no time to play them all. Another RP ship? Oh well--I'll just wait until WG gives it to me for free, maybe in SC, maybe in event. Or maybe WG will invent another way to earn RP and I'll unlock it. Who knows, I'm not in a hurry...

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
1 hour ago, Bill_Halsey said:

A DD that's really a CL. So you have access to the mentioned skills. I think WG is not going to release Flint or Smol since the new CO skills will nerf them . he only way out is to reclassify the CL's as DD's. 

If Flint becomes a DD it better lose radar.

If Smol becomes a DD it better lose heal.

• Meh 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,831 posts
16,869 battles

that ship honestly doesnt sound like itd be worth all the work for all those RB points, its a DD whose gimmick is rushing everyone if it wants to get torps off, the exact opposite of what a DD should be doing at high tier Randoms where just about every cruiser has Radar or Hydro, maybe itll be good in Coop, where bots will more than likely ignore that DD rushing up on it to fire at a ship on the other side of the map

Edited by tcbaker777

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,831 posts
16,869 battles
13 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

If Flint becomes a DD it better lose radar.

i dont think Flint has Radar, i think it gave that up for smoke, Flint honestly gave up little in order to gain alot, Radar and 2 turrets i think is all it gave up in exchange for, longer range torps, smoke, and better AA

Edited by tcbaker777

[WPE-2]
Members
181 posts
1,706 battles

Is it official yolo-emilio for RP ? i took advantage of asymmetric battles and did a few resets so i may be able to get it quickly. 

[CO-OP]
Members
5,183 posts
41,671 battles
10 minutes ago, Stew_Pedastle said:

Is it official yolo-emilio for RP ? i took advantage of asymmetric battles and did a few resets so i may be able to get it quickly. 

Its official:

paolo.thumb.png.7df52a099ae389726cecb149be2264c7.png

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
10,529 posts
1 hour ago, ArtfulNothing_ said:

Wonder how much stuff WG can gate behind RB before they realize it more off putting by the player-base than not. 

:cap_haloween:These guys just never learn do they. 

I am not sure how off putting it really is.  I ran into a whole lotta Ohio's in this ranked.

• Meh 1