Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
marovici

Should Premium Ships be included in Training Room?

Premium ships in Training Room  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Premium Ships to be included in the Training Room?

• Yes
    • No

24 comments in this topic

[1-]
Members
46 posts
11,680 battles

Occasionally I test ships in training rooms.  Currently you can only select the tech tree ships to play against when you do that.  It would be nice to be able to select Premium Ships as well given that there are so many of them in the game.  Any particular reason they are not included?  You would think technically it should not be a big deal to do so.  I would also think people would be interested in having them in the training room, hence the poll.

[KRAK]
Members
1,478 posts
15,952 battles

I have always wanted to take on my Moskva in a training room environment using a training room Stalingrad, just to see from the offensive side how fast I can pound it to 0, then flip the coin, and wreck a BOT driving my Moskva.

Unless I don't understand all the features, the training room only allows you to play against ships you already have. So, no Petro or Nevsky contests for me yet in my personal training room laboratory.

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,179 posts
16,603 battles

That does irritate me a bit.  I would've at least thought they would allow me to use the premium/special ships I currently have as viable targets, but nope.  It would be really nice to be able to setup ALL premium/special as targets/bot opponents if only for kicks.  Obviously exceptions would be ships currently in testing and what-not.

[IMP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
374 posts
5,700 battles

Training mode seems half done, the fact that you can't directly give one team bots with premium ships is quite annoying.

First you have to own the ship yourself, then you must ready up with said ship, then you have to "fill teams symmetrically" for it to appear on either side. I don't know what's the big deal about, you can select any tech tree ship wheter you own it or not, but premiums? nah fam, that's crossing the red line!

Also you can't switch captains when you open up a training room, you have to EXIT THE ROOM to swap captains from one ship to the other. It's silly.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,252 posts
4,766 battles

I voted Yes, but I believe there's much more to the question than a simple Yes/No, among them being technical issues. 

[1-]
Members
46 posts
11,680 battles
18 hours ago, iDuckman said:

I voted Yes, but I believe there's much more to the question than a simple Yes/No, among them being technical issues. 

Can you please elaborate?  I am curious to hear why do you think there may be more to it. 

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,252 posts
4,766 battles
5 hours ago, marovici said:

Can you please elaborate?  I am curious to hear why do you think there may be more to it. 

I don't have evidence either way, but characteristics of ships you don't have may not be in your client. 

IMO premium ships that you *do* have should be available.

Which brings up a question:  Most of the ships played in King of the Sea are premium or special.  KotS is played in Training Rooms.  So how does that work?

Update:  See below.

Edited by iDuckman

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,918 posts
25,163 battles

The mode is half done because when the game shipped it didn't have it.  It was possible with mods.  It was years later when WG officially added Training Room.  After that, nothing else.  Not even improvements.

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,858 battles
9 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The mode is half done because when the game shipped it didn't have it.  It was possible with mods.  It was years later when WG officially added Training Room.  After that, nothing else.  Not even improvements.

The mode is half done because WG hasn't figured out how to monetize it.

• Boring 1

Members
139 posts
2,003 battles
52 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I don't have evidence either way, but characteristics of ships you don't have may not be in your client. 

IMO premium ships that you *do* have should be available.

Which brings up a question:  Most of the ships played in King of the Sea are premium or special.  KotS is played in Training Rooms.  So how does that work?

Pretty sure they are, I mean I don’t have all the tech tree ships but I can still use them in the training room, and there’s mods that will show you every ship in your port, even the in testing and discontinued ones 

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,252 posts
4,766 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Most of the ships played in King of the Sea are premium or special.  KotS is played in Training Rooms.  So how does that work?

A player can bring any ship that he has into a TR.  Bots cannot be selected from the many premiums.  I'd be surprised if it is, but this may have something to do with the nature of bots. 

Edited by iDuckman

[1-]
Members
46 posts
11,680 battles
1 hour ago, Brhinosaurus said:

The mode is half done because WG hasn't figured out how to monetize it.

They update visuals from time to time.  Updating the training room is more or less in the same spirit.  Improving the basic features of the game so that your player base enjoys the game more.  In the long run that is how you continue to make money of your player base.  I mean who wouldn't want to shoot all the shiny premium ships to see how they explode!  

[1-]
Members
46 posts
11,680 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

A player can bring any ship that he has into a TR.  Bots cannot be selected from the many premiums.  I'd be surprised if it is, but this may have something to do with the nature of bots. 

You may be right, there may be technical issues.  Or it just maybe wasn't a priority for WG.  However there are so many premium ships in the game.  I would love to shoot a few premium ones to see if there is anything noteworthy about them.  As of now you would need a friend who has the ship to bring it to the training room for you to do that.  That is not fair to us without wows friends with benefits! :) 

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,252 posts
4,766 battles

WoWS wanted to monetize ship rentals.  That would dictate the lack of premiums in the TR.  Now that they seem to have given that up, changing the TR must be low priority at best.

[DPG]
Members
2,044 posts
10,979 battles

Imagine they release a premium ship that's kind of a stinker.  You're on the fence about making the purchase.  You load up a training room, face off against the premium and realize it isn't worth the money.  That's my guess as to why they aren't included.

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,858 battles
2 hours ago, marovici said:

They update visuals from time to time.  Updating the training room is more or less in the same spirit.  Improving the basic features of the game so that your player base enjoys the game more.  In the long run that is how you continue to make money of your player base.  I mean who wouldn't want to shoot all the shiny premium ships to see how they explode!  

hey, I agree with you completely.  I don't think Wargaming does, though.  Just look at Operations - easily the most interesting part of PvE content, and a welcome change from the grind of the various PvP modes.  And what does WG do with Operations?  Damn near nothing.  They remove the ones that break.  They haven't released a new (non Holiday) one forever.  They don't care about long term "quality of life" improvements.  They care about things that get people spending money immediately, like buying premiums and converting free xp.

[1-]
Members
46 posts
11,680 battles
2 hours ago, Brhinosaurus said:

hey, I agree with you completely.  I don't think Wargaming does, though.  Just look at Operations - easily the most interesting part of PvE content, and a welcome change from the grind of the various PvP modes.  And what does WG do with Operations?  Damn near nothing.  They remove the ones that break.  They haven't released a new (non Holiday) one forever.  They don't care about long term "quality of life" improvements.  They care about things that get people spending money immediately, like buying premiums and converting free xp.

Sadly you are right about the operations.  I liked to do Narai from time to time.  It was a good way to grind and look for inner peace.  Haven't played it much since it was "improved".

[1-]
Members
46 posts
11,680 battles
3 hours ago, Amenhir said:

Imagine they release a premium ship that's kind of a stinker.  You're on the fence about making the purchase.  You load up a training room, face off against the premium and realize it isn't worth the money.  That's my guess as to why they aren't included.

Not sure if this is the best way for them to keep the weak premiums incognito.  With the forums, CCs and etc I imagine the truth would come out, eventually!  

[DPG]
Members
2,044 posts
10,979 battles
1 minute ago, marovici said:

Not sure if this is the best way for them to keep the weak premiums incognito.  With the forums, CCs and etc I imagine the truth would come out, eventually!  

Not everyone follows that information as evidenced by all the surprised people when a clearly posted change "pops" up.

[1-]
Members
46 posts
11,680 battles
4 hours ago, iDuckman said:

WoWS wanted to monetize ship rentals.  That would dictate the lack of premiums in the TR.  Now that they seem to have given that up, changing the TR must be low priority at best.

I forgot about the rentals.  That is a good point.  Perhaps a missed opportunity on wows part.

[1-]
Members
46 posts
11,680 battles
1 minute ago, Amenhir said:

Not everyone follows that information as evidenced by all the surprised people when a clearly posted change "pops" up.

That does happen quite a lot.  However do you think these folks would be spending  a lot of their time in the TR shooting bots?  I would guess probably not.

[DPG]
Members
2,044 posts
10,979 battles
48 minutes ago, marovici said:

That does happen quite a lot.  However do you think these folks would be spending  a lot of their time in the TR shooting bots?  I would guess probably not.

Reading or watching all things WoWS related is a lot different than utilizing in game features.  

Members
98 posts
21 battles
8 hours ago, iDuckman said:

The fact that mods like the Tech Tree mod - which exposes the traits of all ships in the client, even test ships - suggests otherwise.

Sign in to follow this