You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Phasferous

Which Staff is best to contact about being cussed out in chat?

39 comments in this topic

[NG-NS]
Members
561 posts

As the title says, was just cussed out in chat. Which staff member here on the forums should I PM about this? Screenshots have already been taken of the offending user.

It's nice being welcomed back after a long break with being cussed out the wazoo by a angry and pissed off user...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 2

[NG-NS]
Members
561 posts
1 minute ago, SkaerKrow said:

Submit a ticket through the WoWs website.

Thank you. User in question is even the leader of a sizable clan. So maybe they think they are untouchable and can act this way with no repercussions?

Got back to port and the user just let loose with all the foul language. Sure is nice to be treated like garbage in a game.

[WORX]
Members
11,916 posts
19,466 battles
6 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

As the title says, was just cussed out in chat. Which staff member here on the forums should I PM about this? Screenshots have already been taken of the offending user.

It's nice being welcomed back after a long break with being cussed out the wazoo by a angry and pissed off user...

DId you

• Screen shot the offense ?
  • Made a copy of the replay of the offense in question ?
  • Screen shot the person who made the infraction ?

If you did, send a ticket up to CS under rules violation report dept. with all the evidence noted above.

Mind you, I dont know what is said or how blatant the infraction... If it violates the communication clause of the TOS/EULA... WG will take care of it HOWEVER, due to the privacy clause of the said TOS/EULA.. You're not going to know the outcome unless the offender tells you.

GL

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

[NG-NS]
Members
561 posts
5 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

I would just tell my mom or dad.

Sarcasm I take it?

I mean if not that must be nice to be in a community and be okay with toxic and hateful behavior.

4 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

DId you

• Screen shot the offense ?
  • Made a copy of the replay of the offense in question ?
  • Screen shot the person who made the infraction ?

If you did, send a ticket up to CS under rules violation report dept. with all the evidence noted above.

Mind you, I dont know what is said or how blatant the infraction... If it violates the communication clause of the TOS/EULA... WG will take care of it HOWEVER, due to the privacy clause of the said TOS/EULA.. You're not going to know the outcome unless the offender tells you.

GL

Wasn't in a game/match, so replay wouldn't be necessary. Right?

Screenshots, name and the rest has been handled however. And I'll know if he's banded. He's a leader of a clan so it'll be pretty obvious.

Thank you for the advise and heads up. :)

Edited by Phasferous

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,558 posts
25,385 battles
Just now, Phasferous said:

Sarcasm I take it?

I mean if not that must be nice to be in a community and be okay with toxic and hateful behavior.

Its the internet man, sometimes you have to just let stuff slide and not tie yourself in knots of some random strangers bad words

• Cool 2
  • Meh 4

[WORX]
Members
11,916 posts
19,466 battles
1 minute ago, Phasferous said:

Sarcasm I take it?

Wasn't in a game/match, so replay wouldn't be necessary. Right?

Screenshots, name and the rest has been handled however. And I'll know if he's banded. He's a leader of a clan so it'll be pretty obvious.

Thank you for the advise and heads up. :)

Was it in port ???I am thinking it was in game since its the must likely time to get verbaly triggered. Again I dont know what happen so if it wasn't in a match then no replay.

• Cool 1

[NG-NS]
Members
561 posts
Just now, Skuggsja said:

Its the internet man, sometimes you have to just let stuff slide and not tie yourself in knots of some random strangers bad words

Not tied into a knot, unless it's a sailors not then I am not sure how to tie that. Ha ha ha.

And people like this kill off new blood, so I tend to not tolerate such crappy behavior. However since I am without the power to do anything about it, all I can do it pass it onto those who do have the power.

Lifes too short, you know? So best to leave it to those who can dish out the punishment and are the ones being paid to do it. ;)

• Sad 1

[NG-NS]
Members
561 posts
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

Was it in port ???I am thinking it was in game since its the must likely time to get verbaly triggered. Again I dont know what happen so if it wasn't in a match then no replay.

It's all good, and ya. Was in Port. Was post-match. Guy just went off his rocker on me. Gotta wonder why these sort of people play games that will inherently cause them to get so worked up and peeved that they lash out uncontrollably at someone else who did them no actual wrong. Like man, take a chill pill. You know?

[WORX]
Members
11,916 posts
19,466 battles
1 minute ago, Skuggsja said:

Its the internet man,

I disagree. This is not the place for insults against others... I've seen some very nasty and bold verbal interaction, again I dont know what happen here...

To say, "its the internet" to excuse some of the must toxic form of communication... No way man, that is definitely the wrong mindset.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

[SIM]
Members
5,587 posts
9,010 battles
12 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

Got back to port and the user just let loose with all the foul language. Sure is nice to be treated like garbage in a game.

Report them, but try not to let it get to you. Online games are salt mines in general, and 2020 has lots of people on edge. 

• Cool 1

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,558 posts
25,385 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

I disagree. This is not the place for insults against others... I've seen some very nasty and bold verbal interaction, again I dont know what happen here...

To say, "its the internet" to excuse some of the must toxic form of communication... No way man, that is definitely the wrong mindset.

Well to each their own.

• Meh 2

[NG-NS]
Members
561 posts
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

User in question should play [edited]. I came back from there and [edited] Naval and boy oh boy that crap that the Naval section of the community gets is bad. The user who went off on me would fit RIGHT in there. Ha ha ha.

But I agree, that is a excuse and it's how people like the one in question have been allowed to remain still. They get another "Get out of Jail Free" card each time someone gives them a excuse to remain.

[NG-NS]
Members
561 posts
6 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Report them, but try not to let it get to you. Online games are salt mines in general, and 2020 has lots of people on edge. 

It's been so, both in-game and in a ticket.

I've been doing my best to have the rule of thumb of being kind to others, as they could have it worse then I do. So I go with that mindset but I also don't stand for such hate and vile behavior. Being on edge in 2020 is understandable, directing that to someone who doesn't deserve it isn't.

But ya. Hope he gets the ban hammer and this can be another tale of tales in this community.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,570 posts
4,223 battles
13 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

This. Obviously it's not good, but there's no need to bother one of WG staff just because some salty loser called you names. Report, blacklist, screenshot, submit to CS and move on.

10 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

No one's saying it excuses it, obviously that sort of behavior isn't acceptable. But it is the internet, there are a lot of idiots on it, and you will encounter a lot of them. You can't be overreacting (getting forum staff involved isn't warranted here) every time someone gets salty. Report to CS and move on. Obviously there are cases that need to be escalated, but unfortunately the reality is if you want to be online you're going to encounter some nasty people. You can either get worked up over every little thing or you can just ignore most of the stupidity, IMO the latter is the only way to maintain sanity.

• Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
11,916 posts
19,466 battles
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

o one's saying it excuses it, obviously that sort of behavior isn't acceptable. But it is the internet, there are a lot of idiots on it, and you will encounter a lot of them. You can't be overreacting (getting forum staff involved isn't warranted here) every time someone gets salty. Report to CS and move on. Obviously there are cases that need to be escalated, but unfortunately the reality is if you want to be online you're going to encounter some nasty people. You can either get worked up over every little thing or you can just ignore most of the stupidity, IMO the latter is the only way to maintain sanity.

The internet, who cares right...Ah but  this is in game... Like everything else you join, standards are meant to be kept... Every site has regrettably varied standards.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ANZ4C]
Members
208 posts
7,401 battles

Dude...... i mean, i assume you're an adult, and i can guarantee you've definitely shouted obscenities before, tale it on the chin and move on. Words don't hurt.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts

Did you deserve to be cussed at? We are talking about a competitive team game after all?

Not saying you are wrong but did you self reflect and try to understand your teammates feelings?

Did you let them down to an extend where calling you names was the only thing felt right for them to do?

As you said you had a long break, was your play that poor that you deserved a little push in the right direction?

I am not trying to be mean and I respect your feelings but maybe with your play you did more harm then good.

Coop is where people are less passionate about the game, try that for a while when you get back into the swing of things.

Good luck!

Learux

• Meh 2

Members
162 posts
10,934 battles

Which Staff is best to contact about being cussed out in chat?

cussed out in chat

cussed out in chat

cussed out in chat

It's a damn good thing that there are no true sailors or adults playing this kids game.

People need to toughen up FFS.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[JMMAF]
Members
633 posts
8,990 battles
1 hour ago, Phasferous said:

First I would make sure i reach out to:    https://ameriburn.org/public-resources/find-a-burn-center/

Second, seriously?

Third, did you play like trash? Did you warrant the insults? Did you go full potato? If you are just coming back from a break did you consider playing co op?

Those words were so cutting that now your gonna go tell the teacher to get tommys next recess taken away?  Cmon man.

Only time you should be submitting tickets is for RL threats, or people intentionally ruining games by giving away positions.

• Meh 2

Members
3,648 posts
42,267 battles

Send in a ticket and the game replay. The replay is in a folder in the game client if you look in the games portion of your hard drive.

Ask Hapa about technical feedback on events announcements and Spam recipes, Karmat1ka on pokemon sightings and anything to do with animals, and the others are helpful for certain things associated with user interface as most of them play. Some speak various languages, even klingon.

The Devs might sound like they are Vulcan but that might be the translation.

Although some do know English and other languages. Just lay off the slang.

Oh, and no French naughty words. Just because you saw it in a movie doesn't mean you can say it. You can say anything naughty in klingon because it's the rarest of languages.🤣

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman

Alpha Tester
634 posts
16,444 battles
3 hours ago, Phasferous said:

and pissed off user...

I'm offended by your use of water sports in a naval game.

[GWG]
Members
7,283 posts
14,089 battles

Every once and a while, some user gets so angry at the game that they single me out and try to abuse me in chat...  I say 'TRY'...

Seriously folks ??  I've been through Basic Training AND I've been married, so I've been called about everything you can imagine over the years..  and I do my best to keep from laughing.

If the abuser follows me back to port, I either go into another game or log off.  Life is too short to waste on trolls.

But if you are looking to get attention because you have been victimized by whatever.....

Hurt Feelings.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,804 posts
28,063 battles
7 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Or you could just blacklist the player in  question to make it stop right then and there, instead of engaging with the person.