Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArIskandir

Technìcal question about MM distribution

6 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
6,038 posts
4,975 battles

So I looked in the wiki and didn't find info about the MM mechanic that prevents you to be lower tier for over 40% of your matches (after the 20th match iirc). 

Two questions, first: Where can I find solid info on how that balancing is geared?

Second: That "balance" is applied also when Divisioning? And being more specific, does it "account" for your Division matches?

[WORX]
Members
12,050 posts
19,514 battles
17 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

So I looked in the wiki and didn't find info about the MM mechanic that prevents you to be lower tier for over 40% of your matches (after the 20th match iirc). 

Two questions, first: Where can I find solid info on how that balancing is geared?

Second: That "balance" is applied also when Divisioning? And being more specific, does it "account" for your Division matches?

1. The only thing about that was a MM calibration about a year ago... You had to play a tier 8 ship 20 times in order to calibrate the percentage you stated. This info is located at the very bottom of the patch notes  (provided if there are any MM changes).
    • This means, if you haven't played a their 8 since the change, then it will go with the old rules until its calibrated.
  2. Divisional MM info is covered under the web site

I haven't noticed any change to the DIV MM in the patch notes in a long time... So I can say with confidence, what ever you see in the site note above concerning DIVs. Stands, until a patch note changes it..

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Members
6,038 posts
4,975 battles

Summing up, what we know is this...

Spoiler

When matching teams, the algorithm also takes your battle history into account, i.e. the number of battles you've played with ships of the same tier as yours and lower, with ships one or two tiers higher, and where all ships were of the same tier. We also collect separate statistics for each battle type and ship tier you play. After a short calibration period, the matchmaker will ensure that the percentage of battles with ships of the specified tier doesn't exceed the set limits, so as to prevent long series of battles fighting against ships of higher tiers. When a player joins the queue for their next battle, the algorithm takes the player's previous 20 battles into account when assembling their team, thus ensuring that the set limitations are met.

Example: for Tier VIII ships, there's a maximum limit of 40% of battles with ships two tiers higher. If you played Tier VIII ships in your 20 most recent battles, a maximum of eight battles would have included Tier X ships.

So, lets say I play some matches in my T8 in division with a T9. I'm guaranteeing I won't be top tier as long as playing in the Div, so theoretically I'm stacking low tier games. Once I leave the Div, theoretically I should have a higher chance to be top tier... :cap_yes: 

Members
2 posts
1,552 battles
  • The matchmaker doesn't take into account such parameters as the upgrades and modules ..., or a player's combat statistics.

It should!

Edited by lollerpotomus
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,222 posts
4,766 battles
2 minutes ago, lollerpotomus said:
  • The matchmaker doesn't take into account such parameters as the upgrades and modules ..., or a player's combat statistics.

It should!

Oh, let's not go there AGAIN or I'll be forced to post snarky memes.  Beetle asks a reasonable question that hasn't been chewed to death.

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Sign in to follow this