You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dagger1013

Once again, it seems WG doesn't want money.

51 comments in this topic

[LSNB]
Members
200 posts
6,338 battles

I was expecting them to release Florida like Ochakov and Pyotre Bagration, where they were related to an event, but not locked behind it.

Nope. 45k tokens. 20,000 doubloons.

Alrighty WG, I was excited for Florida, willing to even just buy it on release before it was in the Armory for doubloons to use the coupon. But no, try and scalp me for the price of a T8/T9 premium ship for a T7. And that's after completing all the directives.

Edited by dagger1013
  • Cool 6
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,181 posts
18,835 battles

I suspect every ship will eventually be available for acquisition by some other means.  Just gotta wait it out, and be ready when the time comes.

• Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[MHG]
Members
91 posts
4,105 battles

The price strategy is simple really, WG knows that by having a few people pay obscene amounts of money for the boat, they will make more than having many people pay an average amount for it. No doubt it'll release later down the line as a regular T7 Premium. 

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,579 posts
4,223 battles

I'm sure it will be released for doubloons or premium shop eventually.

In the mean time WG is essentially charging a premium to get it now. You can wait for an undisclosed period of time and buy it at the regular price, or buy it now for (probably) more money. And you'll be surprised at the number of people willing to pay a lot more to get it now. Can't really blame WG, if people are willing to spend that money might as well profit off it.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
13,826 posts
2 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Yep they charge what the market will bear. I don't pay extra for early releases but there are obviously plenty who do.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,383 posts
16,264 battles
7 minutes ago, dagger1013 said:

I was expecting them to release Florida like Ochakov and Pyotre Bagration, where they were related to an event, but not locked behind it.

Alrighty WG, I was excited for Florida, willing to even just buy it on release before it was in the Armory for doubloons to use the coupon. But no, try and scalp me for the price of a T8/T9 premium ship for a T7. And that's after completing all the directives.

I'd be inclined to wait until Friday, which is new-ship-in-shop day, and see what awaits. That way you won't be left looking like a complete idiot if they do something sensible like releasing it individually. 

Maybe they figure that if people are going to be insane enough to shovel money/tokens into the pit until the Vermont camo is theirs, might as well toss an event premium in as an incentive.

[OIL-1]
Members
1,291 posts

When I played Archeage, every time they released something new, I could buy it one week later for half price.

I started a discussion, and the consensus was, when you're young, having to wait
for one whole week is an eternity! Gotta have it right now!

[FRR]
Members
820 posts

Wargaming trying to drain more money out of you, but you are firm in your faith of fair price.

25 minutes ago, dagger1013 said:

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,578 posts
21,033 battles

Have the actually said this is the only way Florida will be released? I wouldn't be surprised to also see a regular cash release tbh.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
29 minutes ago, dagger1013 said:

Based on the stats in Supertest, you're not missing much anyway. 

Members
877 posts
6,656 battles
33 minutes ago, Fatalimpulse said:

The price strategy is simple really, WG knows that by having a few people pay obscene amounts of money for the boat, they will make more than having many people pay an average amount for it. No doubt it'll release later down the line as a regular T7 Premium. 

True - how many people will swear that $19.95 is a bargain because it's under $20.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,383 posts
16,264 battles
11 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Based on the stats in Supertest, you're not missing much anyway. 

I thought the stats in Supertest were supposed to be a closed book to the general playerbase.

Who leaked, and how long before they suffer the fate of so many Among Us Impostors? :cap_haloween:

On the bright side, if she ends up sucking she'll be a salutary lesson in why the Americans were right to go with 16-inch for the North Carolinas.

I'm actually glad we have paper ships in this game that range from the subjectively questionable to the objectively bad; in many cases it demonstrates clearly why they were cancelled.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,308 posts
44 minutes ago, z9_ said:

When I played Archeage, every time they released something new, I could buy it one week later for half price.

I started a discussion, and the consensus was, when you're young, having to wait
for one whole week is an eternity! Gotta have it right now!

I got a good price on a 1300 Watt Seasonic Platinum PSU back in.....June.  It still hasn't shipped.  I called the vendor and they apologized profusely.  They said they simply can't get them in stock but they did expect to have it to me in October.  I said that I assume that my original price will be honored?  They said it sure will.

I could buy another one right now for about $40 more but nope. It will get here when it gets here. I am getting old. :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I thought the stats in Supertest were supposed to be a closed book to the general playerbase.

Who leaked, and how long before they suffer the fate of so many Among Us Impostors? :cap_haloween:

On the bright side, if she ends up sucking she'll be a salutary lesson in why the Americans were right to go with 16-inch for the North Carolinas.

I'm actually glad we have paper ships in this game that range from the subjectively questionable to the objectively bad; in many cases it demonstrates clearly why they were cancelled.

The attributes of the ship in "supertesting" as released by WG on the dev blog etc.   

[ARGSY]
Members
22,383 posts
16,264 battles
2 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

The attributes of the ship in "supertesting" as released by WG on the dev blog etc.   

Oh, those stats. Gotcha.

Outer airlock's gonna stay closed for a while, then. Damn. :Smile_trollface:

[INTEL]
Members
3,365 posts
18,381 battles
27 minutes ago, weezal112 said:

I heard they nerfed the Florida anyway. And the Anchorage as well. 

24 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Oh, those stats. Gotcha.

Outer airlock's gonna stay closed for a while, then. Damn. :Smile_trollface:

• Amount of hit points reduced from 63 800 to 51 800;
  • Main battery guns reload time increased from 31.5 to 33.5 s;
  • Maximum HE shell damage lowered from 5 000 to 4 750;
  • Chance of HE shell causing fire lowered from 30% to 22%.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/64

Members
2,440 posts
5,404 battles
1 hour ago, AJTP89 said:

I'm sure it will be released for doubloons or premium shop eventually.

In the mean time WG is essentially charging a premium to get it now. You can wait for an undisclosed period of time and buy it at the regular price, or buy it now for (probably) more money. And you'll be surprised at the number of people willing to pay a lot more to get it now. Can't really blame WG, if people are willing to spend that money might as well profit off it.

Like the people that had Peurto Rico on the first day of dockyard? What was it? Like 350-400$ outright to own it right off the bat. Crazy how people spend money

Edited by Legio_X_

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
5 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Like the people that had Porto Rico on the first day of dockyard? What was it? Like 350-400$ outright to own it right off the bat. Crazy how people spend money

Way too much for a pixel bote that WG would insist we don't even own after spending that money. 

But probably still far more rational than trying to grind out the PR via the dockyard was. 

[A-D-F]
8,308 posts
21 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Way too much for a pixel bote that WG would insist we don't even own after spending that money. 

But probably still far more rational than trying to grind out the PR via the dockyard was. 

There was a middle ground to be had in that crazy event.  I don't remember the exact numbers but I think I got my PR for around $40 and did half the grind.  (The first easy half).

I did a thread on how to do it.  People dog piled me for it, even though the math worked out and I got my PR for half the price of some T9s and a not at all bad grind. 

I agreed that it was not a good event, I was just trying to share what value could actually be taken from it, for the player. All they knew was anger at me for even mentioning that there was a reasonable value in that mess. Whatever. 

• Cool 2

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
604 posts
12,380 battles
14 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Like the people that had Peurto Rico on the first day of dockyard? What was it? Like 350-400$ outright to own it right off the bat. Crazy how people spend money

Why judge how others spend their disposable income.

In your current financial situation it may be crazy for you to spend that much (not saying it is or isn't), but if dude's got that much disposable cash more power to him.

Members
2,440 posts
5,404 battles
9 minutes ago, contag10n said:

Why judge how others spend their disposable income.

In your current financial situation it may be crazy for you to spend that much (not saying it is or isn't), but if dude's got that much disposable cash more power to him.

Actually I can afford anything WG offers, but 300-400$ for a pixel boat would be a hard pill to swallow. I mean a GTX 3080 graphics card is only about 100-200 more and that’s for a top of the line GPU. I like to put things in perspective.

[A-D-F]
8,308 posts
2 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Actually I can afford anything WG offers, but 300-400$ for a pixel boat would be a hard pill to swallow. I mean a GTX 3080 graphics card is only about 100-200 more and that’s for a top of the line GPU. I like to put things in perspective.

Careful about those and wait.  I want one too but some reviews came out yesterday that a lot of the early run third party cards that were sold are having problems with the power filters that were used right next to the GPU chip.  Causing some crashing.

I am sure they will work it with time but, do your research before purchasing.