Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
k_c53

Elite Commander XP "lost"?

6 comments in this topic

[ROTTN]
Members
34 posts
15,122 battles

I assigned one of my Elite (19-point) Commanders to a Class VIII BB while grinding the ship to the next Class. I figured that I might as well make some Elite Cdr. XP as well as needed ship XP. (This works just fine for Premium ships).

I did not accept Cdr. Retraining for this ship. I realized that all trained skills would be completely disabled but I was okay with that as I wished to return the Commander to his assigned ship after "grinding" for the day.

After playing numerous battles with this configuration, I checked to find that my Elite Cdr. XP had not changed. My best guess would be a loss of about 20k to 30k+ Cdr. XP. Annoying but you live and learn...

My question is, what happens to all these lost XP? Does WoWs consider this a form of fine or punishment for not Retraining? Their "accounting" system must have to deal with this misnomer in some way.

Thanks in advance for you help!

Members
1,818 posts
27,082 battles

I suspect the Commander XP was going toward the retraining deficit - not lost, but certainly nothing really gained in the goal you had.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,570 posts
4,223 battles
3 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

I suspect the Commander XP was going toward the retraining deficit - not lost, but certainly nothing really gained in the goal you had.

Yup, this.

Captains earn XP the same way ships do. Usually they accumulate it to get to the next skill point. Once you reach the cap any further XP goes into the general ECXP stash. If you're retraining a captain though the XP they earn goes to retraining them, there's a little bar that shows your progress. For less than 19 pointers they do not gain XP toward the next point during this period. In your case the XP your commander earns is going to retrain him on the new ship. Once he's retrained the XP will again start going into the ECXP pile.

Premium ships of course do not have a retraining penalty, so the captain accumulates XP (or ECXP for 19 points) as normal right away. Unfortunately you've messed up a little bit, as now when you want to move your captain back to their original ship you will have to retrain them again. It pays off to think through what captains you want for what ships and how you will handle line progression, otherwise you end up doing a lot of unnecessary retraining.

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,082 battles
1 hour ago, k_c53 said:

did not accept Cdr. Retraining for this ship.

When you did this the Commander does not earn any commander xp. I have done the same thing and noticed the same thing. 

Lesson learned DON'T DO THAT!

Normal commander training resumes once re-training has been accomplished. If you choose not to retrain he gets no xp toward retraining and thus earns no commander xp at all.

Edited by Mudd_H_F__XX
  • Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,285 posts
26,698 battles
17 minutes ago, Mudd_H_F__XX said:

When you did this the Commander does not earn any commander xp. I have done the same thing and noticed the same thing. 

Lesson learned DON'T DO THAT!

Normal commander training resumes once re-training has been accomplished. If you choose not to retrain he gets no xp toward retraining and thus earns no commander xp at all.

^^This.  You need to activate the re-training.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this