You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FrodoFraggin

Florida doesn’t cost 20000 tokens...

58 comments in this topic

[EQRN]
Members
2,167 posts
19,139 battles

... it effectively costs 45000 :cap_wander_2:  Understand how the system works before plonking down $$$:fish_book:

Edited by FrodoFraggin
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,289 posts
19,958 battles

YOU HAVE TO BUY EVERY BUNDLE BEFORE IT.

Edited by Cit_the_bed

[EQRN]
Members
2,167 posts
19,139 battles
6 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

"Explain.... as you would a child."

You have to “earn” and spend 25k before you are allowed to “earn” and spend 20k on the Florida

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,747 battles

Thanks. I think I'll just wait until it's in the Armory and get it for doubloons.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,424 posts
16,285 battles

Looking at this...

image.thumb.png.74a056f11b5a949c4e1ac3644297e168.png

...it will be interesting to see how many tokens are given out in these missions, and how many the Random Bundles give out (remember that a Tier 8 BB can go for anything up to 13,500 dubs).

If 12,900 are available from the directives, all I would need is 5,100 to pick up the golden camo for Kansas. That and the ship itself are 95% of what I want out of this event, though I'll take the Minnesota as well if the Random Bundles offer it to me up front.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,424 posts
16,285 battles
30 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I would like to thank Wargaming for creating another event that I can safely ignore in its entirety. 

With the Colorado safely reground, I could technically ignore it as well. But getting the Kansas fully specced would save me something like 19 million credits over the life of the ship, and probably another 30M if they offer me the Minnesota in the first bundle (estimates based on hull, module etc. costs of NC and Iowa).

However, the Anchorage Dockyard is still running for the next four weeks and I don't want to let that go, plus there's the Five Epochs campaign to finish - when all that is said and done, playing the directive missions to grab the Mega-Colorado is so little extra there's no point turning it down.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

With the Colorado safely reground, I could technically ignore it as well. But getting the Kansas fully specced would save me something like 19 million credits over the life of the ship, and probably another 30M if they offer me the Minnesota in the first bundle (estimates based on hull, module etc. costs of NC and Iowa).

However, the Anchorage Dockyard is still running for the next four weeks and I don't want to let that go, plus there's the Five Epochs campaign to finish - when all that is said and done, playing the directive missions to grab the Mega-Colorado is so little extra there's no point turning it down.

I have zero interest in the new USN BBs, either.  At least on paper, they're trash-botes. 

• Cool 4

[ARGSY]
Members
22,424 posts
16,285 battles
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I have zero interest in the new USN BBs, either. 

Fair enough - but don't come crying to me if/when Part 2 turns out to have some easy bypass missions for the Kansas, Minnesota and Florida.

Given that we will have to do all four directives to get the Kansas, I don't see any but the most dedicated having Minnesota unlocked and ready to go on Day 1 of full release (unless they pay dubs for it).

Members
3,354 posts
17,120 battles
45 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I would like to thank Wargaming for creating another event that I can safely ignore in its entirety. 

download.jpg.a40ffff49b5ae164f037d60ee6e44681.jpg

• Funny 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Fair enough - but don't come crying to me if/when Part 2 turns out to have some easy bypass missions for the Kansas, Minnesota and Florida.

Given that we will have to do all four directives to get the Kansas, I don't see any but the most dedicated having Minnesota unlocked and ready to go on Day 1 of full release (unless they pay dubs for it).

Why would I care if there are easy bypass missions for those ships, when I'm not interested in those ships?  If nothing changes about those ships from what we've seen on dev blogs, there's no reason to waste time or effort on them.  

Unless you mean something else?  

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,334 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

This! Completely!

44 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

download.jpg.a40ffff49b5ae164f037d60ee6e44681.jpg

... and now I'm hungry .... thanks @STINKWEED_!!

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
3 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

You have to “earn” and spend 25k before you are allowed to “earn” and spend 20k on the Florida

Sounds like another well thought out and flawlessly executed event. What a bargain the supporters of the game have in store for them!:Smile_trollface:

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,323 posts
17,497 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yeah with enough overlap the Kansas is likely to be a no brainer. 

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I have zero interest in the new USN BBs, either.  At least on paper, they're trash-botes. 

Agree. Take a few boatloads of sugar to make lemonade out of these lemons.

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
3 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Thanks. I think I'll just wait until it's in the Armory and get it for doubloons.

If the 45k comment is accurate then I'd be sure to have on some googles the first time you see it's price in the armory. Your eyes might pop out.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,206 posts
4,766 battles
31 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Why, that's only $180 USD.  Were I a whale with a good job, I'd consider it.  At least until they nerf it with a gravedigger shovel (the bat already having been applied).

As a spectator without that hope, I'd say it's WAY too much, even with the included bling.

:cat_bubble:<= cat with bling

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
6 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Why, that's only $180 USD.  Were I a whale with a good job, I'd consider it.  At least until they nerf it with a gravedigger shovel (the bat already having been applied).

As a spectator without that hope, I'd say it's WAY too much, even with the included bling.

:cat_bubble:<= cat with bling

$180. We're I a whale with a good job I'd still consider such a purchase of leased digital rights to a pixel boat, ummm, Shakey?