You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Usedcarjock

Epoch Camo: What Ships Will You Choose?

37 comments in this topic

[-TKS-]
Members
1,264 posts
9,832 battles

This week we will finally be able to unlock our two Epoch camos for tier IX ships of our choice. What two ships are you planning on mounting them on?

For me personally I definitely want Jutland to have a camo. The second will probably be Kitakaze.

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,140 posts
4,171 battles

Not really sure. Seattle was a fun boat, but not one I'll play much now that I have Wooster. Fletcher is awesome, but already has a permanent camo. 

Maybe one of the Russian cruisers will click with me, I'm grinding those lines now. 

[WOLF9]
Members
983 posts
21,595 battles

I have all of the BB, CA, and CL tech tree ships to choose from for these camos.

The only T9 ships I have permanent camos on right now are: Iowa (First T9 I got and loved that ship), and the Soyez (got the Halloween Inferno camo because reasons).

There really aren't a lot of T9 tech tree ships I like that much to have permanent camos.

So I am thinking the next couple of ships I really like - maybe FDG, Izumo, or Alsace.  Not definite yet on these choices.  The others will just use consumable camos from my stockpile.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,105 posts
11,012 battles

I am going to put my T9 camos on ships that are tech tree, historically built, and have tier 10s after them that weren't built, as my love for these ships jades towards ships that were actually built and served, with a few exceptions. I also still have an infernal camo for T9 I haven't used yet. After deep thought, I concluded the ships I was giving these to would be Mogador, Tashkent, and Iowa. I already have Mogador, but I have never slapped the infernal camo on it, because I really wanted to save it for Iowa since I also have a monster camo for North Carolina I pulled from a container. However, now that I think about it, it does seem like a waste of Revolutionary camos I use in the meantime, so I think I will use the infernal camo on Mogador, then earn the Epochs for Iowa and Tashkent.

[POP]
Members
4,744 posts
12,813 battles

For now I'm holding onto them until I find a ship I like enough to put it on. Initially leaning toward some combination of Jutland/Kitakaze/Brindisi if I ever go up the DD lines or when I eventually get up to Brindisi, but I'm not sure. Out of the lines I'm currently grinding and the ships I'm playing and plan on continuing to play, they're either premiums or tech trees that already have a permacamo. Most of the other ones that only get played occasionally during the grind or after won't get much use out of permacamos and I have enough consumable camos to more than cover them.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,161 posts
22,715 battles

Yugumo and Fletcher.

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
602 posts
12,371 battles

Either Uglyloi, Trashcan or Drake as those are the T 9's I will be grinding next.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,213 posts
16,179 battles

Yugumo and Jutland.

I made a terrible mistake giving the Lion a permacamo. I failed to do the research and realize that the Jutland would become a much better boat once I unlocked the B hull, so I gave my T9 Infernal camo from last year's Halloween event to the Lion. The first few battles were good, so I thought why not? Now I am asking myself "Why?" :fish_palm:

Against that, I am just 50K XP away from the Fletcher. Hmm, maybe I should put at least one away against the future.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,190 posts

Alsace & Neptune most likely .... I have and really enjoy both .  Have Jutland but also Daring, so will probably pass on that one.  Don't have Kitikaze yet, but it's my other consideration. 

Think I'm going to be 1 camo short.

• Cool 2

[A-I-M]
Members
3,571 posts
14,437 battles

Kitakaze without a doubt.

The other will be either Brindisi, Sovetsky Soyuz, or perhaps Ibuki.

The difficulty in choosing is that there is no T9 that I would rather reach for, in preference to  its corresponding T10. Except in the case of Kitakaze.

Maybe Iowa, but that would require a buyback, and I have Missouri. But, I don’t detest Montana, so, I’m noncommittal.

It may come down to deciding what I would most likely bring to a T9 Ranked, or Sprint. For that eventuality, I already have Georgia and Jean  Bart - Alaska, too.

Maybe save it for a yet-to-be-determined T9 for grinding to its T10...

Italian Tech Tree T9 BB??? Hmmmmm....

Members
991 posts
1,380 battles

To be fair, got kind of mad when I saw that it was only for tier IXs because I want one for my Isokaze.

Though I might put one on Fletcher.

Edited by black_hull4
  • Haha 1

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,287 posts
19,898 battles

Missouri because I'm sick of looking at the same skin for two years.

And on musashi.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,694 posts
24,985 battles

I dunno.  Kitakaze is a good candidate for me but I don't really play DDs as much.  I mostly do Cruisers and Battleships and the decent ones I have and actually care about already got Perma-Camo.

Probably just going to let it sit in Inventory until something else comes around for the Tier that's worth it.

[F4E]
Members
308 posts
8,777 battles

Iowa and Fletcher -- I already have the Infernal (Raid for the Filth) camo on Buffalo...I really enjoy Iowa and having permacamo will help encourage me to play her just that much more...ditto Fletcher...

[PVE]
Members
1,120 posts
9,545 battles

Lol, I need to upgrade my reading I was only expecting 1 perma camo.

I was debating between Udaloi and Jutland. I might get both now, after I unlock them. T9 is rough because so many of them are lackluster compared to their T10 counterparts.

I could get one for Kitakaze but I haven't played it much because I enjoy Harugumo more. I already have perma camo on the very few T9s enjoyed enough to keep.  

[GLF]
Members
1,071 posts
17,530 battles

FDG.  Saving the other one til theres another tech tree t9 worth using it on.  I still have one of the permanent new years ones that I cant seem to find another t8 worthy of it.  

[TWE]
Members
167 posts
8,229 battles

As if right now, I am doing the Halsey campaign. So, if I had completed the Epoch the first ship to T9 for me anyways would be FdG. Just to note, I don't have any tier 9's at the moment. (Bismarck is less than 20K away)

[ARGSY]
Members
22,213 posts
16,179 battles
1 hour ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Missouri because I'm sick of looking at the same skin for two years.

And on musashi.

You'd put a free T9 permacamo on a premium ship that already has one of the same functionality? Seriously?

• Meh 2