You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
amoncz

Siegfried need buffs as well. Turret traverse worse than BB,

23 comments in this topic

[SOTHS]
Members
92 posts
8,909 battles

rate of fire same as Thunderer, no ice breaker, try to bow tank and you will get citadel, secondaries nerfed to ground.  Petro on other hand....the one invented from thin air....can bow tank Yamato, have 9 crazy guns and radar. Jesus. What a bias.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

Members
1,818 posts
27,119 battles

You saw the stats before you bought. Why must WG change the ship you willingly bought as is?

• Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,329 posts
9,629 battles
41 minutes ago, amoncz said:

rate of fire same as Thunderer, no ice breaker, try to bow tank and you will get citadel, secondaries nerfed to ground.  Petro on other hand....the one invented from thin air....can bow tank Yamato, have 9 crazy guns and radar. Jesus. What a bias.

So why didn't you grind for a Petro, that can bow tank, instead of a KM supercruiser, which can only bow tank 16" guns?

Why would you try to bow-tank in a non-Russian cruiser anyway?

As far as the turret traverse, they're BB turrets, what did you expect?

Edited by Skpstr

[-KIA-]
Members
5,201 posts
13,863 battles
1 hour ago, amoncz said:

rate of fire same as Thunderer

Thunderer fires absurdly fast for a battleship and is the most overpowered ship you can get right now tier for tier.  Comparing Siegfried to Thunderer isn't fair at all if you are looking at balance.

1 hour ago, amoncz said:

no ice breaker, try to bow tank and you will get citadel

If you judge every ship by its ability to bow tank then by that logic Hipper is better than all other Tier 8 CAs despite having everything else terrible.  Siegfried is by no means fragile, it is quite durable but only if you angle it properly, going bow or stern on directly is exactly how you NOT play the ship.

1 hour ago, amoncz said:

secondaries nerfed to ground.

Siegfried never got a nerf at all in testing, she's exactly how she was when she was first announced two years ago.  If you don't believe me go through every devblog and you will not find Siegfried being changed at all.   Agir was the one that got nerfed.  Siegfried's secondaries can still do a number on many ships in the game assuming you build them properly.

1 hour ago, amoncz said:

Petro on other hand....the one invented from thin air....can bow tank Yamato, have 9 crazy guns and radar. Jesus. What a bias.

If you mean crazy guns that have battleship pen yes, and it all means nothing if you angle.  Petropavlovsk cannot overmatch a single ship it sees because it has 220s, ludicrous pen means nothing if you angle.  The radar means little besides telling where a destroyer was because of its short duration and Petropavlovsk cannot make much use of it because of her long reload and bad turret traverse.  You got less than 2 seconds to shoot at someone if you want to squeeze off two salvos on them.  Petropavlovsk while it is able to tank arguably better than Siegfried loses out on accuracy despite it having lower caliber guns.  Siegfried uses cruiser dispersion on 380mm guns while Petropavlovsk uses battleship scaling on cruiser base dispersion on 220mm guns.  At shorter ranges Petropavlovsk might have an advantage but beyond 10 km Siegfried could easily get the upper hand, not counting the fact Siegfried actually overmatches destroyers, and most cruisers it sees, and even some battleships.

Also in the most ironic twist of all, regarding you complaining about Siegfried needing a turret traverse buff.  Petropavlovsk actually has worse traverse than Siegfried at 4.7 degrees/second compared to Siegfried's 5 degrees/second.

Edited by ValkyrWarframe
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,479 posts
14,823 battles

It has battleship class guns but if you want to complain about cruiser turrets with horrid turning take a look at the Pensacola which lost its turret turn buff, which I think it should have kept, in the tier change.

With the Siegfrued or any other super cruiser you treat the turrets like you are a BB but you treat the rest of the ship like any cruiser.

Edited by BrushWolf
  • Cool 1
  • Sad 1

[SCREW]
Members
390 posts
18,191 battles

I think you're talking about the agir, the siegfried is tankier than the Odin and has a secondary range almost as long. And it's a [edited]cruiser. And if you're seriously gonna compare to the petropavlovsk, that ship is broken as [edited]. Nothing should be that strong. It's basically a battleship with all the perks of being a cruiser. Someone seriously screwed up by giving that thing the ok. 

Members
171 posts
5,759 battles

Since when did it become okay to compare ships from different tiers to complain about how the lower tier ship is *surprise surprise* worse than the higher tier ship? Compare Seig to Riga and you get a massively different result.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,279 posts
23,158 battles
6 minutes ago, JimmyTheRealPirate said:

Since when did it become okay to compare ships from different tiers to complain about how the lower tier ship is *surprise surprise* worse than the higher tier ship? Compare Seig to Riga and you get a massively different result.

But why can't my Kuma bow tank Kremlin shells?

Kremlin can bow tank my Kuma shells...& they both start w/K.

Members
1,107 posts
4,792 battles

Really? Siegfried needs buffs?

Siegfried is the king of the Tier IX cruisers, and for good reason

• Functioning turtleback armor scheme that outright prevents citadels from guns up to 240mm in caliber
  • 380mm guns on a cruiser plus god-tier dispersion
  • Torpedoes
  • Decent AA
  • Actually fast for a German cruiser
  • German Hydro

Yes, people say that Alaska is a better ship, but Alaska lacks overmatch AND is less accurate than the Siegfried. 

• Alaska Dispersion 2.05 Sigma on R x 8.4 + 48m 
  • Siegfried Dispersion: 2.05 Sigma on R x 6.9 + 33 

So, uh, buffs? Nope

As for the Petro, well, the Petro has 220mm guns that are practically useless beyond slapping cruisers and battleships at ranges under 12km. Try and use them at longer ranges, and you'll miss more often than not. 

-Shrayes

[CO-OP]
Members
2,305 posts
26,802 battles
58 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

But why can't my Kuma  Kitakami bow tank Kremlin shells?

Kremlin can bow tank my Kuma Kitakami shells...& they both start w/K.

FTFY.

Kitakami is the same hull as the Kuma, with fewer guns.

[PVE]
Members
7,279 posts
23,158 battles
4 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

FTFY.

Kitakami is the same hull as the Kuma, with fewer guns.

Funny because I was considering the Kitakami (which would actually be firing it's torps against the Krem & not suiciding w/it's turrets) when I used the T4 equivalent in my analogy.

I was quoting a comment about OP comparing different tiered ships in his OP...I was just taking that to the extreme (w/out dropping all the way down to T1) w/my analogy.

You missed that aspect by comparing the T10 version of the Kuma to the Kremlin.

Members
499 posts
209 battles
8 hours ago, amoncz said:

So your whole argument for a buff is the grass is greener on the other side.

Try adding some facts.  Amour thickness can be measure.

Turret turn speed can be measured.

By not adding simple facts, your suggestion reads like a RU biased rant rather than an informed suggestion.

As you posted in Game discussion, rather than suggestions, I suppose you meant this as a rant, so have the  :Smile_child:   and  :Smile_sceptic:  as the post deserves both of these.

Edited by Laser_Beam
  • Boring 1

[KERMT]
Members
1,069 posts
14,502 battles
10 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

It has battleship class guns but if you want to complain about cruiser turrets with horrid turning take a look at the Pensacola which lost its turret turn buff, which I think it should have kept, in the tier change.

With the Siegfrued or any other super cruiser you treat the turrets like you are a BB but you treat the rest of the ship like any cruiser.

Come in here looking at the conversation about Siegfreid, watch Pensacola cop all the hate. LOL

Members
713 posts
61 battles

Not 100% on topic, but I'd be curious to better undertsand the logic behind WG releasing 2 German supercruisers at t9, at the same time, instead of than as they have done with the American, Japanese and Russian, a reward (steel, Dockyard, coal) supercruiser at tier 10 with a cheaper version (free xp) at tier 9. 

[WOLF3]
Members
28,780 posts
25,041 battles
2 hours ago, hateboat said:

Not 100% on topic, but I'd be curious to better undertsand the logic behind WG releasing 2 German supercruisers at t9, at the same time, instead of than as they have done with the American, Japanese and Russian, a reward (steel, Dockyard, coal) supercruiser at tier 10 with a cheaper version (free xp) at tier 9. 

IMO, Siegfried is Research Bureau Bait, along with also recently added Slava.  WG has been for a while now trying to get people to do RB, and what better way to do it with BB Slava or Super Cruiser Siegfried.

Agir is a lot easier to get, even straight from the Premium Shop.  Or she can be attained for free.

Frankly I'm satisfied with the idea of Siegfried in Tier IX and not Tier X.  She's still strong in Tier IX and will be even better when she gets to be top tier against dinky Tier VII ships.  Puerto Rico, Yoshino in Tier X, the weakest tier they have to deal with is Tier VIII, and there's still a number of very strong ships there.  For them, the "weakest" is Massachusetts.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,479 posts
14,823 battles
10 hours ago, Salvo_Creative said:

Come in here looking at the conversation about Siegfreid, watch Pensacola cop all the hate. LOL

I was just using the Pensacola as an example of a CA with extremely slow turrets, I have played the Siegfried and had no issues with the turret turn rate.

[JHF]
[JHF]
Members
270 posts
5,019 battles

Nah.  Seems pretty fine to me.  It's a special ship indeed.  Long reload but good secondaries to pepper anything close to you.   Just think of it as a bigger Graf Spee with long secondaries.

[SOTHS]
Members
92 posts
8,909 battles
On 9/27/2020 at 7:46 PM, xTrowax said:

I think you're talking about the agir, the siegfried is tankier than the Odin and has a secondary range almost as long. And it's a [edited]cruiser. And if you're seriously gonna compare to the petropavlovsk, that ship is broken as [edited]. Nothing should be that strong. It's basically a battleship with all the perks of being a cruiser. Someone seriously screwed up by giving that thing the ok. 

Nope, Siegfried is not tankier. It's the same. For sure not more than Odin. Jesus. Just look at ships in port. Secondaries can't be build on Siegfried. You will not be able to get turret traverse plus fire rate and much more at that point. 

[SOTHS]
Members
92 posts
8,909 battles
On 9/27/2020 at 9:47 PM, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Really? Siegfried needs buffs?

Siegfried is the king of the Tier IX cruisers, and for good reason

• Functioning turtleback armor scheme that outright prevents citadels from guns up to 240mm in caliber
  • 380mm guns on a cruiser plus god-tier dispersion
  • Torpedoes
  • Decent AA
  • Actually fast for a German cruiser
  • German Hydro

Yes, people say that Alaska is a better ship, but Alaska lacks overmatch AND is less accurate than the Siegfried. 

• Alaska Dispersion 2.05 Sigma on R x 8.4 + 48m 
  • Siegfried Dispersion: 2.05 Sigma on R x 6.9 + 33 

So, uh, buffs? Nope

As for the Petro, well, the Petro has 220mm guns that are practically useless beyond slapping cruisers and battleships at ranges under 12km. Try and use them at longer ranges, and you'll miss more often than not. 

-Shrayes

Come on...i want Siegfried to be buffed! Reload 20 sec, turret traverse 25, ice breaker. That's all.

Members
1,107 posts
4,792 battles
11 minutes ago, amoncz said:

Come on...i want Siegfried to be buffed! Reload 20 sec, turret traverse 25, ice breaker. That's all.

Might as well make it Tier X at that point.

-Shrayes

Members
499 posts
209 battles
8 hours ago, amoncz said:

ohhh jesus...shut up. You talk like some smart highly educated graduate from Harvard. Russian bias is all over the place. Shut up please. You have 200 battles. What do you know about russian bias? 

I know if I want to put an argument forward reasons like "My brother has a lollypop and I want one too" will most likely result in a smack around the head from my brother as he loses his lollypop.

It's a simple comparative, but I had to make it simple as I need simple people to understand it.

I would like to tell you how you sound, but I'm not going to lower myself to your level.   I will suggest do some research before buying something and THEN complaining it doesn't meet expectations.

Smart people BUY what they want, and be happy in that they made a smart choice.

:Smile_child:

[-KIA-]
Members
5,201 posts
13,863 battles
On 9/30/2020 at 9:31 PM, amoncz said:

Nope, Siegfried is not tankier. It's the same. For sure not more than Odin. Jesus. Just look at ships in port. Secondaries can't be build on Siegfried. You will not be able to get turret traverse plus fire rate and much more at that point. 

As someone with 112 battles and counting in Siegfried and currently as of writing this post the #8 spot on NA according to na.wowsnumbers.com, I disagree with nearly everything you say.  Siegfried is by sheer virtue of having more HP tankier than Odin, not to mention her entire side is immune to anything short of 1/4 pen BB HE unless you're broadside.  Secondaries can easily be built on Siegfried, I've gunned down quite a few ships using them.  If Alaska didn't exist she'd easily be the best T9 cruiser.  It's a player problem not a ship problem, face it.

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

[AK]
Beta Testers
481 posts
14,067 battles

Sorry Siegfreid is an amazing CRUISER. If you bow tank or drive it in the middle of the hailstorm in the first 5 minutes you deserve to die. Middle/end game is where the secondaries start to shine (for me)