Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Litigo_1970

Zeroing out the other team during a Naval Battles attempt

5 comments in this topic

[TSF]
Members
246 posts
12,844 battles

The inter clan competition "Naval Battles" has a number of flaws. One of the biggest is highlighted when the requirement is to obtain more than a specific number of ribbons. It frequently happens that in a particularly good performance, where your team performs so well that the other team's score is reduced to zero in the first 5 minutes,  it is impossible for a player playing a battleship or cruiser to obtain the required number of ribbons. 

This has the counter intuitive result that in some circumstances, the better you play, the less likely you are to be able to obtain the required number of ribbons and earn a star for your team.

I had it happen to me three four times today. Very frustrating.

Poor design.

Edited by Litigo_1970
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,714 posts
5,363 battles

You are working too hard.

Pick ships that produce massive ribbons in a short time.

And yes most games are over when enemy team is erased in a few minutes time. Add more ships. Say 32 vs 32.

Edited by xHeavy

[WOLFG]
Members
31,233 posts
9,589 battles
1 hour ago, Litigo_1970 said:

The inter clan competition "Naval Battles" has a number of flaws. One of the biggest is highlighted when the requirement is to obtain more than a specific number of ribbons. It frequently happens that in a particularly good performance, where your team performs so well that the other team's score is reduced to zero in the first 5 minutes,  it is impossible for a player playing a battleship or cruiser to obtain the required number of ribbons. 

This has the counter intuitive result that in some circumstances, the better you play, the less likely you are to be able to obtain the required number of ribbons and earn a star for your team.

I had it happen to me three four times today. Very frustrating.

Poor design.

Not really a flaw, since it happens to either team.

If you're really trying to do Naval Battles, pick a ship that prints ribbons.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,283 posts
26,676 battles

As others have noted, this is not a flaw.  It is a limitation of the mode.  Four destroyer co-op games end quickly leaving battleships with little to no rewards.  So, much of the time you're at the mercy of MM.  

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,082 battles
3 hours ago, Litigo_1970 said:

it is impossible for a player playing a battleship or cruiser to obtain the required number of ribbons. 

Not if you do it in co op with a good secondary hitting BB like the GK, a fast firing CA/CL or a fast firing DD. You only have 10 tries so choose wisely. 

What I am noticing and liking very much is with a 5 or less member clan you are likely getting pitted vs a clan that doesn't even bother to try. That's an easy win every time.

Sign in to follow this