Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rothgar_57

NA KOTS

24 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,139 posts
4,766 battles

It probably will be. MrConway and Flamu have come out for them (Flamu not quite convinced yet).  The all-Petro meta is doing the convincing.

Each region has its own set of rules.

• Meh 1

[CDOH]
Members
644 posts
7,660 battles

Thanks,

the all Russian meta seems pervasive on EU.   Rule makes sense.  Wonder what will happen in the inter Regional?

[WORX]
Members
11,933 posts
19,479 battles

I think the ship ban system doesn't go far enough IMO...

Lets see what rule/regulation changes WG will implement to enforce diversity in game play, for the next KOTS.

[NH]
Members
0 posts

Yeah the amount of noise about the overrepresentation of Russian ships last time really paid off. I like the ship ban rules. It does mix things up well.

Russian ships aside, there is always one really winning formula no matter what the game. Ive seen this with Magic and Hearthstone where the finalists are all playing the same decks. Totally support strategic bans.

[CDOH]
Members
644 posts
7,660 battles

Petro is to over the top.  It does every role well. Radar, hydro, Rail guns, Extreme pen, 360 turrets and good armor. Cheeky on EU played with 7 Petros and two kremlins.  They just rolled teams for much of the KOTS EU.  They did eventually lose when they spread out to much.

[POP]
Members
4,748 posts
12,813 battles
46 minutes ago, Rothgar_57 said:

Thanks,

the all Russian meta seems pervasive on EU.   Rule makes sense.  Wonder what will happen in the inter Regional?

From the announcements in the KotS discord, the international finals don't do ship bans (besides the normal 'no currently unavailable ships (aka Smol and PR) and no ships added this patch' bans that have been standard since the first season). Based on some of the lineups this season on EU, I know there are people in the EU scene (streamers, some of the WG and KotS people) that are in support of that rule being applied to the other regions, but the current season won't use them on international finals.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
2,085 posts
27,653 battles
53 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I think the ship ban system doesn't go far enough IMO...

Lets see what rule/regulation changes WG will implement to enforce diversity in game play, for the next KOTS.

WG doesn't set up the rules for KOTS....the KOTS admins do.

P.S.  But I wish WG would put in a limitation on the number of each ship you can use in clan battles....I'd like just one or at most two of any specific ship to be allowed.

• Cool 1

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
2,085 posts
27,653 battles
1 hour ago, Rothgar_57 said:

Why can teams Ban a ship type in NA KOTS?  This   was not the case in EU.

Because the EU writes their own rules and NA writes their own rules.  They are just a somewhat different.  And one difference is whether or not ship bans are done.

iirc, the international finals will not have ship bans.

[WORX]
Members
11,933 posts
19,479 battles
50 minutes ago, Merc85 said:

WG doesn't set up the rules for KOTS....the KOTS admins do.

P.S.  But I wish WG would put in a limitation on the number of each ship you can use in clan battles....I'd like just one or at most two of any specific ship to be allowed.

I understand its an independent relationship between KOTS and WG... What I dont believe in the notion, WG dont have any say on the matter... My philosophy is simple.,, 

"If WG has its hand in the cookie jar, at least they have a say in some aspects... Like how many cookies are made (not necessarily at hand at changing  the recipe for the cookies) .."

To suggest KOTS is an absolute independent org in where WG dont have a hand in the crafting or influencing its creation... That is going to be a hard sell to convince me of that.

Edited by Navalpride33

[ATFW]
Beta Testers
64 posts
4,506 battles
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I understand its an independent relationship between KOTS and WG... What I dont believe in the notion that WG dont have any say on the matter... My philosophy is simple.,, 

"If WG has its hand in the cookie jar, at least they have a say in some aspects... Like how many cookies are made (not necessarily at hand at changing  the recipe for the cookies) .."

To suggest KOTS is an absolute independent org in where WG dont have a hand in the crafting or influencing its creation... That is going to be a hard sell to convince of that.

I actually believe that they are very separate.  Simply because you KNOW they would force CVs into it if they had that much pull.  Not that the don't have at least a couple of fingers in the "cookie jar".  I did like that analogy.. 

[WORX]
Members
11,933 posts
19,479 battles
12 minutes ago, alexbennedict said:

I actually believe that they are very separate.  Simply because you KNOW they would force CVs into it if they had that much pull.  Not that the don't have at least a couple of fingers in the "cookie jar

I would like to note (to add to the analogy of the "cookie jar" but not referring to your personal affairs), you can still have your independence but still have a healthy relationship with your parents.. They may suggest things but its still your choice to adapt them, situation..

Do this help a little to solidify the alleged relationship WG has with the KOTS org??? Granted I am only going with what I see and known following the Tourny for 3 years now..

I really hope the organizers adapt my "ghost ship" idea I left for then in their discord.

Edited by Navalpride33

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,046 posts
11,487 battles

I think this rule on NA goes back to supremacy league, they did a ruleset that only allowed so many ships of one nation and set limits of certain ships like Bensons.

Members
705 posts
61 battles

if they ban Petro, teams will simply move to the best alternative (Stalingrad). Rather than out right bans, they need to stipulate something like, a ship [name] can only be represented once, per team. (One Petro per team, one Des Moines)

also, having banned CVs from KOTS, radar has taken over. In BANCV matches on the EU server, the only ship wihout radar was a Kremlin./

Edited by hateboat

[INTEL]
Members
3,364 posts
18,344 battles
2 hours ago, Rothgar_57 said:

Why can teams Ban a ship type in NA KOTS?  This   was not the case in EU.

It mixes up the meta for each battle so that it doesn't stay static across the tournament.  It gives the competitors another dynamic in countering their enemy.

[PVE]
Members
7,270 posts
23,114 battles
2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

I understand its an independent relationship between KOTS and WG... What I dont believe in the notion, WG dont have any say on the matter... My philosophy is simple.,, 

To suggest KOTS is an absolute independent org in where WG dont have a hand in the crafting or influencing its creation... That is going to be a hard sell to convince me of that.

But what if WG tries to enforce their ideas & the coordinators just say...

"Screw you...we set this up...thanx for contributing prizes but if we can't run it the way we want we will just run it on our own & you can make as many rules as you want in your own competition".

The coordinators are under no obligation to WG...why would WG even try to enforce their own rules?

It might just lead to the contests going away & that's less promotion for WG.

[WORX]
Members
11,933 posts
19,479 battles
8 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

"Screw you...we set this up...thanx for contributing prizes but if we can't run it the way we want we will just run it on our own & you can make as many rules as you want in your own competition".

The coordinators are under no obligation to WG...why would WG even try to enforce their own rules?

Its a possible toxic BF/GF relationship and not the one warmly relationship I described...

Though possible, I am more a realist... Que sera sera there Khoas :Smile_bajan2:

Edited by Navalpride33

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
498 posts
14,238 battles

Something to think about. KOTS has shown one thing... Petro needs a nerf. It does too many things too well.

Members
37 posts
208 battles
5 hours ago, Merc85 said:

Because the EU writes their own rules and NA writes their own rules.  They are just a somewhat different.  And one difference is whether or not ship bans are done.

iirc, the international finals will not have ship bans.

Other than and quite rightly CVs. 

• Boring 1

Members
37 posts
208 battles
2 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

WG didn't set up KOTS.  It's still run by the team that originally set it up and it's their rules.  WG just provides prizes and coverage that others will do in any case.

There's a reason KOTS is great and clan battles are complete trash.  WG organises one of them and not the other.

[PVE]
Members
7,270 posts
23,114 battles
8 minutes ago, Carlos_Mendozariquez said:

WG didn't set up KOTS.  It's still run by the team that originally set it up and it's their rules.  WG just provides prizes and coverage that others will do in any case.

There's a reason KOTS is great and clan battles are complete trash.  WG organises one of them and not the other.

I agree...he was suggesting that WG could impose their own rules if they wanted to & I was suggesting that the coordinators are not under any obligation to WG so they could just say no to them.

But at the same time I was suggesting that WG had no reason to try as it's all just free PR for them (virtual prizes they supply excepted).

• Cool 1

Members
37 posts
208 battles
4 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I agree...he was suggesting that WG could impose their own rules if they wanted to & I was suggesting that the coordinators are not under any obligation to WG so they could just say no to them.

But at the same time I was suggesting that WG had no reason to try as it's all just free PR for them (virtual prizes they supply excepted).

Me and comprehension skills are distant relatives I think today.  Absolutely agree.  WG is hampered by their dogged insistence that CV improves gameplay when KOTS clearly shows the opposite is actually true.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
2,085 posts
27,653 battles
16 hours ago, alexbennedict said:

I actually believe that they are very separate.  Simply because you KNOW they would force CVs into it if they had that much pull.  Not that the don't have at least a couple of fingers in the "cookie jar".  I did like that analogy.. 

This for sure!!!

Sign in to follow this