You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
guns_at_last_light

Is this Ranked season toast?

17 comments in this topic

[A-I-M]
Members
3,576 posts
14,473 battles

Maybe it will pick up next week, when, the Five Epochs Task that allows T10 opens up.

That being said, I’ve really had no fire in my belly to play Ranked Battles this season. I’m not an anti-ranked guy at all; I generally play to the point where I can’t progress further, for the steel, but right now I’m undefeated (just 3-0) at rank 10, and just have no inclination to hit the battle button for ranked.

Part of it, for me, is that though this week, Tier 10 offers me no potential for progress in the five Epochs campaign.

But even considering that, I don’t feel torn over not playing ranked. I’m just not wanting to. don’t know why, and I’m disinterested enough to not bother to figure out why.

[--K--]
Members
5,399 posts
18,136 battles

The number of players in Rank and the number of battles played by those players has been decreasing steadily since season 7 of Rank. 
Its probably so bad WG can't ignore it any more hence the announced Rank Rework that I hope works out better than their last Rework. 

So if your aren't playing the peak times for Rank, when ever that maybe, than you'll probably have a long wait for a game. 

[TIMT]
Members
1,113 posts
4,479 battles

I would say the first wave has made it past rank11 to the next league, so they are out of your MM bracket. The amount of potato teams I recently 'enjoyed' would support this. You literally see 40%WR BBs at rank 8 now, so I would say that is why the MM sucks for you now.

For the first part of the season I was pretty zen and made good progress, but now it seems I can't catch a good team or we have people throwing games with weird plays. My luck with CVs has also dropped significantly, the first few days I almost forgot they were part of this season. Now every second game has one and as someone mostly playing Daring this is annoying as hell. With sometimes being the only DD and the abundance of radars these games are no fun. And unfortunately I don't seem to be good enough to save my star as a DD, that always goes to the last ship standing somewhere in the back of the map, or the GK that just rushed into the red team in the first minutes...

This morning I decided to play a few games and made from 7 to 9 in the minimum of games. So sodium levels are rising here...

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,180 posts

I'm only two wins to my intended goal, 12 I believe? Each and every time I am 13.1, I get flapjacked by the team, we lose horribly an there's one person who keeps their start with like 425 dmg. Yes, that bad of a loss. Not me of course. 

I know my own personal problem... I get tired of waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting... last night everyone but me and two DDs were camped behind islands on the circular bullseye map option. One dd, a shima - which for me reminds me so much of Pensacolas... first to battle, first to die - smoked up and soon enough a red DD nuked him with torps. Next the other nearby friendly DD move out, freeing cap up, reds come in and you know the rest of the story. So I just said well, I'm pushing and did. Got my stern handed to me but (and I'm ashamed to admit it) it felt good to be done with that random collection of players. 

Shoot, they were all sunk in about 1 1/2 minutes time after I got taken out. 

Put it all in a can and maybe two people would care. Thing is though, with Clan battles and Ranked Sprint regular Ranked has lost a lot of glitter, don't you feel? 

[PVE]
Members
4,805 posts
21,154 battles
3 hours ago, guns_at_last_light said:

The queue times are pretty substantial at Rank 11, and wait times haven't been improving over the past few days. Are players skipping this season?

image.png.fe26f3910a239a4af669be769304f141.png 

Oh yes, toast on day one, two and eleven.....  As said above, win one and lose 13.......  No thanks.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,517 posts
18,144 battles

I know in regular rank once I get to Rank 10 I stop. I've read other threads where this isn't an uncommon action. It really cuts down on the frustration levels. 

[KERMT]
Members
1,069 posts
14,502 battles

I have a full time job, a relationship, people to catch up with nightly as well a Cat to constantly feed as well as having to sleep and eat and catch up on TV series and other media not to mention exercise. 
You expect too much of some people to dedicate their lives to this game. 
Also playing ranked when the population is less than 6,000 players online means you're playing with the nightly Kiwi and Australian crew, some are good and some are bad.  But the number of players playing ranked is limited. 

shot-20.09.27_17.01.09-0005.jpg

[REVY]
Members
2,564 posts
13,829 battles

I got up to Rank 9 during the week, then ran into the weekend and fell back to 10.

Didn't really feel like trying again during the weekend as the teams were potato-ing hard.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,716 battles

It's a slog. I made it to 8, then fell back to 10. Now I am at 9 and simply dont feel like getting back in. It's just zero fun. T10 is dull dull dull. You can't push or you die -- whereas at T8 many players can recall leading pushes in ships like Mass or Tirp. Where's the fun in island camping and sniping?

Members
32 posts
5,448 battles

I played a few the first day it was open and made it to rank 12 before life got in the way. I usually play in the morning before 9am. If my wait is over 3 minutes I switch to another mode. I literally haven't played since last Friday.

[20CM]
Members
294 posts

Getting stars in rank is like a "job" you work hard, you get it. Lazy, lose it. (usually, not all the time)

I usually play 3 games then break - play 3 games - log off or something.

I always carry my team every rank battle and it kinda bothers me I work my tail off to earn a star in battle while the bottom three players who yolo or afk that earns 0-300 base xp "earns" the same star as me.

This game is not my life, so not getting stressed over getting to rank 1.

World of Warships 9_21_2020 5_27_18 PM.png

Edited by CHAOS_in_the_N1GHT
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[ENDO]
Members
111 posts

Ranked it fun. If you are a troll and throw games just to watch your teammates cry.  For the rest of us who can't just carry our teams to victory it's a punishment. I wish harm and suffering for whomever decided the star system in ranked is a good idea. I am not joking. I hope every ounce of combined anger and suffering finds it way into that person/teams soul and eats them from the inside out like a demonic blood parasite. 

Edited by MBRicochet

[DVYJC]
Members
3,661 posts
8,735 battles

Tier X is not my favorite Tier, but I have been enjoying playing Ranked each day until I lose a star, then I switch to Random if I haven't finished my daily combat missions, then I switch to co-op if possible for open directives. 

After a few of those, I go play some other game, which is awesome.