You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SeaGladius

What’s your best kill steal?

57 comments in this topic

[FRFR]
Members
1,608 posts

This morning, in my Acasta, I overtook a New York who was getting ready to do a drive by on a Kirishima.  I shot all 8 of my single file torps just in front of the New York’s bow, and just managed to catch the tail of the Kirishima with most of them.

Does it count as a kill steal if you do most of the damage?

[SNGNS]
Members
611 posts
7,154 battles
2 minutes ago, SeaGladius said:

This morning, in my Acasta, I overtook a New York who was getting ready to do a drive by on a Kirishima.  I shot all 8 of my single file torps just in front of the New York’s bow, and just managed to catch the tail of the Kirishima with most of them.

nah, killsteal is stealing someone hard earned kill, you did the damage, its your kill.

my best kill steal was a 8 kill game in my mass, where about 5 of the kills where very low health, salvo in the air kill steals from me. i was apologizing profusely...

[WORX]
Members
16,913 posts
22,074 battles

No such thing as kill stealing in WOWS... Those who think "kill stealing" in WOWS is a thing, are people who have the wrong idea or distorted views WOWS being a non "team" game.

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 3

[EF21]
Members
3,354 posts
22,523 battles
10 minutes ago, SeaGladius said:

I once stole one of your kills. That was fun!

• Haha 1

Members
477 posts
10,145 battles

Mine was probably firing an extreme long shot over some islands at something or other just as I got in range.  Only one shell hit, but that killed the target.  It was more of a "well I got nothing better to do, might as well take a shot" deal, rather than an intended kill steal.  I was surprised I hit, and sank the target.

Worse that that?   Does a surprise kill steal against the enemy team count?  Landing that one wonky German shell dispersion shell on a low health friendly cruiser or destroyer in a close in duel with someone else and it kills the friendly ship the enemy had been working over.  Of course the enemy ship was the target, but when you watch one shell go way off target and kill a friendly....you know you are driving a German ship.

• Cool 1

Members
3,190 posts
2,959 battles

There was a G-101 as the last target, about to be killed by a St. Louis(~700 HP), but I rammed my Smith into him instead.

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
5,183 posts
41,687 battles
35 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

No such thing as kill stealing in WOWS... Those who think "kill stealing" in WOWS is a thing, are people who have the wrong idea or distorted views WOWS being a non "team" game.

^^This.  I've sunk ships with single digit hit-points left.  Have had ships I was shooting at with less than 10 HPs left sunk by someone else.  As long as the ship is one the map it is a threat and should be eliminated with extreme prejudice as quickly as possible.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[FRFR]
Members
1,608 posts
45 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I once stole one of your kills. That was fun!

Haha, nice!  Last weekend, between two games, I left three ships with less than 200 HP.  All three kills went to teammates.  Only thing frustrating about it was that I was working on the “Destroy 24 ships” mission in the 5 Epochs campaign.

Members
735 posts
9,849 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

kill stealing is when you did 99% of the damage while being ignored radio calls to focus down the target then some dip crapsaved his last salvo for the kill mail. 

[WORX]
Members
16,913 posts
22,074 battles
On 9/27/2020 at 11:04 AM, Ado1fCarsar said:

kill stealing is when you did 99% of the damage while being ignored radio calls to focus down the target then some dip crapsaved his last salvo for the kill mail. 

Like I stated, it doesn't exist WOWS... It only exist in the minds of the few, who think its a thing (in other words its a psycology issue, rather then a real issue.. Just because its real for a few, doesn't means its real for everyone else)... As long as the red ship in sunk by who ever in our fleet...

Cool

Que sera sera...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 5

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
10,529 posts
4 minutes ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

I don't care who killed the red ship, as long as they killed it.

If you ever see me pointing guns or planes at a ship that I just took down to 400 HP and I am waiting on a reload....shoot the thing!

• Cool 1

[-A-8-]
Members
687 posts
27,667 battles

I prefer to call it kill securing..... like this from a ranked battle this season. I did do around 140k spotting and used hydro to spot torps for the team while dropping smoke to cover low HP team mates to let them get heals off.

unknown.png?width=830&height=466

[BSL]
Members
1,241 posts
22,274 battles

No such thing.  Any kill helps the whole team.  You have removed a certain percentage of the enemy's ability to cause damage.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[-BMV-]
Members
646 posts
25,347 battles

No such thing as kill steal exists here. This isnt Call of Duty. People need to stop spreading that incorrect term on this game.

Members
735 posts
9,849 battles
45 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Like I stated, it doesn't exist WOWS... It only exist in the minds of the few, who think its a thing (in other words its a psycology issue, rather then a real issue.. Just because its real for a few, doesn't means its real for everyone else)... As long as the red ship in sunk by who ever in a team game in our fleet...

Que sera sera...

It doesn’t matter what you say, you are not the authority on the matter.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[-AF-]
1,293 posts
15,802 battles

I'm with the "no such thing as a kill steal" group, just out of being practical. 
Can't take something from someone that they didn't have in the first place.
One player can deny another player from making a killing shot by doing it first, but that's about it.

So to answer the OP's question, I've never had a kill steal let alone a "best one" and haven't ever had a kill stolen from me. :etc_red_button:

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
52,518 battles

It's called a kill steal only if I do it. Because I usually yell : "STEAL!"

Then suddenly, I have a Konosuba moment.👙

But if that actually happens, then the vast majority play commando.😱😱😱😱

For the one with the interesting knickers, I don't know where to send them back.

I am so sorry 😱, really, so sorry 😱😏

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman

[PVE]
Members
137 posts
7,030 battles

I don't believe in kill stealing either but a game I had in my Massachusetts comes to mind.

One of my secondary shells hit and sank a BB while a teammate's full spread of torpedoes was hitting it doing most of the damage.  :Smile_hiding:

[-CFI-]
Members
374 posts
5,172 battles

There is kill stealing. You see it when "kill X number of ships" directives are in force. Someone will hold fire until there is a low health ship in range, and only then fire. And then wait for the next low health ship to show up while ignoring the overall tactical situation. I've seen this far more often in Co-op than in Random, though. It's rather annoying. The last time I saw it, a New York ignored a bot BB that was working him over in secondary range to successively kill three low health targets 15+ km away from him. Two were ships I'd been fighting and done most of the damage to. He lost his ship to the bot BB right next to him. So, yes... it exists, it happens, and it's annoying, but...

... the label gets thrown around too much. Kill stealing is not finishing off a low health target that happens to be the best target for your guns. Especially if it's a dangerous, high-DPM ship. Even on 1 health, it can still shoot, so it needs to be put down ASAP. HE-spamming cruiser? Kill it. Anything with torps that is in torp range? Kill it. Battleship with guns well-suited to overmatching most of your team's armor? Kill it. Kill them all, with no shame.

My most 'pathetic' kill recently was a 213 HP Bayern with an HE salvo from my Iron Duke. In my defense, he had a lot more HP when I fired my guns. He ate a bunch of pens for 10,000ish HP from a New York while my shots were in the air.

[ISLA]
771 posts
15,047 battles
12 hours ago, SeaGladius said:

There is no such thing as stealing a kill.  Its up to every one on your team to put down a red player.