You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
K1ra_Yoshikage

No hope that the Oklahome will ever be a good ship

45 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,716 battles

since she is the reward for the new collection.

And we all know how reward ships ended.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/80

The reward for collecting the sections is the "Wings", "Stars", "Stars and Stripes" patches and 5 expendable "Stars 'n Stripes" camouflages, for the entire collection - Oklahoma with the "Military" permanent camouflage.

• Boring 2

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles

Damn that Shiki camo is nice.

And I think I'm more likely to use the flags I've got from collections then I am Oklahoma.

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
603 posts
12,380 battles

It will be a free premium, so it's destined to be lackluster.

But it offers freemium ship for the FTP crowd and that is a good thing. 

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
5,587 posts
9,012 battles

Graf Spee was decent. Duke of York was only “bad” because the comparable KGV was already one of the most powerful BBs at its tier back then. While the odds are that Oklahoma will be a mediocre to poor ship, it isn’t a guarantee. 

[NONE]
Members
3,757 posts

Whether or not Oklahoma will play well remains to be seen, but I think the perma camo is god-awful.

She belongs in dark gray 5D all over, or better yet the BuShips Measure 1 scheme Arizona has.

@Hapa_Fodder, has Lesta ever considered outright selling or  missions for classic historical camo schemes? I'd put Texas, WV '41, NC, and Massachusetts in Measure 1 in a heartbeat. The Germans and Brits had some pretty classy standard schemes, too.

Edited by Balon_Greyjoy
  • Cool 1

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,261 posts
14,704 battles
25 minutes ago, Balon_Greyjoy said:

Whether or not Oklahoma will play well remains to be seen, but I think the perma camo is god-awful.

She belongs in dark gray 5D all over, or better yet the BuShips Measure 1 scheme Arizona has.

@Hapa_Fodder, has Lesta ever considered outright selling or  missions for classic historical camo schemes? I'd put Texas, WV '41, NC, and Massachusetts in Measure 1 in a heartbeat. The Germans and Brits had some pretty classy standard schemes, too.

Well Lesta wouldn't be the one making that decision.

As for selling historic camo, this has been a comment for some time, typically the base camo that comes with a ship is at least one of their historical camo schemes.

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[NONE]
Members
3,757 posts
14 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Oklahoma looks a lot like Texas. Another T5 premium clone?  What's the difference?

Completely different classes. Look at the gun layouts.

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

Graf Spee was decent. Duke of York was only “bad” because the community complained about its much more unique and interesting cruiser form.

Fixed that one for you.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[NONE]
Members
3,757 posts
32 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

As for selling historic camo, this has been a comment for some time, typically the base camo that comes with a ship is at least one of their historical camo schemes.

-Hapa

OK,  thanks. Add me to the endorsements on the special request chit to the powers that be.

Members
1,268 posts
9,893 battles
54 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Oklahoma looks a lot like Texas. Another T5 premium clone?  What's the difference?

Different classes. 40 second reload. Worse pen than New York.

[IJN]
Members
315 posts
14,765 battles
1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

-Hapa

Can you guys please sell the Bismarck's Baltic Camoflauge the one with the strips on the superstructure? It was only available for the Sam the Cat event. 

• Cool 1

[UN1]
Members
1,293 posts
4,040 battles
1 hour ago, Usedcarjock said:

Different classes. 40 second reload. Worse pen than New York.

They fixed that. 

Keep in mind it's waaaay better armored than the USS NY/TX. 

[SIM]
Members
5,587 posts
9,012 battles
2 hours ago, Akeno017 said:

Fixed that one for you.

The fact that we still haven’t seen a BB hit the game without a heal, even with WG going deep into the gimmick box with other classes, tells you everything that you need to know about the viability of Duke of York’s original incarnation. 

• Cool 1

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles
40 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

The fact that we still haven’t seen a BB hit the game without a heal, even with WG going deep into the gimmick box with other classes, tells you everything that you need to know about the viability of Duke of York’s original incarnation. 

I would more say that a 32mm BritBB was never going to be a good candidate for a heal-less bb.
Compared to say the Amagi which can avoid damage via non-pens on its plating and wiggle a fair amount to dodge.

It was too early a call for a limited time test ( they needed to release it in time for X-mas/NY afterall), more time to figure it out would've likely given reams more insight.

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
6 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

since she is the reward for the new collection.

And we all know how reward ships ended.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/80

The reward for collecting the sections is the "Wings", "Stars", "Stars and Stripes" patches and 5 expendable "Stars 'n Stripes" camouflages, for the entire collection - Oklahoma with the "Military" permanent camouflage.

any ships is good if the captain is able to use her right. 

• Boring 1

[SVF]
Members
1,781 posts
2,335 battles
3 hours ago, Ranari said:

Keep in mind it's waaaay better armored than the USS NY/TX. 

Perhaps wrt the main armor belt you'd be correct.  But the bow/stern/deck plating is 19mm so overall she's as soft as NY/Texas are in-game.

Edited by landcollector

[SALVO]
Members
5,973 posts
4,946 battles
6 hours ago, contag10n said:

But it offers freemium ship for the FTP crowd and that is a good thing. 

It is a very good thing and I'll be happy to have her.

• Cool 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,112 posts
11,047 battles
5 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

New York and Texas were the class before and had worse armor and a 5x2 main battery layout.

Oklahoma was the second ship of the Nevada class which were the very first American standard battleships and had a main battery layout of 3-2-2-3. They were very similar to the following Pennsylvania class (Arizona), but had two fewer guns in the main battery.

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles

Ya know, if its like the texas at all ill enjoy it. I do hope the reload doesnt stay at 40, but who knows, if its free or a mission ship ill use it.

Edited by Princess_Daystar