You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BrushWolf

Imperator Nikolai I

15 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,452 posts
14,821 battles

Not sure if this fits better in Historical or General but I decided on posting this here since it is in the game.

• Cool 4

[-CFI-]
Members
360 posts
3,762 battles
1 hour ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I was hoping someone posted this. I saw it on YouTube a few years back.

That's very impressive, since Drachinifel only posted it 19 hours ago.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,452 posts
14,821 battles
1 hour ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I was hoping someone posted this. I saw it on YouTube a few years back.

he just posted this version.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,768 posts
20,220 battles

Meh, it's not even wearing the Rasputin skin.

fKmbFPG.jpg

• Funny 3
  • Haha 2

[WOLF5]
Members
1,300 posts
10,081 battles

Over so many low tier battles in Coop I believe that I have only seen one of these and that was a couple of years ago.....

[O_O]
Members
6,894 posts
16,526 battles
5 minutes ago, DJC_499 said:

Over so many low tier battles in Coop I believe that I have only seen one of these and that was a couple of years ago.....

Removing OP ships from availability works.  I also rarely see Belfast, Kutuzov, or Gremyashchy.

That rarity, and the legends of how OP they are, often leads to disappointment when a player spends a lot of money on Santa crates in order to acquire one of these ships.  They may well be OP for their tier, but they are not "insta-win, just push play".  These ships still require a good player to be OP.

[WAP]
Beta Testers
324 posts
11,111 battles

I think lack of Nicholai has more to do with all the CVs haunting T4 than overall rarity.  It's AA is laughable even by T4 standards.  Arkansas is even worse with literally 0 AA.

[NBNG]
Beta Testers
1,568 posts
4,588 battles

great video. Tis a shame the ship was never completed. I hate seeing drawings of ships that were almost. So many awesome ships lost to budget cuts, new war, treaties, etc. 

Members
3,641 posts
42,248 battles
7 hours ago, Incomitatus said:

That's very impressive, since Drachinifel only posted it 19 hours ago.

A version of the story was on YouTube, I just can't remember who did it or if it was footage on Wikipedia. When the ship first came out, I looked up the ship and found a few links to check with my search engine.

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

People who have it don't play it because it's like watching paint dry. It's excruciatingly slow at everything and CVs at that tier love to double team it from the opening.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,715 battles
2 hours ago, DJC_499 said:

Last time I brought her to co op, a player, that was one shooted from my red counterpart, call her a sh*** cheating bot.

• Funny 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,715 battles
3 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

People who have it don't play it because it's like watching paint dry. It's excruciatingly slow at everything and CVs at that tier love to double team it from the opening.

Yeah, same reason why my Arkansas start rust away in port. 

It was ok with the old CV, since you had a chance to get a two digit IQ player that deleted their planes, with the rework both are just a XP pinata.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,452 posts
14,821 battles
8 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Removing OP ships from availability works.  I also rarely see Belfast, Kutuzov, or Gremyashchy.

That rarity, and the legends of how OP they are, often leads to disappointment when a player spends a lot of money on Santa crates in order to acquire one of these ships.  They may well be OP for their tier, but they are not "insta-win, just push play".  These ships still require a good player to be OP.

The Imperator Nikolai's reputation was well earned. Going from memory it carried a 54% overall WR when tier 4's still saw tier 6 and it quickly climbed to 60% when they stopped seeing tier 6, it is a beast.