You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
YouSatInGum

Rumor mill on new coal ships...

73 comments in this topic

Members
1,400 posts
11,390 battles

It's about that time where I can pick another coal ship... However....

my only choices are Yoshino or Pommern.  I have everything else (including captains)

I don't play BBs that often...Georgia is port queen for me and Thunderer is one of the few I actually play on occasion...anyway I think Pommern might be a waste for me.

I want to like Yoshino, but it really seems like boat that has difficulty influencing the outcome of battles....especially early battle... I already have Zao, Hindy, Henri, and Hindy for long range HE spamming.

My third option is to wait and see what else comes along.... but what is likely come along??

(BTW - I already have Flint, not interested Necroshimy, but I guess Black is a consideration when probably drops later this year).

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,562 posts
4,223 battles

We don't know for sure, WG usually holds off quite a while on announcing the currency for new ships (I wouldn't be surprised if they don't know themselves until then as it's a marketing rather than balancing thing). 

FDR and Kitakami are currently in testing. No official word on how or when they'll be released, but I'd be surprised if either goes for coal (T10 CV probably not and Kita is so controversial I don't see it just being released for general purchase).

The next batch of ships announced (https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/65) includes Hizen, T9 IJN BB, Plymouth T10 RN CL, and Z-44 T9 KMS DD. Again no clue on currency for any, but chances are one of them will probably be for coal. Now whether you want to wait for that possibility is something you got to decide, I'm just letting you know the possible options.

• Cool 2

[WOLFC]
Members
2,151 posts
10,518 battles
6 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

FDR and Kitakami are currently in testing. No official word on how or when they'll be released, but I'd be surprised if either goes for coal (T10 CV probably not and Kita is so controversial I don't see it just being released for general purchase).

The next ships to be added to the armory for resources are FDR and Paolo Emilio. IIRC, data mining has shown the former available for steel, the latter for research points.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,347 posts
16,933 battles
21 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

my only choices are Yoshino or Pommern.  I have everything else (including captains)

I don't play BBs that often...Georgia is port queen for me and Thunderer is one of the few I actually play on occasion...anyway I think Pommern might be a waste for me.

I want to like Yoshino, but it really seems like boat that has difficulty influencing the outcome of battles....especially early battle... I already have Zao, Hindy, Henri, and Hindy for long range HE spamming.

My third option is to wait and see what else comes along.... but what is likely come along??

(BTW - I already have Flint, not interested Necroshimy, but I guess Black is a consideration when probably drops later this year).

It's about time that Black & Flint are put back in the armory for coal,And current opinion is that Flint,Atlanta were :etc_swear: by the IFHE and stealth firing nerf and now are about to be :etc_swear: over again by BFT,AFT being regulated as DD skills only................................So whilst not going to eliminate Flint completely it's gonna depend on just how they want,I'm certainly interested in forking over a 100.000 k coal for a borked ship in fact it would have to be a lot less than a 100.000 k of coal even before the coupon discount:Smile_sad:Black OTH...........................................................

Members
463 posts
20 battles
9 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

No official announcements have been made, but FDR was datamined in the 0.9.9 patch as a steel ship, and Paolo Emilio as an RB ship.  This seems likely to go ahead in this weeks patch.  I wouldn't expect Kitakami for a long time, it seems to be a pretty huge balance problem atm - it's way too weak yet still unpleasant to play against, so getting it an acceptable state for release will be tough.  Pure speculation here by me, but it wouldn't surprise me if Kitakami was an RB ship to limit availability - free XP and especially coal both seem unlikely resources for her due to the widespread availability this would give the ship.

Pommern was only just released for coal, so we might not see a new one for a couple of patches, but maybe the end of November or December they might release a new one.  What that ship would be we have no idea, but it seems likely to be one of the three ships you mentioned, there's no other ships in testing that really look like coal candidates.

• Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,680 battles
11 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

The next ships to be added to the armory for resources are FDR and Paolo Emilio. IIRC, data mining has shown the former available for steel, .....

Fantastic! Another broken ship handed out to only the best players! Brilliant. Just another reason to avoid T10. 

• Cool 8
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[PHD]
Members
244 posts
7,445 battles
46 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

Pommern is an EXCELLENT BRAWLING battleship and definitely worth the cost. Yoshino is also very good. 

[CO-OP]
Members
2,277 posts
26,674 battles
25 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

It's about time that Black & Flint are put back in the armory for coal,And current opinion is that Flint,Atlanta were :etc_swear: by the IFHE and stealth firing nerf and now are about to be :etc_swear: over again by BFT,AFT being regulated as DD skills only................................So whilst not going to eliminate Flint completely it's gonna depend on just how they want,I'm certainly interested in forking over a 100.000 k coal for a borked ship in fact it would have to be a lot less than a 100.000 k of coal even before the coupon discount:Smile_sad:Black OTH...........................................................

The other steel ship that was removed was the Neustrashimy.  

Members
1,106 posts
12,142 battles
21 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

I’m about to surpass the required amount for purchasing a coal ship.  Don’t even need a coupon, lol.  And I’m saving it for the Neuter.  What the hell is taking that ship so long to show up?  If it did poorly as a steel ship, then how hard is it shift it over to coal?

[POP]
Members
4,744 posts
12,813 battles
8 minutes ago, Airglide2 said:

I’m about to surpass the required amount for purchasing a coal ship.  Don’t even need a coupon, lol.  And I’m saving it for the Neuter.  What the hell is taking that ship so long to show up?  If it did poorly as a steel ship, then how hard is it shift it over to coal?

When it (along with Black and Flint) was pulled, the announcement was it would return no sooner than six months from then for coal. Six months by date would be sometime in the first week of October, but six months by patches would be 9.9 which is releasing this Wednesday. They could be held for longer than six months since that was just a minimum, but the reason it's taking so long for them to show up is because it still hasn't been six months.

• Cool 2

[SBS]
Members
6,123 posts
24 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

When it (along with Black and Flint) was pulled, the announcement was it would return no sooner than six months from then for coal. Six months by date would be sometime in the first week of October, but six months by patches would be 9.9 which is releasing this Wednesday. They could be held for longer than six months since that was just a minimum, but the reason it's taking so long for them to show up is because it still hasn't been six months.

It will be interesting to see how the timing works with coupons.  I think the new coupons come out in mid December.  I hope we get them before that.

Members
1,106 posts
12,142 battles
48 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Well shoot, that’s really soon then!  Hope they haven’t forgetten.

[POP]
Members
4,744 posts
12,813 battles
21 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

It will be interesting to see how the timing works with coupons.  I think the new coupons come out in mid December.  I hope we get them before that.

Assuming they come back this year, I’d expect them to either be at six months (this coming patch), or when the coupon resets in December. Or if it’s the latter, they’ll probably come back the day after the reset so everyone that spends their coupon on day one has to wait or buy at full price. 

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,347 posts
16,933 battles
1 hour ago, HamptonRoads said:

:cap_cool:Ah but it was Flint,Black that were supposed to come back in 6 months n that's just about up:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_trollface:🎃

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,264 posts
2 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Fantastic! Another broken ship handed out to only the best players! Brilliant. Just another reason to avoid T10. 

I am nowhere near the best players.  I think I will have enough steel when it releases.  If not, close to it and soon enough.  I have never purchased a steel ship and have saved all my steel for the day that a CV showed up that would require it.

Collecting steel can be done by anyone, given enough patience and consistency in just playing the game.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,347 posts
16,933 battles
2 hours ago, Taichunger said:

:cap_cool:If your talking about the FDR you might have a case  however if your trying to make a case for the Paolo Emilio being OP I'll have to say present your evidence:Smile_sceptic: That such is the case 

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,680 battles
1 minute ago, shadowsrmine said:

:cap_cool:If your talking about the FDR you might have a case  however if your trying to make a case for the Paolo Emilio being OP I'll have to say present your evidence:Smile_sceptic: That such is the case 

FDR is broken or it wouldnt be a steel ship -- WOWs is run like a high school where the football team gets the best of everything. The fact that Paolo went to the RB tells you everything you need to know about it, if the stats didn't make that obvious. 

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,347 posts
16,933 battles
Just now, Taichunger said:

FDR is broken or it wouldnt be a steel ship -- WOWs is run like a high school where the football team gets the best of everything. The fact that Paolo went to the RB tells you everything you need to know about it, if the stats didn't make that obvious. 

KK that kinda sorta makes sence

[A-D-F]
8,264 posts
19 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

There have been a number of both steel and RB ships that have been no where near "OP".  What you describe isn't reality in all cases.  As a whole, the ships behind those two grind walls are hit and miss, at best.

• Confused 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,680 battles
8 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

There have been a number of both steel and RB ships that have been no where near "OP".  What you describe isn't reality in all cases.  As a whole, the ships behind those two grind walls are hit and miss, at best.

All of the steel ships are powerful and in one way or another, broken. There are no baddies. 

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[A-D-F]
8,264 posts
9 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

All of the steel ships are powerful and in one way or another, broken. There are no baddies. 

:Smile_veryhappy:

• Haha 1

[NMKJT]
Members
2,802 posts
8,041 battles
2 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

I also have my eye on it, though I don't think I have the coal it'll be offered for either way yet.

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles

Seeing as its a rumourmill thread.

What about any ships being potentially removed from the Armory in soonish time?

[X-PN]
Members
603 posts
7,182 battles
5 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

yoshino aint worth it. it's basically a coffin with guns.

Members
445 posts
7,863 battles

Which brings up the interesting question....what about Kitakami?  Dockyard ship?  Steel ship?  Coal ship?  RB?  She's Tier X now...but still basically a Tier IV hull with mass torpedoes.