Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Zollzum

PVE Content forum hidden

20 comments in this topic

Members
9 posts
382 battles

Why can I only see the PVE Content sub forum if I am logged in?

This never used to be the case.

Logged in..

1018153437_loggedin.PNG.3a6a2510dde5fad2407abd38cb6007e2.PNG

Not logged in..

721600343_notloggedin.PNG.672f734fda097d27287b958fcabeddd7.PNG

[WORX]
Members
11,991 posts
19,508 battles

No problems here... I can see the sub forums when I click on it...

Make sure to clear your cache and cookies folder on your browser.

Members
9 posts
382 battles
21 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

No problems here... I can see the sub forums when I click on it...

Make sure to clear your cache and cookies folder on your browser.

100% its not cache/cookie related.

Same issue on multiple browsers for me all of which are cache/cookie cleared.

I can only see the PVE forum if I log in.

Edited by Zollzum

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,313 posts
14,715 battles

We are reviewing some of our security settings. Mainly being, that we want you logged in to view the forums or interact.

-Hapa

• Confused 1
  • Meh 2

[MRCS]
Members
70 posts
3,632 battles
58 minutes ago, Zollzum said:

100% its not cache/cookie related.

Same issue on multiple browsers for me all of which are cache/cookie cleared.

I can only see the PVE forum if I log in.

Yes this is the case with me too, it's been about 4 or 5 days like this.

[SOUP]
Modder
8,825 posts

It should also be noted that Weegee has all but abandoned PVE content anyway, so this seems pretty par for the course to me

• Cool 3
  • Confused 1

[SOUP]
Modder
8,825 posts
Just now, hateboat said:

Indecent things that might make you blush are best hidden away.

...who are you?

There was nothing wrong with the PVE content, they just never expanded upon it. Imagine a whole PVE campaign on the level of Battlestations Pacific, there's a market there that hasn't been tapped for years

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 1

Members
749 posts
61 battles
2 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

...who are you?

none of your business.

2 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

There was nothing wrong with the PVE content, they just never expanded upon it.

WG have consistently expressed embarrassement and disdain for their PVE content, and PVE customers. They surely have their reasons for this.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 4

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
13 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

We are reviewing some of our security settings. Mainly being, that we want you logged in to view the forums or interact.

-Hapa

So the person who just started playing the game and is looking for help on a subject, won't be able to read it unless they take the extra step of logging in. 

And someone who is researching the game to see if they're interested, can't read the forums as part of that hunt for info. 

OK.

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
12,899 posts
26,986 battles

I have stepped away from the forums due to issues with WG and Hapa whom I just can't get along with (frankly he has ruined the forum experience for me). I didn't post I was leaving because I didn't want to be "that guy" who made a big deal out of it. I just had enough of WG in general and Hapa specifically so I left. I did not intend to come back (this soon anyway) but am making an exception to post in this thread. It might get my account banned (wouldn't surprise me) but so be it.

I became aware that the PVE forum was hidden unless logged in earlier today. Apparantly this has been going on now for a bit. What in the bloody hell is going on here? I get asked questions in the game a lot and I refer people to the forums for answers. Have been getting told there is no PVE forum to go look in if I send them there and have also had people ask me if I know what is going on and why it is gone. I didn't know so I asked someone who told me it was a bug. However, someone else got ahold of me and sent me the reason why and it appears that isn't the case but rather it is intentional. 

This has to be the most asinine policy I have ever heard of. 

Whose foolish idea was this and if what you say is actually true why is only the PVE forum hidden from people visiting the site who are not logged in? You can see all the other main forums so why block the PVE one? And if you are not logged in you have never been able to interact. So this is just total nonsense. This seems to be another in a long line of intentional acts in a negative manner against PVE from WG and those who work for them.

People often visit sites for a long time before deciding to join. Many never will but visit the site for information and start playing the game. If you hide the site or parts of it all you do is contribute to guests never joining or starting the game. I can tell you I visited the site for a bit before joining and downloading the game. Posting should be limited to people with accounts but viewing should never be restricted on this type of forum. If you are going to hide parts of it then hide all of it. 

This is the exact kind of thing that has driven me away from this site after being so active on it for close to 4 years.

It is just ridiculous.

To those who sent me in game chats and mentions on the site and such. I am not ignoring you and I apologize for not responding. I just can't take this site right now and those running it. I need a break. Just have had enough. If you want to speak with me feel free to send me a chat through the game port. 

Best of luck to you all and I hope whoever it was that decided hiding forums unless logged in pulls their head out of their butt soon and fixes that.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 12
  • Thanks 1

[USCC]
Members
3,113 posts
14,656 battles
15 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

It should also be noted that Weegee has all but abandoned PVE content anyway, so this seems pretty par for the course to me

:Smile_sad: Sad days ahead.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
13 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I have stepped away from the forums due to issues with WG and Hapa whom I just can't get along with (frankly he has ruined the forum experience for me). I didn't post I was leaving because I didn't want to be "that guy" who made a big deal out of it. I just had enough of WG in general and Hapa specifically so I left. I did not intend to come back (this soon anyway) but am making an exception to post in this thread. It might get my account banned (wouldn't surprise me) but so be it.

I became aware that the PVE forum was hidden unless logged in earlier today. Apparantly this has been going on now for a bit. What in the bloody hell is going on here? I get asked questions in the game a lot and I refer people to the forums for answers. Have been getting told there is no PVE forum to go look in if I send them there and have also had people ask me if I know what is going on and why it is gone. I didn't know so I asked someone who told me it was a bug. However, someone else got ahold of me and sent me the reason why and it appears that isn't the case but rather it is intentional. 

This has to be the most asinine policy I have ever heard of. 

Whose foolish idea was this and if what you say is actually true why is only the PVE forum hidden from people visiting the site who are not logged in? You can see all the other main forums so why block the PVE one? And if you are not logged in you have never been able to interact. So this is just total nonsense. This seems to be another in a long line of intentional acts in a negative manner against PVE from WG and those who work for them.

People often visit sites for a long time before deciding to join. Many never will but visit the site for information and start playing the game. If you hide the site or parts of it all you do is contribute to guests never joining or starting the game. I can tell you I visited the site for a bit before joining and downloading the game. Posting should be limited to people with accounts but viewing should never be restricted on this type of forum. If you are going to hide parts of it then hide all of it. 

This is the exact kind of thing that has driven me away from this site after being so active on it for close to 4 years.

It is just ridiculous.

To those who sent me in game chats and mentions on the site and such. I am not ignoring you and I apologize for not responding. I just can't take this site right now and those running it. I need a break. Just have had enough. If you want to speak with me feel free to send me a chat through the game port. 

Best of luck to you all and I hope whoever it was that decided hiding forums unless logged in pulls their head out of their butt soon and fixes that.

I suspect that it's one or more of the following silly motives:

• Wanting the criticism of the game to not be visible to those who haven't already downloaded and installed and created an account
  • Wanting to make forum bans sting more.
  • The same drive to track users that inspires them to require account linking with other sites for more and more of the "rewards".

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[WOLFG]
Members
11,188 posts
10,423 battles
18 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

People often visit sites for a long time before deciding to join.

This.

• Cool 2

[USCC]
Members
3,113 posts
14,656 battles
16 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I have stepped away from the forums due to issues with WG

So that's why I haven't seen you posting here!!
Was happy to see you in game a few times, but for the life of me couldn't figure out why you stopped posting in the "your best co-op games" thread.
I don't post a lot, never really have compared to many of you, but I'm always here reading, and chime in when I feel I can.
Take care bud, see you in game when we can!

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
22,410 posts
16,285 battles
16 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

Four weeks after they released a permanent campaign in which every task of every mission can be done in co-op, that's the hill you choose to die on?

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 2

[PVE]
Members
4,828 posts
21,205 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Four weeks after they released a permanent campaign in which every task of every mission can be done in co-op, that's the hill you choose to die on?

I suspect there were other reasons our host "threw PVE a bone...."  And, to be honest, the rewards for that Campaign aren't all that compelling to begin with.  Make no mistake, they want PVE gone.  My opinion.  I have 6 combat mission that I can't start or finish.  What does that say?  That they can't combine events because PVE carries less potential value; and yet, there a a lot of Random players whom abandon Randoms and Ranked to work on event requirements......  Sometimes, abandoning PVP for days to accomplish event tasks......   That is not what they seem to want.   And yet, there'd be almost no way for many players to even finish an event without COOP/Scenarios.....    Oh-Kay, now what. 

Angering long standing PVE players, as said above to the point of not participating or spending, does not bode well with the rest of us.  We live in turbulent times and stress is at an all time high.  Getting frustrated by a "game" is counter intuitive.  So, even more players are retiring and on a Walk-About......  This whole situation doesn't make a lick of sense.......   

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[SOUP]
Modder
8,825 posts
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I get my news from their reddit Q&As

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,313 posts
14,715 battles

Folks,

Over the weekend we had a series of attacks on the forums.

Please stop speculating that this is some devious plot, some of your speculation is, to be quite frank a bit outlandish. This change was 100% to make the forums a bit more secure.

If you think for one moment that having to log into a forum using your World of Warships account, which is ALREADY a requirement to post in, is going to drive people away, I'd say you are kind of missing the mark some.

Remember we can see all the numbers that you can't and we look at this data regularly.

Since this conversation was severely diverted from the OP, I'd say it is over.

-Hapa

• Cool 2
  • Meh 3