Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
blimp66

Useless Rewards

32 comments in this topic

Members
54 posts
19,276 battles

I guess it's nice to get free stuff, but...  Just received a few more containers of useless rewards.  "Freedom fighter camo for Montana".  I don't ever plan on owning a Montana.  I tried to find it in my inventory to sell it, but can't see it there.  "Megatron commander for Kurfurst".  I don't ever plan on owning a Kurfurst, and never watched the autobot cartoons.  I'm sure not going to waste time, credit, and signal flags just so I could get these boats and use these "rewards".  This is like when I used to win 50 extra captain slots time after time, and never used them, no matter how invaluable others found them to be.

Why not just stick with more useful rewards, like general-purpose camo which at least I could sell, or general-purpose captains which can be used in any boat?

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 7
  • Meh 5

Members
1,821 posts
27,214 battles

If a goodly number of your base will buy worthless trinkets, why would you offer the good stuff?

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,335 posts

I would take that free camo for the Montana with a smile.  How is WG supposed to know that you don't plan on ever grinding for a ship?

GK is an awesome BB.  You are missing out.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,755 posts
18,502 battles

I would suppose that they are offered to the people who want them and Megatron isn't an Autobot.

• Thanks 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,794 posts
20,305 battles
15 minutes ago, blimp66 said:

Why not just stick with more useful rewards, like general-purpose camo which at least I could sell, or general-purpose captains which can be used in any boat?

Because the game doesn't revolve around you and your ship / nation prejudices, and there are people who do want this particular reward.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[KAG2]
Beta Testers
329 posts
19,377 battles
18 minutes ago, blimp66 said:

I guess it's nice to get free stuff, but...  Just received a few more containers of useless rewards.  "Freedom fighter camo for Montana".  I don't ever plan on owning a Montana.  I tried to find it in my inventory to sell it, but can't see it there.  "Megatron commander for Kurfurst".  I don't ever plan on owning a Kurfurst, and never watched the autobot cartoons.  I'm sure not going to waste time, credit, and signal flags just so I could get these boats and use these "rewards".  This is like when I used to win 50 extra captain slots time after time, and never used them, no matter how invaluable others found them to be.

you can put megatron on another german ship, its not tied to the GK. i dont have the GK and will not have it in the future but i put megatron on another german ship. you just have to retrain the transformer cpts to whatever ship you have them on.  free stuff is free stuff it doesn't revolve around what ships you plan on only playing. its free stuff thats it.

i opened all the free transformers container and didnt get any of the prem camo, so oh well for me.

[_BDA_]
Members
431 posts
6,998 battles
4 minutes ago, WaWingsFan_15 said:

you can put megatron on another german ship, its not tied to the GK. i dont have the GK and will not have it in the future but i put megatron on another german ship. you just have to retrain the transformer cpts to whatever ship you have them on.  free stuff is free stuff it doesn't revolve around what ships you plan on only playing. its free stuff thats it.

i opened all the free transformers container and didnt get any of the prem camo, so oh well for me.

I agree, free is free.  That having been said, but what purpose is a free 3 point captain for a ship you don't possess and you have to retrain to use properly?  Did I miss something and it comes with an additional ability not apparent on the skill tree?  I recently acquired Bumblebee for Gearing in a crate and for a brief instant thought I'd won a ship I didn't own... silly me.

Members
223 posts
7,309 battles
33 minutes ago, SirPent13 said:

Why not stop complaining about getting free stuff just for playing the game? FFS

All kinds of this :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,444 posts
12,402 battles
40 minutes ago, blimp66 said:

could you ask WG if they could give your Montana camo to me then? id be more than happy to take it off your hands, that and the Gearing camo were the 2 i was hoping to get but RNG said "No"

Edited by tcbaker777

Beta Testers
150 posts
17,568 battles
41 minutes ago, blimp66 said:

Here i'm exhausted of general-purpose camo, i mean i have thousands of them and why would i want a general purpose captain anyways?

• Cool 1

Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles
8 minutes ago, michael_zahnle said:

I agree, free is free.  That having been said, but what purpose is a free 3 point captain for a ship you don't possess and you have to retrain to use properly?  Did I miss something and it comes with an additional ability not apparent on the skill tree?  I recently acquired Bumblebee for Gearing in a crate and for a brief instant thought I'd won a ship I didn't own... silly me.

A 3/3  Captain to transfer is 2k Capt. xp , or 200k creds to make it 1k C. xp, not really breaking the bank.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,298 posts
12,739 battles
47 minutes ago, blimp66 said:

I don't ever plan on owning a

you might need to go see your eye doctor again, cuz your a bit short sighted there. no harm, no foul. one day in the future you might happen to have one and its cheaper to load the ship with the resources you got for free than to buy them at that time. 

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,519 posts
18,171 battles

With the captain points rework upcoming I'm not sure what good a 3 point captain will be other than cashing it out. I'm not a transformers guy but got the Optimus Prime and Bumblebee captains plus the Khaba camo, which naturally is a ship I don't have.

If it's free it's for me especially when I get things that didn't cost me money and have value. Plus the free crates were easy to acquire and have other decent rewards in them. 

If it's free, it's for me...I guess : AdviceAnimals

I remember when this happened and people freaked out, so I guess I'm surprised we don't get more of these threads. 

• Cool 1

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles

Im just glad i got the bumblebee commander, two of them actually. But seriously i never planned on going up the russian or french lines and now that im nearing tier 8, 9 and 10 on the german, and american lines i started up all the rest with the exception of japan(For now.)

Getting free perma camo for some of those ships would be a fun thing to look forward too, like i am with the Z-23(Got the perma rat camo).

[_BDA_]
Members
431 posts
6,998 battles
16 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

A 3/3  Captain to transfer is 2k Capt. xp , or 200k creds to make it 1k C. xp, not really breaking the bank.

True, and I can always stick him on a premium ship as is and not pay anything.  Too bad I can't "transform" him into another nationality.

Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles
2 minutes ago, michael_zahnle said:

True, and I can always stick him on a premium ship as is and not pay anything.  Too bad I can't "transform" him into another nationality.

Same, why I stay away from any ship or Capt. that automatically falls into the IJN line, Battlefleet Gothic ships/Capts. is a good example.

I received 2 in containers and I just put them on DD's I don't play, should be like tanks and their Santa crews where you can pick which one you want them to be.

Members
54 posts
19,276 battles
38 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

could you ask WG if they could give your Montana camo to me then? id be more than happy to take it off your hands, that and the Gearing camo were the 2 i was hoping to get but RNG said "No"

I'd wish I could donate the Montana camo to you, at least you could use it.  I'd throw in 50 free captain slots too.  :)     WoWS should consider something like a donation bank, sorta like giving stuff to the salvation army, asking nothing in return.  Then people who could use the stuff could go in and get it for free.

• Cool 1

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,082 battles
1 hour ago, blimp66 said:

Why not just stick with more useful rewards

When they put a Cheese of the Month in the Premium Shop for Gifting you will be first on my list.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,335 posts
1 hour ago, blimp66 said:

I'd wish I could donate the Montana camo to you, at least you could use it.  I'd throw in 50 free captain slots too.  :)     WoWS should consider something like a donation bank, sorta like giving stuff to the salvation army, asking nothing in return.  Then people who could use the stuff could go in and get it for free.

Allowing trading would drastically impact their sales.  Is why they don't do it.  Not to mention that it would open up a WoWs black market.  People "trading" stuff for real money, in a market outside of the game that is against the EULA.

[HMCSH]
Beta Testers
1,639 posts
21,272 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

Because the game doesn't revolve around you and your ship / nation prejudices, and there are people who do want this particular reward.

Well said Lert ...it's amazing the self entitlement.

Guess it would be nice.......Dear Wargaming, this year for Christmas I would like......this, this and that, after all I have been a good boy!

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,794 posts
20,305 battles
6 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

after all I have been a good boy!

I sure haven't, but I'd still like WG to cater to my every whim.

[RLGN]
Members
15,196 posts
26,846 battles
3 hours ago, Burnsy said:

I would take that free camo for the Montana with a smile.  How is WG supposed to know that you don't plan on ever grinding for a ship?

GK is an awesome BB.  You are missing out.

If nothing else, they’re both great in Co-op.

Drew my first three TF containers this morning and got the 3pt Khab captain, (a Decepticon I think?)

Sign in to follow this