Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
goantlers

T10 Tech Tree Cruiser - best economy?

6 comments in this topic

[PENND]
Members
7 posts
5,491 battles

Which tech tree T10 cruiser has the best economy?  Or maybe the question should be - what's the best way to offset the T10 service cost of 180K credits?

At T8 on US CA/CL and German CA lines, only at T7 on Soviet, IJN...  Have enough FXP to skip T9 on a couple of them (or will have soon thanks to my Georgia).   

Used Public Test to try out the various T10's and figured out which ones i like best:

1a - Hindenburg - bigger Hipper (which i enjoyed) with more guns - can play open water - also like the torp option.  Roon sounds like it is fun, but the A-XY turrent thing...
1b - Worcester - very Cleveland like, which is one of my favorites - not just limited to island hugging with the range buffs - need to skip Seattle
2 - Des Moines - range issue, need to hug islands, Baltimore was OK, Buffalo sounds like more of the same.  But the guns/reload were fantastic 
3- Zao - interesting, but slow reload - want a T10 that can spew more stuff (like the Smolensk does to my Bismarck)

Petro/Nevsky are out for now - only at T7 on that line and have to deal with the split.  But they were fun.  RN T5's were horrible - have not spent any time on them sense

So i think i have the ships figured out - now just wondering best way to deal with the economy side of things.  Realize the WOW wants you to spend cash on the premiums (used coal on Georgia) and incentivizes you to do that, just looking for a tech tree workaround.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,329 posts
9,629 battles
8 minutes ago, goantlers said:

So i think i have the ships figured out - now just wondering best way to deal with the economy side of things. 

Best way is to pick the ship you're most comfortable with, and buy a permacamo for it.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,781 posts
20,259 battles
39 minutes ago, goantlers said:

Which tech tree T10 cruiser has the best economy?

The one you do best in.

[GOCRY]
Members
639 posts
54 minutes ago, Lert said:

The one you do best in.

Stole the word outta my mouth.

To elaborate, my favorite T10 cruiser is the Nevsky, and I perform the best in it.  So even though it is the only T10 cruiser I don’t have the permacamo for, I still make money in most of my games

Edited by SeaGladius

[PVE]
Members
7,279 posts
23,158 battles
3 hours ago, goantlers said:

RN T5's were horrible - have not spent any time on them sense

Wait... there's only 1 RN T5 cruiser...the Emerald is a DD (at least if you play it correctly)...

...& If you play it correctly it is the most OP T5 DD in the game.

Just look inside that toolbox for a moment...

Double racks of torps on each side...which can tank out most any BB in it's meta w/just 1 sides worth if you can ambush well enough to get all of them on target (& they single fire btw so you can lead well enough to do that quite often).

Same shells as it's T10 sister Mino (only velocity differs)...& they get that special RN AP pen characteristics (details of which you should look up on wiki as it can describe them better).

Hydro for charging DD smoke & the agility to torp beat & steal that smoke after quick annihilation of the DD allowing you to save your smokes for later...

...& while we're on that subject...that smoke last a loooong time maybe not the DDs smoke you stole...but your own when you use them).

Detection is not much worse than most actual DDs & probably better than a few of the higher tier ones...but you definitely wanna spec into that 4 points for CE... that's standard for the whole line which get all the other aforementioned tools except the double torp racks on each side... those don't show back up until T9 unfortunately...but the T7 Fiji is probably 1 of the most OP ships per tier in the game so there is that to look forward to in your trip to the double racks reappearing at T9 & T10.

& then there's the creme de le creme...the RN heal...how many T5 DDs do you know that have 1 of those...& this 1 prints 1/2 a ship each charge...& they even get to heal up a decent percentage of cit damage.

Despite the smoke making it seem best to camp & shoot from this baby has insane rudder shift when at full speed & can lay smoke for your teammates that you can stay out of & help spot for your team when your DD gets in trouble in a knife fight & needs to smoke up & the Emerald can kite away quite nicely while raining shells fairly accurately & fairly quickly.

Haven't played since the RN CAs arrived but the Emerald is borderline OP when used properly.

Of course it eats cits like a baby on a nipple but that's only if the nipple is stationary...you can actually dodge incoming fire quite easily in the Emerald at top speed...try not to line up for over matches against the big boys though.

Sorry...kinda derailed your T10 thing there. The whole RN CL line is kinda DD interchangeable though so the playstyle from the Emerald to T10 is relevant throughout.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[PENND]
Members
7 posts
5,491 battles

thanks for the feedback.  kind of confirmed what I thought.  No silver bullet on getting those costs down other then camo+signals...

Sign in to follow this