Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fortuna_gunner

Pacific war ships (Chile 1881-1879)

8 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
140 battles

This was a war ocurred in Peruvian (actual Chile) during the war

At least 4 ships was the most important:

From Chile: Esmeralda, Covadonga 

From Peru: Huascar, Independencia

Historical ships 

• Cool 1

[FURIA]
WoWS Community Contributors
2,214 posts
7,062 battles
On 4/27/2021 at 3:54 AM, frankfletcher_1 said:

As someone of Peruvian descent I would pay for a Tier .5 Huascar

I don't think Huascar can enter the game. Is too old.

yet there are plenty of Peruvian ships and designs than can enter the game. My favourite is the cruiser Grau (7provincien).

[C_NT]
Members
967 posts
2,482 battles

I want earlier ships but I think Majestic and late 1890s is absolute limit the ironclad era needs it's own game cause things changed so fast so often. Could incorporate late Age of Sail as gunwise the last few decades of age of sail has more in common with ironclads than ironclads do with the pre dreadnought era onwards. WOWS and it's sisters are set up around the WOT formula and they're really all 20th century game, planes and tanks weren't around in the 19th century so only WOWS is in a position where it doesn't have enough room to expand.  

I do think early 1890s Chile CA's Esmerelda and O Higgins can fit at T1 or T2 as CA's they were pretty good. 2-4 8 inch guns,10-16 6 inch guns, good protection, 22ish knots. O Higgins good comp for USS Olympia.  There's 4 tiers left for armored cruisers since 5 is where treaty starts and think thats enough for most armored cruisers. With BB's Mikasa should have probably been a T1 and I just see no room. Armored cruisers and pre dreadnoughts are the last frontier for this game IMO. 

Edited by Aristotle83
  • Cool 1

[ARX]
[ARX]
Beta Testers
46 posts
3,940 battles
On 7/30/2021 at 9:40 PM, Aristotle83 said:

I want earlier ships but I think Majestic and late 1890s is absolute limit the ironclad era needs it's own game cause things changed so fast so often. Could incorporate late Age of Sail as gunwise the last few decades of age of sail has more in common with ironclads than ironclads do with the pre dreadnought era onwards. WOWS and it's sisters are set up around the WOT formula and they're really all 20th century game, planes and tanks weren't around in the 19th century so only WOWS is in a position where it doesn't have enough room to expand.  

I do think early 1890s Chile CA's Esmerelda and O Higgins can fit at T1 or T2 as CA's they were pretty good. 2-4 8 inch guns,10-16 6 inch guns, good protection, 22ish knots. O Higgins good comp for USS Olympia.  There's 4 tiers left for armored cruisers since 5 is where treaty starts and think thats enough for most armored cruisers. With BB's Mikasa should have probably been a T1 and I just see no room. Armored cruisers and pre dreadnoughts are the last frontier for this game IMO. 

I would love the see the Geisenau/Scharnhorst and  Blucher  for famous Armoured Cruisers.  Gneisenau & Scharnhorst are famous for being part of von Spee's squadron that won the battle of Coronel, while Blucher was infamous for being sunk at Dogger Bank.

• Cool 2

Members
3,115 posts
6,734 battles
On 6/12/2021 at 7:07 AM, Talleyrand said:

I don't think Huascar can enter the game. Is too old.

yet there are plenty of Peruvian ships and designs than can enter the game. My favourite is the cruiser Grau (7provincien).

I wouldn’t oppose a version of the game focused on 1870-1899

[CVA16]
Members
8,557 posts
26,105 battles
50 minutes ago, JohnPJones said:

I wouldn’t oppose a version of the game focused on 1870-1899

Couldn't have that...no CVs or subs (Hunley doesn't count).

Sign in to follow this