You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FloridaPanther25

Dockyard Mission - Receive 28 millon HP of potential damage?

37 comments in this topic

Members
102 posts
15,247 battles

I"m I reading this right; in the dockyard mission it states "Receive 28,000,000 HP of potential damage" (vs Cause). What the hell does that mean - I just park my rig in the middle of the map and just suck up abuse? What am I not understanding? Is this just a Russian programming mixing up words?

• Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
662 posts
14,068 battles

Shells that ricochet and so on. Trick is to stay alive along as possible while people are shooting at you, and you wouldn't get much potential damage if you just sit there. Angle your boat, keep moving. The potential damage will add up.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,303 posts
9,903 battles

potential damage records every instance of ordinance landing within the 700 meter radius around your ship including if they do damage from overpen to a full citadel damage.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,268 posts
6 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

potential damage records every instance of ordinance landing within the 700 meter radius around your ship including if they do damage from overpen to a full citadel damage.

Yepper.  All you have to do is play some BBs and stay alive as long as possible.  So basically just play BBs as normal.

It will add up faster than you think.  It's a really old mission type that is used all the time.  With your number of matches, I am surprised by your surprise.

[A-D-F]
8,268 posts
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

It means if you avg. 1 million PD per match, that is a grind of 28 matches to complete. That is a lot of work IMO

I see these missions as the opposite of "work".  You don't have to actually do something specific or get lucky.  All you have to do is play one of the ships that qualify for the mission and it solves itself.

The only thing that will slow you down, is NOT being shot at. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,100 posts
10,330 battles
3 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Yepper.  All you have to do is play some BBs and stay alive as long as possible.  So basically just play BBs as normal.

It will add up faster than you think.  It's a really old mission type that is used all the time.  With your number of matches, I am surprised by your surprise.

I think it is a cruiser mission though. 

Trying to collect potential damage cruiser is often "risky":Smile_hiding:

• Cool 3

[NMKJT]
Members
2,803 posts
8,047 battles

I just played Stalingrad for that mission, cause I knew tons of people would shoot at her.

Edited by MnemonScarlet

[A-D-F]
8,268 posts
3 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Oh is it?  I am past that part, must have forgot.  Alaska/PR etc, the "super cruisers" are good choices for those mission types.  Just queue up on the tankiest <---that's a word now, cruiser you have.

I do them in coop if I can, the bots will get in range of you fast and start firing away.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,100 posts
10,330 battles
6 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Oh is it?  I am past that part, must have forgot.  Alaska/PR etc, the "super cruisers" are good choices for those mission types.  Just queue up on the tankiest <---that's a word now, cruiser you have.

I do them in coop if I can, the bots will get in range of you fast and start firing away.

I did a previous mission in the Yoshino.  The results were "mixed".

Bismarck's and Alsace's were welcome.  

Yama's, not so much.

[A-D-F]
8,268 posts
10 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I did a previous mission in the Yoshino.  The results were "mixed".

Bismarck's and Alsace's were welcome.  

Yama's, not so much.

Yoshi's guns bring the hurt, she can't much take a hit though.  Kinda of a glass cannon, at least under my control. I do a lot better soaking up the damage with the US big cruisers.

I bet the Siegfried can soak it up pretty well but I don't have it yet.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,100 posts
10,330 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

Yoshi's guns bring the hurt, she can't much take a hit though.  Kinda of a glass cannon, at least under my control. I do a lot better soaking up the damage with the US big cruisers.

I bet the Siegfried can soak it up pretty well but I don't have it yet.

Anything up to 15" you can bounce easy.  16" you have to be careful with your angling.  Above that though..............

Moskva or Stalingrad could probably handle this pretty well.

[A-D-F]
8,268 posts
2 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Anything up to 15" you can bounce easy.  16" you have to be careful with your angling.  Above that though..............

Moskva or Stalingrad could probably handle this pretty well.

That's a good point.  The RU cruisers bows bounce all the things.

[RLGN]
Members
15,143 posts
26,760 battles
9 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Yeah; sure was a blast of bias watching a Musashi shell bounce off a bow-on Chapayev.

About as much fun as trying to collect PD in a cruiser, when you’re not some kind of ‘Ace Ventura; open water shell dodger.’

[CO-OP]
Members
2,284 posts
26,696 battles
46 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

^^This.  Russian or German cruisers.  I found Prinz Eugen also useful, since it is one of the few t-8 cruisers that gets a heal.

[A-D-F]
8,268 posts
18 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Yeah; sure was a blast of bias watching a Musashi shell bounce off a bow-on Chapayev.

About as much fun as trying to collect PD in a cruiser, when you’re not some kind of ‘Ace Ventura; open water shell dodger.’

Like I said, I do these missions in coop.  I setup my filters to get 2-3 of the ships that I plan on using, switch to coop mode, turn on the TV and have some relaxed play going bow on to the bots. Load HE first because the first thing that is going to show up is the DD charging full throttle at me.

Going to win nearly every single time and when I get sunk, exit match, switch to the next ship in my filter, click battle. Doesn't get much more "chill" playing than that and the mission completes itself.

If I happen to have some ships that I am grinding that will also qualify for the mission, I will often choose those instead of the ideal ones.  Two birds with one stone and all that.

[GPORT]
Members
198 posts
12,112 battles

Try doing it when you cannot get loaded into the game untill 2 or 5 minutes go by .......its slim pickins then.....

took me over a week to do just that 1 mission .

Edited by Gafwmn

[A-D-F]
8,268 posts
10 minutes ago, Gafwmn said:

Try doing it when you cannot get loaded into the game untill 2 or 5 minutes go by .......its slim pickins then.....

took me over a week to do just that 1 mission .

Solid state drive.  They are dirt cheap right now, you don't need a top of the line one and it will breathe a completely new life into your computer.  Not to mention load you into the match in seconds.

[GPORT]
Members
198 posts
12,112 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

Solid state drive.  They are dirt cheap right now, you don't need a top of the line one and it will breathe a completely new life into your computer.  Not to mention load you into the match in seconds.

Not when the traffic routing from me to WeeGee has packet loss and ungodly ping time .

Then again it has gotten worse since I was forced to use the launcher and not the old exe.

[A-D-F]
8,268 posts
2 minutes ago, Gafwmn said:

Not when the traffic routing from me to WeeGee has packet loss and ungodly ping time .

Then again it has gotten worse since I was forced to use the launcher and not the old exe.

I would talk to your ISP about that then.  If everyone had to wait that long to get into a match because it was WG's fault, this forum would be covered in threads about it.

Your described experience is not normal.

• Cool 1

[GPORT]
Members
198 posts
12,112 battles

Talked to them last friday.....had a tech call me on sunday. Still waiting on a official call back about it .( the sunday call was a tech on his own time looking at it and asking a few more questions ).

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,710 posts
24,985 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

The only one that does that is Moskva with her ridiculously tall icebreaker bow that looks like a turtleneck.  I don't have Stalingrad, so I can't comment on her.

But all the others, even Petropavlovsk, don't bow tank well.

1.  In general, at high tier they have 25mm bow, which will get CRUSHED by Battleships.  Nevermind the low and mid tier ones like Kirov, Budyonny.  Even Tallinn will get her s**t pushed in.  Don't even try it with Chapayev, Dmitri Donskoi, Schors.

2.  The RU Cruisers with an icebreaker bow not named Moskva have it rather low.  Here is Moskva, Alexander Nevsky, Petropavlovsk.  The other RU Cruisers are much, much worse.  The CL part of the line is terrible for tanking because they follow typical CL armor profiles.  Nevsky for example doesn't have that 50mm deck armor like Moskva and Petro have.

NbUkpi9.jpg

Even before the RU Cruiser Split went Live and I saw some of those WiP videos, I saw some Supertesters try to play Riga, Petropavlovsk like they were playing Moskva with a nose-heavy playstyle.  I watched them eat PENS galore.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway