You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
monpetitloup

2 cv low matches need to stop

30 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
6,897 posts
16,536 battles

CV's are fine.

As long as there is only one per team.

I say restrict CV's to one per team for ALL tiers.

• Cool 1

[O_S_D]
Members
174 posts
17,467 battles
4 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

CV's are fine.

^^This

[1984]
Members
4,456 posts
21,487 battles
21 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

CV's are fine.

I say protect all 0 aa ships from ever seeing cvs. It is absolutely ridiculous that these ships should face a cv for which they have absolutely no defense! There is no reason cvs should get to farm defenseless ships!

Edited by monpetitloup
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Meh 1

[7AES]
Members
2,155 posts
33,303 battles
22 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
2,085 posts
27,627 battles
28 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

CV's are fine.

THIS for sure!!!!

[BEA5T]
Members
482 posts
16,503 battles

I guess I am sitting here wondering why someone with as many battles would care as to what goes on on a regular basis in tier IV matches in the first place.   If you would even venture down to that tier you would think you it would not be a place that you would want to constantly beat yourself on the head over.  

I mean this has not just begun and will continue for sometime.  For many folks hopefully they will not have to endure such "punishment" and quickly move out of those tiers.    I may have tier IV CVs but that does not mean I HAVE TO go there. 

[SALVO]
Members
4,522 posts
20,818 battles
21 minutes ago, Noworriesderpy1 said:

I guess I am sitting here wondering why someone with as many battles would care as to what goes on on a regular basis in tier IV matches in the first place.   If you would even venture down to that tier you would think you it would not be a place that you would want to constantly beat yourself on the head over.  

I mean this has not just begun and will continue for sometime.  For many folks hopefully they will not have to endure such "punishment" and quickly move out of those tiers.    I may have tier IV CVs but that does not mean I HAVE TO go there. 

I think most just wanna play without AA

31 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

I say protect all 0 aa ships from ever seeing cvs. It is absolutely ridiculous that these ships should face a cv for which they have absolutely no defense! There is no reason cvs should get to farm defenseless ships!

Yep its to bad, they really should have started them at T5 at the earliest T6 would be better. I've been saying this for years see where that's gotten us....

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
565 posts
1,531 battles

T4 cvs get free farming in low tiers, but while being up tiered....

48F90CFB-4C41-4AD7-ABEC-43180A1814B7.png

8F7CC528-B870-4F33-8E9D-5BE69F727BB5.png

0CFF3F4B-47B9-48AD-9533-2C1FF85C0E44.png

It’s no fly zones and they suffer.  Very polar

Edited by Boomer625

[DPG]
Members
2,044 posts
10,933 battles

Those are all relatively new players.  The guy you have to worry about is the one that has 3100 battles in the Hosho. 

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
2 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

@Hapa_Fodder

this type of match needs to stop. this ship has 0 aa. this is not fun. you are driving players away. please pass this up so this changes.

image.thumb.png.7d8bef32f9f595b26f7bde7fd57ea463.png

it's t3 they aren't suppose to have aa

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,172 posts
1,454 battles

That's the low tier you are bound to see that more often their also most ships have little to n AA :Smile_hiding:

Members
1,970 posts
52 battles
4 hours ago, Noworriesderpy1 said:

I guess I am sitting here wondering why someone with as many battles would care as to what goes on on a regular basis in tier IV matches in the first place.

- regrind because of RB
- newest campaign which forces you to play low tier ships to complete it
- simple dislike of the high tier meta

To name the few that immediately come to mind.

3 hours ago, Boomer625 said:

T4 cvs get free farming in low tiers, but while being up tiered....

T4 CVs see T5 ships at most due to protected MM. It is only possible for them to see T6 ships if they fail div like in your example.

That said, T4 CVs actually have no issues dealing with T6 ships assuming sufficient player skill. That is because T4 CVs are blatantly overpowered (well, more so than CVs are in general anyway). There are no "no-fly-zones" in this game anymore. It is entirely possible for T4 CVs to get off successful attacks against even T10 ships.

Edited by El2aZeR
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Members
565 posts
1,531 battles
36 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

- regrind because of RB

T4 CVs see T5 ships at most due to protected MM. It is only possible for them to see T6 ships if they fail div like in your example.

That said, T4 CVs actually have no issues dealing with T6 ships assuming sufficient player skill. That is because T4 CVs are blatantly overpowered (well, more so than CVs are in general anyway). There are no "no-fly-zones" in this game anymore. It is entirely possible for T4 CVs to get off successful attacks against even T10 ships.

I will try slinging some t4 planes at a t10 in a training room. Which t10 has the best aa?

[WOLF1]
Members
565 posts
1,531 battles

I have done some aa tests in the past.

Helena vs three t8 Japanese CVs result:

1 sunk Helena

two fully sunk CVs

Around 80 planes downed

Helena vs three Lexington CVs:

1 sunk Helena 

1 sunk CV

around 50-60 planes downed

[O_O]
Members
6,897 posts
16,536 battles
10 hours ago, lordholland4293 said:

it's t3 they aren't suppose to have aa

That's a perfect reason why they shouldn't have to face two CV's per team.

[BEA5T]
Members
482 posts
16,503 battles
12 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

- regrind because of RB

Well I am not buying it hook line and sinker and only commenting on what I see as players that have over 10K games wanting to predominantly stick around in the lower tiers. (Tiers I-IV)  I would think those players with that many games SHOULD have an distinct advantage over the new players with a lot less battles  ( otherwise known as seal clubbing)    

Many of us have been through the regrind but with knowing what has been going on in PVP in tiers III-IV with multiple CVs you would think they would have an idea of 'Other modes that can be utilized".    Co-op has been restricted to single CV for quite sometime and remains so.    Many PVP players use Co-op for Snowflakes  so what is the difference.   Operations can be used for just about anything ( except Naval Battles).     New players may not have the knowledge of "other alternatives" thus have to suffer through the so called pain. 

Now if the complaints are that these "experienced" players are actually in tiers VI and there has been a up tick in the number of times those pitiful tier IV  2 CVs got up-tiered I might be more inclined to understand and appreciate their frustration.

By the way I am all for CVs starting at Tier VI.    Tiers III-IV should not have to face CVs period. 

That being said being this is a free game everyone should be able to play however they chose given they stay within the parameters that have been set by WOWS.

[WOLF1]
Members
6,040 posts
18 hours ago, Noworriesderpy1 said:

I know of at least one shining example (no, I won't give the name), who posts regularly against CVs, and if you go look at their profile on the WoWS website, their top 3 ships are Clemson, Kamikaze, and Izyaslav, with over 1000 games in each.  Pretty obvious why all the posting about Tier IV CVs, once you see that.  They don't like being spotted while seal-clubbing.  :cap_popcorn:

If there were fewer people wanting to play CVs, the one CV per side per game would be possible.  However, WG is not going to make people wait 15 or 20 minutes for a CV slot in a match.  I find it hilarious that people insist that so few play CVs that they're unimportant...but there's enough playing to cause queue dumps to fit two in a lot of the time.  Hmm, something does not compute here.

[ARGSY]
Members
622 posts
10,237 battles

Don't like it but most new CV players are at this level and won't get into games or learn their craft if participation is limited. The compensation factor is that most tier IV CV jocks are not very good. Get a couple of good ones working together and that breaks everything, but that is a rare event. 

[WOLF1]
Members
6,040 posts
17 hours ago, Amenhir said:

Those are all relatively new players.  The guy you have to worry about is the one that has 3100 battles in the Hosho. 

Don't forget the guy in the Clemson or the Kamikaze with 1200 battles in it, who comes posting here about CVs, because he doesn't like being spotted.

Edited by Kesh_Lives

Members
1,970 posts
52 battles
13 hours ago, Boomer625 said:

I will try slinging some t4 planes at a t10 in a training room. Which t10 has the best aa?

Montana currently has the best base AA.

13 hours ago, Boomer625 said:

I have done some aa tests in the past.

I am gonna guess those CVs were bots?

Because bots do not dodge flak which makes any kind of data using them worthless.