Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
cthuhulu

me likey GA (self serving brag post)

9 comments in this topic

[USMC-]
Members
330 posts
8,861 battles

So I finally saved up my coal to get the GA today and managed to have this game as her maiden voyage.

ga4.JPG

ga3.JPG

ga2.JPG

ga.JPG

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[WOLF3]
Members
28,774 posts
25,041 battles

If someone liked to play Battleships they'd have to be stupid to pass Georgia up.  This is one of the most solid Battleships in the game overflowing with features.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[META_]
Members
1,660 posts
17,317 battles
15 minutes ago, cthuhulu said:

So I finally saved up my coal to get the GA today and managed to have this game as her maiden voyage.

ga4.JPG

ga3.JPG

ga2.JPG

ga.JPG

Awesome, congratulations 

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,576 posts
4,223 battles

Georgia is a lot of fun. You just chase people, overmatch them with your big guns while lighting them on fire with your secondaries. It's hard to go wrong with 40knts of big fast shooting guns with two Atlanta's strapped on for extra fun.

That said, I've been playing Thunderer a good bit recently (just bought it) and oh boy is that ship a terror. Oh you're angling? How about 10K worth of HE damage and two fires? Oh now you're trying to turn and run? Eat laser accurate 18" AP, oh dear he's dead:Smile_Default:

I'm thinking fast reloading super accurate 18" guns might be a bit much....

[RLGN]
Members
15,161 posts
26,798 battles
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

If someone liked to play Battleships they'd have to be stupid to pass Georgia up.  This is one of the most solid Battleships in the game overflowing with features.

Maybe if I understood them I’d play it more. (Prior to getting the anniversary gift crates, I don’t think I’ve played Georgia since the last x-flake event... New Year’s 2020?)

Despite its speed; to me Georgia is nothing more than another battleship that gets seen by an unseen destroyer, long before it can ever reach the mythical flank position.

20 minutes ago, cthuhulu said:

Maybe I’m Debby Downer, but good job in any case.

Members
3,887 posts
14,013 battles
4 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Despite its speed; to me Georgia is nothing more than another battleship that gets seen by an unseen destroyer, long before it can ever reach the mythical flank position.

That's like every BB and cruiser. lol

[WOLF3]
Members
28,774 posts
25,041 battles
20 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

That's like every BB and cruiser. lol

Pretty much.

There are very stealthy Cruisers around 9km with Stealth Build but they'll still get outspotted by DDs.

[ARGSY]
Members
635 posts
10,272 battles

Got it last week and am a little timid as I am not sure what I am doing. Not the best win rate. Any advice will help.  Got the Thunderer and like her. She is easy to play and forgiving. Not a BB guy at all so it is a big bit for me to take them into tier X. But I got her and want to do well with her.

Sign in to follow this