You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
sgtrog10

Tier 6 Choice

17 comments in this topic

[META_]
Members
1,660 posts
17,317 battles
27 minutes ago, sgtrog10 said:

What is a better T6 choice  Warspite or Dunkurque?

Ones a super slow battle wagon ones a all guns forward bow tanker....are you dead set on these 2?

[VORTX]
Members
472 posts
6,844 battles

Completely different ships. My personal choice is Dunk. I've had a lot of fun it it. Fast, mobile, a little squishy. Warspite is slow, agile, with strong guns. Warspite is probably the better ship, but Dunk is my choice for the funner ship to play.

[NFA]
Members
41 posts
3,805 battles

I would strongly recommend Mutsu over either of those two, she has torpedoes and 16 inch guns. But between the two I would go for Dunkerque, she costs less money and shes fun to play. Stay away from P. E. Friedrich...

[DRAC0]
Members
21 posts
2,000 battles

I personally prefer the Warspite... slower but more armored, higher shell arc and slower shells but good HE as well, plus the premium camo gives her 30% increased credits.  That said, I do just as well in the Dunk, but it's a much different ship.  Guns all forward, paper armor, but good shell velocity and better AP.  For fun, I'd go Dunk, for better stats and credits, Warspite hands down.

• Cool 1

[BIER]
Members
463 posts
7,417 battles
On 10/5/2020 at 3:58 PM, jo_jo_nerd said:

I would strongly recommend Mutsu over either of those two, she has torpedoes and 16 inch guns. But between the two I would go for Dunkerque, she costs less money and shes fun to play. Stay away from P. E. Friedrich...

Dude, I love me my PEF.  Of course, I got it for free.... :-)

But it's the shiznit for racking up secondary hits when you need them for a mission.  Plus, it's a fabulously reliable CoOp ship and Operations ship.  Better than the Bayern, and, IMHO better than any other T6 BB in those areas.

It's a mediocre Random Battle player, though.  

[ALL41]
[ALL41]
Members
38 posts
9,478 battles

Dunkerque is more fun IMO.  I certainly average more damage in it than Warspite...almost twice as much.  But that may be due to my particular playstyle.  Richelieu and Jean Bart are also in my shortlist of favorite BBs.

[WOLF3]
Members
449 posts
11,268 battles

I’m more worried about a warspite and it’s good guns that hit thier target and overmatch than a sloppy dunq. When is Dunkirk angles up I switch to HE and burn it to the keel easy to counter.

Edited by Drifter_X

[WOLF3]
Members
449 posts
11,268 battles
On 10/9/2020 at 5:28 PM, GilHooverII said:

Dunkerque is more fun IMO.  I certainly average more damage in it than Warspite...almost twice as much.  But that may be due to my particular playstyle.  Richelieu and Jean Bart are also in my shortlist of favorite BBs.

I guess I could be biased.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,794 posts
25,049 battles

Warspite is vastly superior.  Her guns are accurate and her AP is marvelous in this tier.  She has a good Repair Party also.

Every time Tier VI Ranked rolls around, Warspite is among the top performing ships.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,665 posts
8,747 battles

Warspite is better, but undoubtedly there are idiosyncratic people who will prefer Dunkerque. I prefer Dunkerque in operations, personally, but Warspite is better in Random and Ranked formats.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn

[WOLF3]
Members
28,794 posts
25,049 battles

There are 2 things Dunkerkque has going for her:

1.  Great speed for the tier.

2.  Fantastic Shells

Point 2 however is negated by having awful accuracy for her 8 guns.  Those guns alone have let me down so much that I stopped using this ship long ago.

[CZS]
Beta Testers
44 posts
11,702 battles

yep Warspite is a fine BB ,  and is the envy of the whole civilized world.

Dunkerque is a good ship in some respects  , main guns are decent enough. Dunkerque is a good at hunting cruisers.

BUT

its secondary guns are a bit on the weak side against surface targets,,they just do not do much in the way if significant damage , sure you might lucky sometimes start a fire , or get the coup de gras shots on a DD with them.

AA is not much better , but still better than some ships.

and it catches fire if the enemy so much as points their guns at it.  Dunk luvs to BURN.

DO NOT try to brawl with BBs if possible , it can be done but avoid if possible . 

[GRETA]
Members
1,266 posts
10,137 battles

If you have not considered it yet I would recommend taking a look at the P.E. Friedeich if you enjoy brawling at all.  The proposed captain rework has the potential to turn her into a real monster.  If you want to slap battleships around from distance the West Virginia 1941 has been surprisingly good.

Edited by HallaSnackbar