You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Usedcarjock

Oklahoma: A Worse New York?

63 comments in this topic

[_TKS_]
Members
1,268 posts
9,928 battles

Why is she getting a 40 second reload? She already has horrid penetration, she already has low speed. She is WORSE than the New York, and that is an achievement in it of itself. Now we don’t know the accuracy of the guns just yet, but as is the ship in my opinion is DOA in its current state. What is with WG and their current trend of slapping 40 second reloads on battleships?

• Cool 3

[WOLFG]
Members
11,194 posts
10,423 battles
3 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

Why is she getting a 40 second reload? She already has horrid penetration, she already has low speed. She is WORSE than the New York, and that is an achievement in it of itself. Now we don’t know the accuracy of the guns just yet, but as is the ship in my opinion is DOA in its current state. What is with WG and their current trend of slapping 40 second reloads on battleships?

I think someone at WG has a "vision" of the line split, like a director of a movie.  They will do anything to make the vision happen.

And if it doesn't sell, we just don't "get" them and their vision.

When it is simply their vision sucks.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

[SVF]
Members
1,781 posts
2,335 battles
1 hour ago, Usedcarjock said:

They supposedly improved her pen values in a recent devblog, but unless they went crazy with that and gave her equivalent to USN 406mm pen, there's no reasonable explanation for the reload nerf which frankly imo makes this ship worthless once more.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,194 posts
10,423 battles
Just now, landcollector said:

They supposedly improved her pen values in a recent devblog, but unless they went crazy with that and gave her equivalent to USN 406mm pen, there's no reasonable explanation for the reload nerf which frankly imo makes this ship worthless once more.

I"m thinking some kind of "reward" ship.  Dockyard or some other way.

[SVF]
Members
1,781 posts
2,335 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Sadly, that's what I am thinking as well.  Serb knows event/reward ships have to be terrible for...reasons. :cap_old:

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,052 posts
11,161 battles
8 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Agree also, it will be the Graf Spee equivalent for the Odin dockyard event. Free ships are free ships and I’d like to see more stats but on the surface that reload makes her look most uninteresting

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,104 posts
6,077 battles

image.png.14b8069c34be5e08bf13418e0d3a31ae.png

Instead of buffing California...they make every ship that comes after it worse.

• Cool 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,119 posts
11,073 battles

I don't think Oklahoma will be dockyard, but I do think she will be earnable during the BB split event. My guess is via directives. They will only sell Florida, but Oklahoma will be a reward for completing 4 directives, the way they did most reward ships before dockyard was a thing. I doubt after Anchorage they will do another dockyard before New Year's, and I am betting that one will be a three ship dockyard based around Mysore (Commonwealth, but British built), Belfast 43, and Plymouth, along with a brand new Devonport port. Also betting the Oklahoma grind will be easy in comparison to the New Year's which I am betting to get Plymouth will be Puerto Rico levels of oppressive.

[--V--]
Members
1,466 posts
13,793 battles

Oklahoma will be worse than California.   How often do you see the Cali in matches?   Not very often, because WG screwed her over.

Cali - reload too slow, ship speed too slow, turret traverse slow, 14" guns in T9 matches facing 16-18" beasts.

Oklahoma - reload WORSE?!?  Wow,,,, 40 seconds.  DOA.    Couple that with traditional slow speed, shotgun accuracy of tier,,,,, yea,,,, DOA.

And it's sad.  For my final doctoral thesis on WWII I interviewed several survivors from Oklahoma which were great men.  Great stories.

Edited by SeaborneSumo
  • Cool 6

[KWF]
Members
5,258 posts
6,659 battles

At least now you will be able to play Viribus Unitis and console yourself: "at least im not in an Oklahoma"

For a bit better turret layout  than NY/Texas you get a gutted ship. Still, there's time to change the ship to something playable.  

Having the ship as somewhat of a sidegrade to NY or Texas, themselves not particularly broken ships, would make this a decent prize ship.

It's kinda sad though that I got ships like Genova, Sirocco, Mikoyan that had zero value besides the events they were part of and the snowflake they bring. 

• Funny 3

[ARGSY]
Members
22,423 posts
16,285 battles
27 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

My guess is via directives. They will only sell Florida, but Oklahoma will be a reward for completing 4 directives, the way they did most reward ships before dockyard was a thing.

That's my surmise as well. She will sit at the same end of the bar as ships like the Hill and Siroco. Every now and then, she and Genova will have a cry on each other's shoulders, consoling each other that whatever issues they might have, at least they are not the Mikoyan. 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,194 posts
10,423 battles
9 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

At least now you will be able to play Viribus Unitis and console yourself: "at least im not in an Oklahoma"

For a bit better turret layout  than NY/Texas you get a gutted ship. Still, there's time to change the ship to something playable.  

Having the ship as somewhat of a sidegrade to NY or Texas, themselves not particularly broken ships, would make this a decent prize ship.

It's kinda sad though that I got ships like Genova, Sirocco, Mikoyan that had zero value besides the events they were part of and the snowflake they bring. 

At least in Mikoyan, your life is exciting, if short.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,423 posts
16,285 battles
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

After the Mikoyan, even the Emerald looks tough. Last time I took mine out was for its anniversary flake. Against bot Mikoyans, I was repeatedly getting citadels with HE shells. And I mean in successive salvoes. Without trying.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,194 posts
10,423 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

After the Mikoyan, even the Emerald looks tough. Last time I took mine out was for its anniversary flake. Against bot Mikoyans, I was repeatedly getting citadels with HE shells. And I mean in successive salvoes. Without trying.

That's what I mean.  If you always die screaming, you are never bored to death.

[KWF]
Members
5,258 posts
6,659 battles
15 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

13 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Mikoyan is the Oprah of WoWs:

"You get a Devstrike, you get a Devstrike, YOU GET A DEVSTRIKE". 

[ARGSY]
Members
22,423 posts
16,285 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

"You get a Devstrike, you get a Devstrike, YOU GET A DEVSTRIKE". 

The catch is, 'you' are on the receiving end! :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Members
3,664 posts
42,517 battles

Just because NY has Broadway doesn't mean they sing better.

Oklahoma, see the musical. It was on Broadway and New Yorkers were pissed.

Oklahoma for the win. Sooner or later.

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman
  • Cool 2
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 2

[NONE]
Members
3,757 posts
49 minutes ago, SeaborneSumo said:

Oklahoma will be worse than California.   How often do you see the Cali in matches?   Not very often, because WG screwed her over.

Cali - reload too slow, ship speed too slow, turret traverse slow, 14" guns in T9 matches facing 16-18" beasts.

Oklahoma - reload WORSE?!?  Wow,,,, 40 seconds.  DOA.    Couple that with traditional slow speed, shotgun accuracy of tier,,,,, yea,,,, DOA.

And it's sad.  For my final doctoral thesis on WWII I interviewed several survivors from Oklahoma which were great men.  Great stories.

Once upon a time, WeeGee made historically significant ships good to great, like Arizona and Missouri.

Now, history is meh, and the new gudbotes are all paper fantasy.

I swear, WG's current marketing people must come from used car sales and infomercial production.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,334 battles
2 hours ago, Usedcarjock said:

What is with WG and their current trend of slapping 40 second reloads on battleships?

Funny how it's AMERICAN battleships!

2 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I"m thinking some kind of "reward" ship.

With a 40 second reload, who would consider this ship a reward?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,187 posts
18,849 battles
2 hours ago, SeaborneSumo said:

How often do you see the Cali in matches? 

I see one two or three times a night.

:Smile_hiding:

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,519 posts
18,162 battles

Personally I see no reason at all to grind the new US Battleship line. The ships, with the exception of the Florida, are thus far boring with no interesting characteristics. They are going to get farmed by HE and will be unable to disengage due to their poor speed and huge size.  Unfortunately since the Florida is the only ship that thus far most people seem to be showing interest in I'm guessing it will get beaten down with the nerf hammer prior to release. 

Regardless, fat, slow and stupid is no way to go through this game so these ships are going to need buffs. 

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son. - Meme on Imgur

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,104 posts
6,077 battles

California is actually rather good. 

The issue here...we're seeing what wargaming wants to do. Make the reload times on all BB's higher and higher. 

[WOLFG]
Members
11,194 posts
10,423 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Funny how it's AMERICAN battleships!

With a 40 second reload, who would consider this ship a reward?

Booby prize.