You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Boomer625

Karma/Community reputation

5 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
580 posts
1,589 battles

How does the In-game karma system and the forum community reputation Systems work? Are they interrelated?

[FML]
Members
4,123 posts
16,060 battles
3 hours ago, Boomer625 said:

How does the In-game karma system and the forum community reputation Systems work? Are they interrelated?

As Rhyno has said, they are separate amounts. 

The in-game karma system. 

The purpose of the karma system is to provide a small (psychological) reward for good play and a small penalty for poor play, in the hands of players to help promote good play.  

I am a big user of the Karma system.  Generally, I give out far more positive karma than negative, and I'd wish the positive limit was 50 per cent more than the negative.  

I generally give out positive karma for: 

• Players on my team who were bottom tier but topped the team's ladder, whether win or loss; 
  • Players on my team who topped the team's ladder and had a big jump to the next best player (like 400 XP or more); 
  • Players who didnt do well on the scoreboard, but did their job really well - typically when they were massively outnumbered on the weak flank and held off the enemy for ages. 
    • I really like giving pos rep for this, but I dont notice it as often as I would like. 
  • Players who go out of their way to help me out - particularly when not asked but have read the flow of battle really well. 
    • For instance, DDs who smoke their team; or
    • Carriers who go spot enemy dds, or spectacularly nailed a major threat, or killed a bunch of attack planes who were about to nail me. 
  • Players who, in chat, genuinely help someone with questions in the game.  

I generally give out negative karma for: 

• Top tier players on my team who are bottom of the team ladder and absolutely fail (as in, 300XP or less) for "plays poorly"; because, if not them, then who?
    • This does not apply if they are detonated, as aint nobody got time for that. 
  • Players who are fairly abusive or toxic in chat, on either team. 
  • Deliberate (as opposed to accidental) teamkillers, on either team.  Though I've found these are pretty rare. 

I find it is a system that works pretty well. At least, for me.  

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,833 posts

I don't care for Karma for myself. Its irrevelant.

However if someone is a really bad or malicious teammate I'll ding it.

Once in a while I see someone functioning well in the fight, they get praises as well.

• Thanks 2

Members
35 posts
17,880 battles
On 9/25/2020 at 7:29 AM, UltimateNewbie said:

As Rhyno has said, they are separate amounts. 

The in-game karma system. 

The purpose of the karma system is to provide a small (psychological) reward for good play and a small penalty for poor play, in the hands of players to help promote good play.  

I am a big user of the Karma system.  Generally, I give out far more positive karma than negative, and I'd wish the positive limit was 50 per cent more than the negative.  

I generally give out positive karma for: 

• Players on my team who were bottom tier but topped the team's ladder, whether win or loss; 
  • Players on my team who topped the team's ladder and had a big jump to the next best player (like 400 XP or more); 
  • Players who didnt do well on the scoreboard, but did their job really well - typically when they were massively outnumbered on the weak flank and held off the enemy for ages. 
    • I really like giving pos rep for this, but I dont notice it as often as I would like. 
  • Players who go out of their way to help me out - particularly when not asked but have read the flow of battle really well. 
    • For instance, DDs who smoke their team; or
    • Carriers who go spot enemy dds, or spectacularly nailed a major threat, or killed a bunch of attack planes who were about to nail me. 
  • Players who, in chat, genuinely help someone with questions in the game.  

I generally give out negative karma for: 

• Top tier players on my team who are bottom of the team ladder and absolutely fail (as in, 300XP or less) for "plays poorly"; because, if not them, then who?
    • This does not apply if they are detonated, as aint nobody got time for that. 
  • Players who are fairly abusive or toxic in chat, on either team. 
  • Deliberate (as opposed to accidental) teamkillers, on either team.  Though I've found these are pretty rare. 

I find it is a system that works pretty well. At least, for me.  

They need to find away to balance the karma in a correct way. it takes a lot of playing sometimes for an average person to obtain good karma and it does not take a lot for that good karma to be wiped away by some frustrated player that takes his frustrations out on somebody that appears to them to not be playing up to that person's expectations. We just need a more fair way of rewarding things by adjust things out and take away the tantrum factor. Now back to running my CV into an island!

Edited by Richard_Hansen1