You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Whitebuster

Worth selling stock modules?

Worth selling stock modules?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Worth selling stock modules?

• yes for more credits
    • no for collection purpose
    • potatoe

15 comments in this topic

[PYK]
Beta Testers
211 posts
2,445 battles

When we upgrade a ship's modules, the stock modules remain in the inventory. Is there any benefit or advantage of keeping all the stock modules?

Thanks for your suggestions!

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,625 posts
12,041 battles

Sometimes stock modules play slightly differently, but in most cases the new upgrades are direct upgrades. I don't remember if USN DD still has their AA variant hulls, but if they do, you'd want to keep the gun hull usually.

• Cool 1

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
785 posts
4,952 battles

There usually isn't any point in keeping them, the only one I could think of is Mogami's stock guns.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,443 posts
9,751 battles

No point in keeping if you need the money in 99% of cases

• Cool 1

[UNC]
Members
845 posts
6,174 battles

Only ones I keep are where ships have multiple modules that could be useful depending on play style.  For example on GK I keep both the 406 and 420mm guns; for Shima I keep all the torpedo modules.  Otherwise I sell the stock modules for credits.

Also, no bacon option.

• Cool 1

[PYK]
Beta Testers
211 posts
2,445 battles
14 minutes ago, Uncle_Lou said:

Only ones I keep are where ships have multiple modules that could be useful depending on play style.  For example on GK I keep both the 406 and 420mm guns; for Shima I keep all the torpedo modules.  Otherwise I sell the stock modules for credits.

Also, no bacon option.

the convention is potatoe + bacon?

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,694 posts
36,196 battles

Not worth keeping except maybe some torp modules you may want to switch every so often, and Mogami's and Fredie's two sets of guns.

[RKLES]
Members
12,592 posts
14,320 battles
5 hours ago, Whitebuster said:

When we upgrade a ship's modules, the stock modules remain in the inventory. Is there any benefit or advantage of keeping all the stock modules?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Depends on the ship as some ships will have different characteristics for different hulls or modules. Like you may have a better secondary gun hull, while this other has better AA.

Or like with Kagero I would use the stock 10km toroefies in the past as opposed to upgraded ones.reason being upgraded torpedoes had a little extra damage but fairly sizable reload increase and I did better launching greater quantities of toroefies rather than rely on less torpedoes per battle but more damage per strike.

These are just some examples so selling of stock modules has to be on ship by ship basis and very carefully considered. I have sold very few of them to be honest. And not sold any on a long time as I favor going out and just hauling in a lot of credits from battles via oremiu ships if credits are short rather then try and raise credits from selling modules or other things.

• Cool 1

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
602 posts
12,371 battles

I will hold them as a rainy day piggy bank. Like when I have 2 ship ready to purchase and had only banked enough credits for 1.

Otherwise I think I have like 5 or 6 that I keep.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,202 posts
9,579 battles
15 hours ago, Compassghost said:

Sometimes stock modules play slightly differently, but in most cases the new upgrades are direct upgrades. I don't remember if USN DD still has their AA variant hulls, but if they do, you'd want to keep the gun hull usually.

I know Nicholas does.

I actually keep her stock guns too, they're fun to slap in once in awhile.

I've also kept the stock planes for my T6 and T8 CVs, because some of them are more fun to watch while you're playing sometimes.

I just can't resist sometimes playing Lexington with stock planes, they're more iconic than the upgraded ones.

On Ryujo, I use stock DBs, because they give up a little alpha for faster regen. Same with Furious and Implacable, except I use stock TBs instead of DBs.

Plus, maybe I'm weird, but I prefer to have 3 different kinds of planes on a CV.

Edited by Skpstr

[NSEW]
Members
2,137 posts
11,436 battles

Not something I tracked actively.  However, when not playing with the upgraded hull.  I usually get MM that is somewhat better.  Again, just stating some tin foil non-facts.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,126 posts
4,766 battles
15 hours ago, Compassghost said:

I don't remember if USN DD still has their AA variant hulls, but if they do, you'd want to keep the gun hull usually.

Most (all?) of them don't.  There are a very few instances** where keeping modules is useful.  Sell sell sell.

** E.g. I always keep V-25 modules in stock in case there's a death match, but I sell the ship itself to free up a port slot.

Members
445 posts
7,841 battles

I use the stock New Mexico hull because it has more secondary guns.  But I repurchased that ship after I bought North Carolina and sold Colorado.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,698 posts
5,351 battles

I usually 99% of the time dump the stock modules for credits. Once in a while I deliberately do not upgrade. For example ships that have floaty shells become orbital weapons that require 5 minutes to determine it's hit or miss and another hour to correct to target when artillery is upgraded. I prefer flat shooting.

[PVE]
Members
563 posts
10,581 battles

I do not recall ever lacking credits so I'm not spending time on selling stuff that isn't in the way/clutter. Perhaps if I ever actually run out of credits ...

Edited by evanr1940
  • Cool 1