You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

ST 0.9.9, changes to test ships.

30 comments in this topic

[GRAVE]
Members
1,407 posts
19,835 battles

Belfast'43: Who knew only having 2 DD smokes on a cruiser is a bad idea

Plymouth: who knew having 14km range and no way to improve it is a bad idea

Kansas: PLS stop, its already dead

Minnesota: was this needed? Seriously, now only Vermont looks good

OK: was this needed?

[SVF]
Members
1,780 posts
2,335 battles

You maybe were going in the right direction with Oklahoma with the penetration buff, but you killed her again with the unexplained and nonsensical reload nerf. Not to mention the damage nerfs on Kansas and Minnesota.  I am left shaking my head in disgust and wondering why.

• Cool 3

[WOLFG]
Members
11,100 posts
10,330 battles
1 hour ago, tfcas119 said:

OK: was this needed?

Isn't WG US HQ in Texas?  They hate Oklahoma.

U.S.  BB split is a massive bag of boring.

• Cool 3

[WOLFC]
Members
3,194 posts
27 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Is toast with milk supposed to be better than Milquetoast?  Beyond boring, DrH.  edit: And yes on Oklahoma. :Smile_veryhappy:

milktoast400b.jpg

Edited by DocWalker
added text

[ANKER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
578 posts
13,190 battles

The question we should ask is why they are asking for feedback when our comments fall on deaf ears? 

That is like asking a blind man to point out his house as he is walking down the street. 

There is no benefit to leaving a comment on these information releases.

This is only done to placate your emotions so they do not bleed over into the general discussions. 

As they have said before we only change things based on "data" not words.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 3

[PVE]
Members
380 posts
3,201 battles

It is a continual surprise that some of you seem to be really surprised by these "changes".  

It's Wargaming.  It shouldn't be a surprise and sadly enough most of it isn't worth comment.

• Cool 1
  • Sad 1

[SVF]
Members
1,780 posts
2,335 battles
1 hour ago, Duma said:

It is a continual surprise that some of you seem to be really surprised by these "changes".  

It's Wargaming.  It shouldn't be a surprise and sadly enough most of it isn't worth comment.

In my case,  I have come to expect WG to make most premiums not worth paying for these days.  Doesn't mean I can't express my disappointment when it inevitably happens.

[BUOY]
Members
1,123 posts
15,494 battles

My .02.

BF43: Fine

KS / MN: Urgh, more nerfs...

OK: Does she have Slava dispersion and AP pen now or something to justify +5 seconds on the also 10 gun TX / +10 seconds on the NY? 

Edited by lloyd1701

[PVE]
Members
380 posts
3,201 battles
7 minutes ago, landcollector said:

In my case,  I have come to expect WG to make most premiums not worth paying for these days.  Doesn't mean I can't express my disappointment when it inevitably happens.

Understood.  For my part after closed/open beta in WoT and 8 or so years of play there witnessing exactly this kind of ruinous "implementation".  Well it isn't a surprise. Just makes one kind of sad.

[CAAT]
Members
501 posts
4,389 battles

Ohhhmigod, NOOOOO WG, STOP IT!!! Stop dealing out these split-line BB-like reload nerfs! You did NOT need to give California a 4.2s reload nerf, and you definitely did NOT need to give Oklahoma a reload nerf to 40s, unless her AP damage values were SO increased last time you gave that buff...I don't know, because you didn't even tell us HOW MUCH you increased it. Now if you're saying the ship's got like 16in guns level of AP damage or something dumb like that, I'd be like "OK, at least its guns are SUPER-PUNCHY so 40s reload makes sense" but I HIGHLY doubt it. it's more than likely got not much more than say, 10500 AP damage. Which at FORTY SECONDS RELOAD, is absolutely PAINFUL. And you cannot mitigate that slow reload in ANY way. Man, Oklahoma BETTER have some good secondaries or something, Arkansas-style, because I just don't know if 40s reload is going to cut it for Oklahoma....

Reload nerfs are not always the answer to everything WG, they just make the game slower, less dynamic and ultimately more boring.

[LOIN]
Supertester
844 posts
4 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Isn't WG US HQ in Texas?  They hate Oklahoma.

NA server is HQ in Texas. The company's HQ is in St. Petersburg.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,415 posts
12,296 battles

yeah i think its safe to say Oklahoma is DOA if she keeps that 40 second reload at T5 as will be anyone's interest in it other than for collecting purposes

• Cool 1

Members
115 posts
2,114 battles

Thank you for confirming to me that my choice to save up my money either for Florida or something else, over Oklahoma was a good one.

Now that Kansas has an even weaker DPS than NC can you lower her reload and Finally give her the right shells and or guns. http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNUS_16-50_mk2.php While they never used the designated MK5, they did use the Army version of the shell which is listed at an initial shell velocity of 808mps. If Kansas is given this shell speed, and the MK2 16inch/50cal guns that would have been used for... The 1920's South Dakota class, the Lexington class battlecruisers, and the Iowa class. Kansas is a 1920's South Dakota with the wrong guns, since if the MK3 shell was being used it's initial shell velocity would be 823mps, 

And I see Minnesota still hasn't become more appealing to me, that's 'great' to see.

• Cool 1

[CAAT]
Members
501 posts
4,389 battles
1 hour ago, ithekro said:

Oklahoma will be free with completion of a Collection in 0.9.10.

Well yeah, I guess there's that, it's at least FREE....Still, it doesn't really excuse WG for slapping a 40s reload on what is basically at this stage just a T5 New York with admittedly better gun arrangement, possibly better gun arcs, the SAME 14in guns in both caliber and number, and only standard Colorado-like secondaries.

But still....an actual FREE ship, yay! Better count our lucky stars, at least we don't have to buy it or anything...

Edited by SaiIor_Moon
  • Cool 2