You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dimzzy

Clear sign that celebration is over

35 comments in this topic

[-1]
Members
758 posts
10,602 battles

The first day 200% XP bonus ends and I can enjoy the game again. I really wish that WG would calm down and stop this never-ending stream of missions. On the other hand I think people already getting bored with grinds... maybe they'll start ignoring them.

3Z3NrOl.png

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[WMD]
Members
1,779 posts
10,120 battles

I'm not going to lie... I'm not sure what you're getting at here. You didn't enjoy the game because there was a 200% first win bonus? 

• Cool 7
  • Thanks 1

[CHBK]
Members
1,041 posts
3,938 battles
4 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

I'm not going to lie... I'm not sure what you're getting at here. You didn't enjoy the game because there was a 200% first win bonus? 

Yeah I am confused too.  And the "not wanting missions".  You aren't required to do the missions so if you don't want to....don't?  I mean I've always treated them that way....If I complete them through normal gameplay...great...if not...oh well.

Edited by Taco_De_Moist
  • Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
31,245 posts
9,606 battles
5 minutes ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

Yeah I am confused too.  And the "not wanting missions".  You aren't required to do the missions so if you don't want to....don't?  I mean I've always treated them that way....If I complete them through normal gameplay...great...if not...oh well.

I think he means that other players who don't do as you describe are putting the missions first, and sandbagging their teams.

Although, I don't really get why the +200% XP causes problems. I would think that you'd want your BXP as high as possible for that first win, and play accordingly.

I came close to raging a couple times, I'd take Pommern into a match with good signals and camo that are in short supply, and only get about 30k damage on a first win, due to RNG not being nice, and the match being over before I could get in and get some work done lol.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[AN2AC]
Members
145 posts
8,930 battles
31 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

The first day 200% XP bonus ends and I can enjoy the game again.

Whats this?? I'm extremely grateful to WG for the bonus, must have gotten well over a 1.5 mill XP up until yesterday. bumped a few ships over 18, and a lots progressed up the chain.

Using CA's &BB's to get some of the missions completed and also included rank sessions... 3 in 1 worked for me and, if it didn't, I would not do one or any of them.

[-1]
Members
758 posts
10,602 battles
52 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

There were way too many people playing poorly just to grab these bonuses so in the end it feels that my influence on the game outcome was random. Today it feels like if you play well you win.

[WMD]
Members
1,779 posts
10,120 battles
5 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

There were way too many people playing poorly just to grab these bonuses so in the end it feels that my influence on the game outcome was random. Today it feels like if you play well you win.

Ah... makes sense now. It can be frustrating when people play like idiots, regardless of the reason they choose to do so. 

[META_]
Members
1,660 posts
17,317 battles
1 hour ago, VeatherVitch said:

Combo of that and to show his good run,lol...good run dimzzy

Edited by Meta_Man
  • Cool 1

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,253 posts
16,579 battles
28 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

grab these bonuses so in the end it feels that my influence on the game outcome was random

due to the toxicity of ppl playing in random game, I am now playing in Co-Op to finish off as many ships as quickly as I can and without the headache in the public chat

eg:

I am in Richelieu, co op game, facing Soyasayu, not only he is higher tier, but he got more punches then iam, so I am force to get in close enough to pen for citadel hit and tail gate him so that he can only use his rear turret. Bot 2 front turrets cant get me and by nose in and tail gate, I do not show too much profile for him to hit, minimize the dam and maximize my front armor. Not only that, but I can also perm dam the rear turret. There was a dd behind me, and torping from behind, he also been toxic in public chat calling me named and tell me not to RAM. He clearly did not know how to play Richelieu.

Also, doing Anchorage mission, so I cant afford to die, I need to rank up as many kills as I can

So toxic in public now a day, ppl played high tier without understand basic game mechanics, ships' characteristic, current event and though that they are the smartest person in the game. Everything else is secondary to their prime ignorant is outstanding, and yet played poorly in game. When someone else called out their mistake, it like gigantic denial by being toxic back the person who called out their mistake; not only that but continuously firing torp from behind.

In the end, that person was lucky, because it too early in the morning and I was enjoying my coffee. I just end the game and move on the next ship so I can finish my mission. :cap_haloween:   

[PVE]
Members
7,238 posts
23,105 battles
1 hour ago, dimzzy said:

Sad part is if their poor play was resulting in losses...they weren't even getting the 200% bonus because they required a win to get them.

[YARRR]
[YARRR]
Members
259 posts
5,471 battles
2 hours ago, dimzzy said:

Playing poorly...just to win.

That's some galaxy brain stuff.

• Cool 1
  • Sad 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,160 posts
10,520 battles
2 hours ago, dimzzy said:

So, you’re saying that an influx of “low-quality” players into random matchmaking, where any given “low-quality” player has a greater chance of being on the red team (because there are 11 friendlies and 12 opponents in each match) decreases your ability to influence and carry matches?

Anyone who is truly “more skilled” than the influx of players should see greater success in these circumstances. Either this influx of “bad” players doesn’t exist, or, well... you’re not as skilled or good at carrying matches as you think you are.

Or confirmation bias based on a small sample set. Who knows? :cap_old:

I never understand the arguments that “weekend” or “event” matchmaking reduces people’s win rates.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

[PHD]
Members
1,738 posts
7,125 battles
3 hours ago, VeatherVitch said:

In part, the issue may be to get the bonus, people are playing ships they normally would not play. The result is players using, poor ships, ships they are not used to playing or using ship types they do not play well.

I am guilty of that when I play BBs. I don't exactly carry the team. But PvE is my game so it's not too bad on the others. (More than normal that is.)

[PHD]
Members
205 posts
11,055 battles

I wouldn't mind a few more missions. I just finished them all so I'm now working on the Campaign for the weekend. I ended up with two Optimus Prime and one Megatron commander from the boxes so that was nice.

[FML]
Members
4,120 posts
16,057 battles
13 hours ago, Otago_F111 said:

Whats this?? I'm extremely grateful to WG for the bonus, must have gotten well over a 1.5 mill XP up until yesterday. bumped a few ships over 18, and a lots progressed up the chain

Nice work, but it’s a bit unclear - your ships are old enough to visit certain disreputable shore-based establishments now??!?

[ARGSY]
Members
22,236 posts
16,189 battles
4 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Nice work, but it’s a bit unclear - your ships are old enough to visit certain disreputable shore-based establishments now??!?

Shhh.... Bayern's been waiting for a chance to bump fenders with that pretty Venezia from across the way. At last he won't get arrested for it!

But she's Tier 10 and he's Tier 6, so...

• Haha 1

[-1]
Members
758 posts
10,602 battles
12 hours ago, Epic_Baller said:

Playing poorly...just to win.

That's some galaxy brain stuff.

If it's too complicated for you let me explain: normally you get 50% bonus (150% xp after win) so with 200% bonus you get 300% xp, twice as much. IOW you advance twice as fast. Normally if you don't have much time or your connection is poor or you are not feeling well you won't play, but you will miss the daily bonus. So what people do is they login anyway and just yolo in hopes that other people will win for them. If you die fast enough your average game duration will be much less than 20 minutes and you can grab a lot of daily bonuses. If many people do this games become pretty random and WR for everyone gets closer to 48%, maximizing your chances to win while playing poorly.

I hope your galaxy brain won't explode.

[PVE]
Members
4,786 posts
21,093 battles
16 hours ago, Skpstr said:

I think he means that other players who don't do as you describe are putting the missions first, and sandbagging their teams.

Although, I don't really get why the +200% XP causes problems. I would think that you'd want your BXP as high as possible for that first win, and play accordingly.

I came close to raging a couple times, I'd take Pommern into a match with good signals and camo that are in short supply, and only get about 30k damage on a first win, due to RNG not being nice, and the match being over before I could get in and get some work done lol.

There has been a lot of "I want, want, want, me, me, me, now, now now...." these past few weeks....  What really gets me wound up are the ramming kills.....  In COOP, bots ram each other a lot.  Now, the bots and a lot of Random players farming event need for "destroyed" seem to be simply ramming the first ship they see.  Get out, and repeat.  Why, I haven't figured out because they could have destroyed several other ships as well?  I've seen the same names several times in a morning doing the same thing, over and over again.......

And yes, all of those priceless flags and Phftttt!, where did everything go?  You are all alone and your secondaries at 11.6 haven't even fired a shot because there are just burning wrecks at the cap.......  Game over a minute later and the clock says 5:10 into the match.....  A lot of that as well lately.   Usually when there are four (4) DD's.....  I submitted a screenshot for @Hapa_Fodder 's weekly submission event where my Tirpitz was avoiding torps.......what it couldn't show was that there were three (3) bot DD"s and there were near 30 torpedoes in that water at one time !!!  Then, an hour later...............there are two humans and the rest at bots for several games......

Usually, if you play COOP a lot, you see player names you've seen a lot of before.  Recently, that hasn't been the case?  I wonder, what has changed that they haven't been around for several weeks (at least two now).....?

[-1]
Members
758 posts
10,602 battles
12 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

So, you’re saying that an influx of “low-quality” players into random matchmaking, where any given “low-quality” player has a greater chance of being on the red team (because there are 11 friendlies and 12 opponents in each match) decreases your ability to influence and carry matches?

Anyone who is truly “more skilled” than the influx of players should see greater success in these circumstances. Either this influx of “bad” players doesn’t exist, or, well... you’re not as skilled or good at carrying matches as you think you are.

You are wrong. Your ship alone can do only a limited amount of damage so if you think that unicums are those cowboys that rush in and tear apart everyone on their path you have no idea how this game works. If you want to maximize your influence on the match outcome you have to enable your teammates to perform well--you have to give them hand by sharing damage, giving smoke, spotting torps, using radar when they are ready and so on. What is critical here is that your teammates should be able capitalize on these benefits: if you give smoke to a cruiser he has to notice it and stay in smoke, if you spotted DD they should understand to focus it, if you create crossfire they should understand that they have to use AP to hit citadels. The problem with bad players is that they don't understand how to use opportunities you create so your efforts are useless and the only thing that's left is your raw DPM, which is limited.

Another problem is that matches become shorter. One of the distinctive features of bad players is low survivability; these people tend to get deleted early in the game by torps or good AP salvos. There may be bad players on both sides, but often they don't die equally fast; one team can randomly lose three ships on one flank early in the game and flank collapses and then entire team collapses. It does not matter how good you are if you are severely outnumbered--your options are very limited, especially if you are not in DD. And especially if enemy team has all caps and time just runs out.

Again--the problem with bad players is that when they come en masse games become shorter and more chaotic. It's good for bad players because they start to win more, but it's bad for good players because they start to win less and game becomes more boring.

• Confused 1

[YARRR]
[YARRR]
Members
259 posts
5,471 battles
1 hour ago, dimzzy said:

If it's too complicated for you let me explain: normally you get 50% bonus (150% xp after win) so with 200% bonus you get 300% xp, twice as much. IOW you advance twice as fast. Normally if you don't have much time or your connection is poor or you are not feeling well you won't play, but you will miss the daily bonus. So what people do is they login anyway and just yolo in hopes that other people will win for them. If you die fast enough your average game duration will be much less than 20 minutes and you can grab a lot of daily bonuses. If many people do this games become pretty random and WR for everyone gets closer to 48%, maximizing your chances to win while playing poorly.

I hope your galaxy brain won't explode.

Yeah, that's too complicated because it's overwrought and nonsensical - galaxy brain stuff, if you will. I've certainly never observed it. It would also be a stupid waste of time because a fast-as-you-can yolo churn with hopes of scraping out a win is going to get you lousy match XP and you'll gain minimal benefit from the bonus and anyone who doesn't feel like playing is going to notice this right away.

• Confused 1

[-1]
Members
758 posts
10,602 battles
2 hours ago, Epic_Baller said:

Yeah, that's too complicated because it's overwrought and nonsensical - galaxy brain stuff, if you will. I've certainly never observed it. It would also be a stupid waste of time because a fast-as-you-can yolo churn with hopes of scraping out a win is going to get you lousy match XP and you'll gain minimal benefit from the bonus and anyone who doesn't feel like playing is going to notice this right away.

Oh I'm sorry--I always overestimate mental capacity of people. I'm glad that you enjoy the events.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,245 posts
9,606 battles
3 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Now, the bots and a lot of Random players farming event need for "destroyed" seem to be simply ramming the first ship they see.  Get out, and repeat.  Why, I haven't figured out because they could have destroyed several other ships as well?  I've seen the same names several times in a morning doing the same thing, over and over again.......

Yeah, that makes no sense to me.

I might ram at the end of the match, but only because I don't have time to kill the target, and it's silly to leave HP on the table if I don't need to.

3 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

And yes, all of those priceless flags and Phftttt!, where did everything go?  You are all alone and your secondaries at 11.6 haven't even fired a shot because there are just burning wrecks at the cap....... 

I only have 9.6 secondaries, and they aren't what I depend on.

Usually, even at max range, I can get a pen or two per salvo. After a while, I'm engaging at 12-15km, and start getting real hits. Secondaries are for uninvited guests popping up, and later on, when you can chase another ship down without worrying about being focused down.

In this particular game, all I was getting at range were ricochets and overpens. And just the way the match went, I was obscured from all the mid-range shots. Only got a couple off before the game ended.

To be fair, I was already somewhat perturbed because I had to rescue the dog from the pool for the 3rd time in 2 days. We just put the winter cover on, and he wanted to explore the new space.

He was in no danger of drowning, but it's about 2' from the level of the cover to the top of the deck, and the cover didn't give him solid enough footing to just jump up lol. 

The funny thing is, he doesn't get upset, he just sits there with his front paws on the deck and waits. For some reason, this causes the other dog to bark at him, which is what alerts me.

That'll be this weekend's project, to construct some kind of barrier.

[YARRR]
[YARRR]
Members
259 posts
5,471 battles
9 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

Oh I'm sorry--I always overestimate mental capacity of people. I'm glad that you enjoy the events.

Yeah, you certainly seem to be the type that gives other people's thoughts and actions too charitable a reading :Smile_teethhappy:

I'm glad you can always find a way to externalize your frustrations! Happy boating.

[GOCRY]
Members
639 posts
17 hours ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

In part, the issue may be to get the bonus, people are playing ships they normally would not play. The result is players using, poor ships, ships they are not used to playing or using ship types they do not play well.

I am guilty of that when I play BBs. I don't exactly carry the team. But PvE is my game so it's not too bad on the others. (More than normal that is.)

Only, since it’s an XP bonus, it only really helps you on lines that you’re grinding.  Hopefully people have SOME idea how to play ships they’re grinding.  If you’re playing premiums or ships in lines you ground a long time ago, then it does nothing, unless you’re also spending doubloons to convert it to free XP, and getting ripped off in the process.