You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tjvarmint

Secondary gun movement

12 comments in this topic

[TD6]
Members
34 posts
7,065 battles

My apologies if this has been addressed somewhere else on the forum. What setting do I need to change for the secondary guns to swivel? They are firing in the appropriate direction but aren't moving at the target. This is obviously a visual element and not an issue with how the game plays.

Thanks!

[A-O]
Members
1,047 posts
10,612 battles
4 minutes ago, tjvarmint said:

My apologies if this has been addressed somewhere else on the forum. What setting do I need to change for the secondary guns to swivel? They are firing in the appropriate direction but aren't moving at the target. This is obviously a visual element and not an issue with how the game plays.

Thanks!

Under the graphics settings is an option to animate small objects. That'll take care of it.

[A-O]
Members
1,047 posts
10,612 battles
Just now, Doombeagle said:

They don't rotate.

Sure do if you change the graphics settings. Same for Range Finders and radar antennas :-)

Depending on your PC hardware you may take a small hit on your fps of course.

• Cool 1

[TD6]
Members
34 posts
7,065 battles

Thanks freggo! I wondered if they rotate. While watching a video, I noticed they were moving for a Youtuber. I assumed his settings are set higher than mine. I'll try the adjustment. If it doesn't crush my fps too much, I'll keep it for the aesthetics.

Members
1,018 posts
1,409 battles
1 hour ago, freggo said:

Under the graphics settings is an option to animate small objects. That'll take care of it.

1 hour ago, freggo said:

Sure do if you change the graphics settings. Same for Range Finders and radar antennas :-)

I have that setting on, but the AA guns are still stationary & the tracers come out of an area above the ship-even if they aren't automatic weapons. Is this a bug?

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,584 posts
4,223 battles
7 minutes ago, black_hull4 said:

I have that setting on, but the AA guns are still stationary & the tracers come out of an area above the ship-even if they aren't automatic weapons. Is this a bug?

Kind of. The AA guns are supposed to rotate, but that hasn't ever really worked properly. So yes they should rotate, but they don't and it doesn't seem to be a WG priority to get it to work (they are aware of it).

Members
877 posts
6,656 battles

Animates more than just the ship's secondaries.  If you zoom in on islands, you'll find the trees swaying in some maps too.

I had always wished that turning that on would've animated more stuff in the towns and villages, but it's very satisfying as it is.

[A-O]
Members
1,047 posts
10,612 battles
3 hours ago, JAKeller said:

Animates more than just the ship's secondaries.  If you zoom in on islands, you'll find the trees swaying in some maps too.

I had always wished that turning that on would've animated more stuff in the towns and villages, but it's very satisfying as it is.

Not sure if it has to do with the setting but there are cars driving thru the towns, trains go into tunnels and some airfields have planes taxiing around.

I'm waiting to find Dolphins jumping next to the bow of a ship :-)

Members
877 posts
6,656 battles
12 hours ago, freggo said:

Not sure if it has to do with the setting but there are cars driving thru the towns, trains go into tunnels and some airfields have planes taxiing around.

I'm waiting to find Dolphins jumping next to the bow of a ship :-)

There was always some animation in the towns.  I'd just been hoping to see more with the setting turned on.  You do have to get close enough to see any of it however.  (with an appropriate LOD render setting)