You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chief_SeaDog

Secondaries

10 comments in this topic

[SOCOM]
Members
660 posts
23,750 battles

I thought Seconddaries were automatic. My bb has sec range 10.1 a bb was at 7.3 the dang things were not firing until I put focus on them.  My capt has the manual fire but  the sec should auto even if i do not use the skill. It has happened a lot latlely. I depend on them to let me know something is too close.

• Meh 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,781 posts
20,259 battles

The manual secondaries skill makes it so they only fire on the focused target. It's been like that since the introduction of the skill.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,305 posts
26,802 battles
9 minutes ago, Lert said:

The manual secondaries skill makes it so they only fire on the focused target. It's been like that since the introduction of the skill.

^^This.  Also, some ships have secondaries located in the aft section of the ship, so if you are bow tanking/kiting these guns won't have proper firing angles.-

Members
1,005 posts
1,395 battles
2 hours ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

My bb has sec range 10.1 a bb was at 7.3 the dang things were not firing until I put focus on them.  My capt has the manual fire

Well that's your problem. Next time read the instructions of a skill before you equip it.

[UN1]
Members
1,293 posts
4,040 battles
15 hours ago, black_hull4 said:

Well that's your problem. Next time read the instructions of a skill before you equip it.

Not productive.

[SOCOM]
Members
660 posts
23,750 battles
On 9/24/2020 at 8:36 AM, Lert said:

I misunderstood. So my auto sec dont work so I lose that just because I thought the skill was addition to auto so i will remove the skill. 

[QCN1]
Members
104 posts
7,677 battles

Any truth to the rumor that WG just nerfed the secondaries by 30%?

Edited by RockChunker

[KENT]
Members
22 posts
5,934 battles
On 10/8/2020 at 9:37 PM, RockChunker said:

Any truth to the rumor that WG just nerfed the secondaries by 30%?

If you squint, yes, for the foreseeable future no.

What WG did say is that, in their first public draft of the comprehensive captain skill rework, secondary armament boosting skills would be altered and expanded.  This would include, among other things, retooling the Manual Secondary Fire Control skill to change its boost from 15% tighter dispersion for T6 and below and 60% tighter dispersion for T7 + while removing automatic firing, to 35% tighter dispersion for the selected target at all tiers, without disabling automatic firing at the unboosted accuracy settings.  

So basically, someone skimmed the first draft of the captain skill rework or heard a snippet on YouTube from one of those incredibly error-riddled content creator overviews (even the relatively reliable CCs like Flambass made a few errors while covering it), and then started spreading rumors that you picked up on.

Edited by masterfish

[WPORT]
Members
7,142 posts
12,161 battles
On 9/24/2020 at 11:36 AM, Lert said:

On 9/24/2020 at 11:48 AM, HamptonRoads said:

^^This.  Also, some ships have secondaries located in the aft section of the ship, so if you are bow tanking/kiting these guns won't have proper firing angles.-

Yep.  What they said.  ^^^^