You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Yesman1337

Italian BB's On The Way (My Picks/Guesses)

9 comments in this topic

[EQV]
Members
126 posts
1,363 battles

This is just some speculation as to what BB we could see and what I would like to see.

Tier III: Regina Margherita - Fairly standard low tier BB in most respects but with 4 305mm (In 2 dual turrets) guns but the unique thing about it would be the large caliber secondary's 4 203mm (In 4 single turrets) along with 12 152mm as well. A small host of smaller calibers as well and a smattering of AA.

Tier IV: Regina Elena - Only 2 main battery guns of 305mm in a configuration of 1 in one turret in the front and back but a whopping 12 203mm secondary batteries along with a bunch of smaller ones.

Tier V: Dante Alighieri - This is sort of a switch up period in the line going to 12 305mm main battery guns but still packing a lot of 120mm secondary batteries

Tier VI: Conti Di Cavour - Carrying 13 305mm in 3 triple turrets and 2 double turrets along with a large host of 120mm secondary's and some smaller ones it would have some crazy firepower  

Tier VII: Andrea Doria (The WW2 modernized/refitted version would be the upgradeable hull losing a main battery turret for better performance elsewhere) - The base variant has 13 305mm and as usual a lot of secondary batteries (152mm ones) when upgraded it would lose the center 3 barreled turret for an increase in caliber to 320mm along with more speed/armor and more secondary's 12 203mm or 12 135mm (I cant remember) as well as 10 90mm on top of a bunch more AA

Tier VIII: Francesco Caracciolo - The ship was never completed but it was to have 8 380mm guns around 20 152mm batteries. I do not know much more about the ship nut Im sure WG could come up with some stuff.

Tier IX: Vittorio Veneto - Basically a Roma as in game currently but I figured to give it a boost since it is now a tier up add some extra historically accurate consumables aka a radar which you would get upon upgrading the hull from the base one with only the 12 152mm and minimal AA to getting an extra 10 90mm and a lot more AA along with more health etc.

Tier X: I genuinely have no idea what this could be but Im sure there were some crazy designs floating around somewhere for a giant pizza BB to rival the Yamato/Iowa classes

I Kind of want another sort of pseudo secondary BB line with the lower tiers it could be crazy fun having such large secondary's and so many of them.

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
27,227 posts
17,225 battles

How bout sap firing secondaries on the coming italian BBs that will rip DD that show broadside that try to do a torpedo driveby.

[GRAVE]
Members
1,414 posts
19,933 battles
9 minutes ago, Yesman1337 said:

Tier III: Regina Margherita

Isn’t this a Pre-Dreadnought? Has to be considering only 4 12in guns. T2 tops.

10 minutes ago, Yesman1337 said:

Tier IV: Regina Elena

Same as above, but far worse

12 minutes ago, Yesman1337 said:

Tier V: Dante Alighieri

With some ahistorical refit to give her some AA, yes. Otherwise look at VU for how well this will go. Better to reign her in at T4 than shoehorn her at T5

14 minutes ago, Yesman1337 said:

Tier VI: Conti Di Cavour

We already know Andrea Doria/Caio Duilo is the T6, so Conti should be T5. Also, basically every ship you listed is one tier too high 

18 minutes ago, Yesman1337 said:

Tier VIII: Francesco Caracciolo

A ship designed to counter QE and Bayern but two tiers higher, disaster incoming. 
Also, Vittorio Veneto has been confirmed as the T8

T10: confirmed as Christopher Colombus, a WW1 era design to rival French Normandie and Lyon designs, but upgraded with 16 of Roma’s 15in guns in a 4x4 setup 

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,362 battles
58 minutes ago, Yesman1337 said:

Tier X: I genuinely have no idea

The "Wassamattaferyu".

[TAZ]
Members
834 posts

The Cristoforo Columbo was the 3rd of the 4 vessels of the Francesco Caracciolo class which were laid down but never launched, only the lead ship was ever launched.  

[WOLFC]
Members
2,223 posts
10,582 battles
1 minute ago, tfcas119 said:

Also, basically every ship you listed is one tier too high 

^This :cap_like:

24 minutes ago, Yesman1337 said:

Tier IX: Vittorio Veneto - Basically a Roma as in game currently but I figured to give it a boost since it is now a tier up add some extra historically accurate consumables aka a radar which you would get upon upgrading the hull from the base one with only the 12 152mm and minimal AA to getting an extra 10 90mm and a lot more AA along with more health etc.

The Italian BBs are going to be defined by SAP and exhaust smoke, similar to the Italian cruisers. I highly doubt WG will ever put radar on a tech tree battleship. Remember that the Soviet battleships were originally going to have a “deep water” radar that could only detect BBs and CVs, but that was scrapped early in testing and WG didn’t even test them (at least to our knowledge) with standard radar.

If we ever see another battleship with radar, it would need to have its combat parameters adjusted significantly to be balanced and would most definitely be a premium ship. I commented in another thread recently that something like USS Washington at tier IX with a Missouri-esque radar might work, but only if her parameters were almost identical to NC (i.e. essentially a very slightly buffed tier VIII with radar). Remember that when MO was released she was virtually identical in combat parameters to Iowa with the addition of radar and became the clear choice for anyone who owned both (the economic benefits were just a bonus).

[EQV]
Members
126 posts
1,363 battles
3 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

Isn’t this a Pre-Dreadnought? Has to be considering only 4 12in guns. T2 tops.

Same as above, but far worse

With some ahistorical refit to give her some AA, yes. Otherwise look at VU for how well this will go. Better to reign her in at T4 than shoehorn her at T5

We already know Andrea Doria/Caio Duilo is the T6, so Conti should be T5. Also, basically every ship you listed is one tier too high 

A ship designed to counter QE and Bayern but two tiers higher, disaster incoming. 
Also, Vittorio Veneto has been confirmed as the T8

T10: confirmed as Christopher Colombus, a WW1 era design to rival French Normandie and Lyon designs, but upgraded with 16 of Roma’s 15in guns in a 4x4 setup 

They a lot of large caliber secondary batteries compared to any other ship of their tiers. I figured that could be enough to keep them unique and give them a fighting chance referring to the tier III/IV. As for down tiering them all yeah I guess that seems fair enough. As for the Christopher Columbus I have never heard of that one do you have any sources on it. I would like to see it. 

Members
949 posts
2,321 battles

I'm hoping beyond hope they include Regina Margarita to make filling the line easier. Logically know they wouldn't cause they didn't do the Dantons(which is much more qualified for T3 than the Margarita). Then shafting the Danton for Turrene might be my least favorite WG decision in history. Regina Elena isn't realistic cause it has 2 main inch battery guns and WG already doesn't like the 4 guns which has been established as the bare main gun minimum(possible Furious breaks it one day as a gimmick ship but that doesn't count). Even if they put Regina Elena in the game there is no way it makes even T3 nm T4. 

But yeah D Aligheiri is too good to be at T3 probably sadly think they more likely to go the fantasy route than pick Regina Margarita. 

Edited by Aristotle83