Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Titus_Pullo_13

Advice requested on HE spam

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
152 posts
5,243 battles

I have two missions that need to be completed.

One is an Arsonist badge and the other is 200 hits.

I think i'm a decent player but I'm finding it difficult with my current ships that are fire breathers: Dallas, Helena and Akizuki. The most i've achieved is about 150 hits. Once I get to about 100 hits, It seems i'm a target for every plane DD and ship and I'm hounded and dont last long?

Do I need other ships or do I suck?

 

Thoughts? 

 

Thanks

Edited by Titus_Pullo_13
Do I need other ships or do I suck?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
495
[O7]
Supertester
345 posts
13,020 battles

Arsonist is doable with your current ships. Akizuki and Helena are your best choices, though Akizuki has the benefit of smoke, allowing you to farm from relative safety. T8 BBs are your ideal targets as you are less likely to deal too much alpha damage and rob yourself of fire damage. Make sure you DO NOT have IFHE equipped or your fire chance will plummet. 

If you constantly find yourself under attack and dying as a result, it means you are too aggressive. Understand what fights you can win and ones you cannot. Then use your speed and concealment accordingly to position. 

 

Edited by Your_SAT_Score
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,879
[FML]
Members
4,120 posts
16,057 battles
2 minutes ago, Your_SAT_Score said:

Arsonist is doable with your current ships. Akizuki and Helena are your best choices, though Akizuki has the benefit of smoke, allowing you to farm from relative safety. T8 BBs are your ideal targets as you are less likely to deal too much alpha damage and rob yourself of fire damage. Make sure you DO NOT have IFHE equipped or your fire chance will plummet. 

If you constantly find yourself under attack and dying as a result, it means you are too aggressive. Understand what fights you can win and ones you cannot. Then use your speed and concealment accordingly to position. 

 

I agree with this.

Also, coop battles will likely end too soon for the Arsonist achievement in particuar (I'm not even sure its awarded in coop?), so you'll need to focus on randoms. 

It may also mean you should not be doing your normal DD duties as hard, so less contesting caps and more farming (yes, WG has created a terrible incentive here).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,076
[PVE]
Members
7,284 posts
23,174 battles
2 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I agree with this.

Also, coop battles will likely end too soon for the Arsonist achievement in particuar (I'm not even sure its awarded in coop?), so you'll need to focus on randoms. 

It may also mean you should not be doing your normal DD duties as hard, so less contesting caps and more farming (yes, WG has created a terrible incentive here).  

No achievements in co-op & who says you can't farm from smoke in a cap?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,664 posts
42,437 battles
5 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I agree with this.

Also, coop battles will likely end too soon for the Arsonist achievement in particuar (I'm not even sure its awarded in coop?), so you'll need to focus on randoms. 

It may also mean you should not be doing your normal DD duties as hard, so less contesting caps and more farming (yes, WG has created a terrible incentive here).  

Yes, WG thinks we are all a bunch of..back..hoes.

If I want to be freaky, and burn it down on a weekend, none of WG business!🔥🔥🔥🔥🤣

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
449
[FOXEH]
Members
1,945 posts
12,784 battles
10 hours ago, Titus_Pullo_13 said:

I have two missions that need to be completed.

One is an Arsonist badge and the other is 200 hits.

I think i'm a decent player but I'm finding it difficult with my current ships that are fire breathers: Dallas, Helena and Akizuki. The most i've achieved is about 150 hits. Once I get to about 100 hits, It seems i'm a target for every plane DD and ship and I'm hounded and dont last long?

Do I need other ships or do I suck?

 

Thoughts? 

 

Thanks

Save your coal and get a Thunderer.  Yeah, i know, its a lot.  I picked one up a while back and never really messed with it, then there was a Youtube video on it and i started messing with it.  I got 100K+ in coop one day just shooting fires, and we all know how fast coop ends.  So its now on my "to mess with more" list.  

AP?  What's that?

Edited by comtedumas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
712
[NUWES]
Members
3,292 posts
11,868 battles
10 hours ago, Titus_Pullo_13 said:

I have two missions that need to be completed.

One is an Arsonist badge and the other is 200 hits.

I think i'm a decent player but I'm finding it difficult with my current ships that are fire breathers: Dallas, Helena and Akizuki. The most i've achieved is about 150 hits. Once I get to about 100 hits, It seems i'm a target for every plane DD and ship and I'm hounded and dont last long?

Do I need other ships or do I suck?

 

Thoughts? 

 

Thanks

If you can do the 200 hits in co-op I would just do it there to get it done. Aki should be able to do it. Sail up with your allies behind you but to the side. When the bots fire on them and spot you, smoke up and they'll keep firing on the others so you can still see them. 

Arsonist is difficult because you need opponents to let the fires burn AND you need to stay alive. You also really need to farm it on BBs. Other ships don't have enough base health to take and don't burn long enough. I would use Helena and try to farm BBs from behind islands. UK BBs and IJN CAs are also pretty good at starting fires but Helena is quite good. If you are good with CVs you can also do it on USN and UK CVs. Indomitable virtually prints them IF you can play it well. 

The big issue with getting specific achievements is it is difficult to force it to happen when you want it. You pretty much just have to keep trying with a ship that is good at it, until you can get it. The only other suggestion I have is if you have multiple fires ticking on a ship stop shooting at it and shift to another ship. That's a recipe for losing games but you need the achievement not wins. (That's part of the reason why I don't like missions that require achievements.) 

Lastly, if that mission is part of a campaign and there is another mission available that you can use to satisfy it, take the other mission. Almost any mission that lets you make steady progress is better than missions that require a specific event that is hard to control. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,097
[WOLFG]
Members
31,346 posts
9,637 battles
10 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

If I want to be freaky, and burn it down on a weekend, none of WG business!🔥🔥🔥🔥🤣

 

I see what you did there....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,680
[WORX]
Members
11,960 posts
19,495 battles
3 minutes ago, Titus_Pullo_13 said:

Unfortunately its only valid in random battles 

Are those the only ships of choice to get it ???

The ATL or Flint are fun and fast to 300 hits... If you like higher battles de Smolensk if the big guns dont point at you often.

You can get Arsonist with other ship class as well.. So you like more tips on what to do, pick a ship and position yourself in were you have

  • Island cover 
    • OR
  • smoke cover

Both with break LOS as long as no other red ship is around these barriers and give you LOS to any big guns.

GL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
152 posts
5,243 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

Are those the only ships of choice to get it ???

 

No but the ships I have that can SPAM. I'm not running smoke on my AKi but maybe ill try it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,680
[WORX]
Members
11,960 posts
19,495 battles
3 minutes ago, Titus_Pullo_13 said:

No but the ships I have that can SPAM. I'm not running smoke on my AKi but maybe ill try it.

The equivalent I see in your choice of ships is the Helena.. It has 15 shots per salvo... In which its about 10 shots to 150 hits ideally if you aim correctly to where all of the shots land to score a "hit"

I would say the Helena is your best bet IMO, 20 salvos and you're dont with it... Aim for BBs (primary target selection, just to get the counter up), but cruisers and DDs can help too. 

GL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
152 posts
5,243 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

The equivalent I see in your choice of ships is the Helena.. It has 15 shots per salvo... In which its about 10 shots to 150 hits ideally if you aim correctly to where all of the shots land to score a "hit"

I would say the Helena is your best bet IMO, 20 salvos and you're dont with it... Aim for BBs (primary target selection, just to get the counter up), but cruisers and DDs can help too. 

GL

Thanks.. I like the Helena but BBs tend to shoot back when you burn them. I wish it had smoke,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,097
[WOLFG]
Members
31,346 posts
9,637 battles
1 hour ago, Titus_Pullo_13 said:

No but the ships I have that can SPAM. I'm not running smoke on my AKi but maybe ill try it.

Do you have any of the Russian CLs? they don't spam like an Akizuki or Atlanta, but the greater range gives you more positioning options.

IJN CAs from T7 up are decent, with high fire chance. 155mm Mogami is kind of a compromise, less (but still good) fire chance, but better ROF from 15 barrels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
152 posts
5,243 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

Do you have any of the Russian CLs? they don't spam like an Akizuki or Atlanta, but the greater range gives you more positioning options.

IJN CAs from T7 up are decent, with high fire chance. 155mm Mogami is kind of a compromise, less (but still good) fire chance, but better ROF from 15 barrels.

I have the Kiev and i like it but it I dont last long enough.... I'm targeted as soon as i start showing any success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,097
[WOLFG]
Members
31,346 posts
9,637 battles
52 minutes ago, Titus_Pullo_13 said:

I have the Kiev and i like it but it I dont last long enough.... I'm targeted as soon as i start showing any success.

I think most of mine were with Shchors TBH.

I like having the range and being in open water, you can flip back and forth between multiple targets if one gets obscured, or if one of them gets uppity lol, and relocate to somewhere else if you have to, without stopping shooting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
343
Members
1,797 posts
5,635 battles

Sailing USN CA/CL in open water is an acquired taste for sure. My ship availability differs a bit from yours. DD and CL are usually what put up those kinds of numbers for me though. I’ve managed that feat with Cleveland, Edinburgh, various VMF DD and USN DD...it really comes down to good positioning and staying alive...not easy for me, so I don’t do it often. 

For fire damage, I’ve had the best success shooting HE from BB or CA. I know it’s sacrilege for some to shoot HE from a BB, but when your targets are angling hard you can often land as much alpha and when you combine that with the fire chance...it’s a new thing for me. I won’t do it when their are cruisers to harvest, but sometimes. You could do it and make this mission your priority. Otherwise, bigger shells with their bigger fire chance are what work for me...I ran 203 Mogami and liked it a lot, for example. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×