Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
EraserNZ1

Captain skills changes

4 comments in this topic

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
349 posts
8,587 battles

When someone told me WG were changing the captain skills I was like yay we might get to customize our builds abit.

The biggest problem I have with the planed captain skill changes is that its just more of the same, Everyone is going to be using the same boring builds just like they do now. I personally would love it if each skill had lets say 20 points to max out the skill and every time you gained a captain lvl you would get 10 points to spend on skills. I think this will create some more specialized builds and some diversity instead of 99% of people running concealment on everything, they might only have 10 points in concealment or none at all if there is other more beneficial skills to them.

Members
1,005 posts
1,395 battles

My problem is that some skills might be "inapplicable" to ship types. And there are too many differences within types & exceptions to the rules. 

[POP]
Members
4,749 posts
12,813 battles
58 minutes ago, black_hull4 said:

My problem is that some skills might be "inapplicable" to ship types. And there are too many differences within types & exceptions to the rules. 

Pretty much my concerns as well, especially with the cruiser tree. The loss of some vital skills (fire reduction skills for large cruisers and tanky CAs like Moskva and Petro, no Last Stand for French/IJN cruisers that are notorious for protecting their steering and engines with wet papier-mâché, no AFT or BFT for DD caliber gunned cruisers like Atlanta and Smolensk) trying to shoehorn all cruisers into one classification is going to cause a lot of problems there. And then you have much more specialized builds, like full secondary Siegfried (aka the large cruiser that was just released not too long ago and teased/advertised as a strong secondary build cruiser) that's now gone with the changes.

Some of the proposed new skills for the different classes are worrying too (like the percent reduction of torpedo protection being linear for CVs, the Marksman skill for BBs that might as well just be renamed Slava), but the other classes aren't as likely to get shafted as much as cruisers since there's comparatively much less variety within the type. Destroyers are gunboat or torpboat focused for the most part, battleships tend to be either brawling/tanking (German/Russian) or second line support and flanking (US/IJN/French), but cruisers have everything from super light 'big DDs' to 'BB lite' large cruisers, with outlier lines and ships that don't fit into the normal 'this is a cruiser' playstyle.

Members
1,005 posts
1,395 battles
10 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

but cruisers have everything from super light 'big DDs' to 'BB lite' large cruisers, with outlier lines and ships that don't fit into the normal 'this is a cruiser' playstyle.

Let's not forget the German tier 6, 8, and 10 aircraft carriers armored cruisers with flight decks, that some players just don't use like other CV's.

Sign in to follow this