You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArIskandir

Waterline - How is it nobody is talking about Battle Royale coming to WoWS?

50 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
6,040 posts
4,980 battles

I just watched the Waterline vid and was mightily surprised, a lot of stuff going, and even more surprised the change to snowflakes is getting more light than a new game mode and the change to ranked.

Yes, Halloween event will be a test for Battle Royale mode. Will it work? I don't know but I'm curious in the extreme and will be glad to test it extensively.

I'm also glad they seem to be willing to risk opening the shackles of Random monopoly.

EDIT:

Dev Blog came out with details. It isn't Battle Royale. Tho, Ring format looks interesting for an event.

Edited by ArIskandir
Dev Blog
  • Boring 3

Members
1,072 posts
14,590 battles
Just now, ArIskandir said:

I just watched the Waterline vid and was mightily surprised, a lot of stuff going, and even more surprised the change to snowflakes is getting more light than a new game mode and the change to ranked.

Yes, Halloween event will be a test for Battle Royale mode. Will it work? I don't know but I'm curious in the extreme and will be glad to test it extensively.

I'm also glad they seem to be willing to risk opening the shackles of Random monopoly.

It is an event so limited time only.... like the Mc Ribb

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Because frankly I've disliked every Halloween event, and hated that they tie unrelated other content into the event, so I just don't pay attention to it any more.  

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
6,040 posts
4,980 battles
Just now, Salvo_Creative said:

It is an event so limited time only.... like the Mc Ribb

It is a test... back in the day, the first Halloween event I played was the test ground for Operations. I wasn't around for the Mc Ribb, but I guess it failed or was just a stopgap. This one is full Battle Royale, the impact it can have in how the game is played is huge. I mean, a new prime game mode. 

• Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
6,040 posts
4,980 battles
2 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Because frankly I've disliked every Halloween event, and hated that they tie unrelated other content into the event, so I just don't pay attention to it any more.  

Killjoy, this is Battle Royale for WoWS, I don't know if I'll like it or not, but it is a huge addition.

Members
1,072 posts
14,590 battles
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

It is a test... back in the day, the first Halloween event I played was the test ground for Operations. I wasn't around for the Mc Ribb, but I guess it failed or was just a stopgap. This one is full Battle Royale, the impact it can have in how the game is played is huge. I mean, a new prime game mode. 

LOL wa a joke, Mc Ribb is some McDonalds burger thing

[SALVO]
Members
6,040 posts
4,980 battles
1 minute ago, Salvo_Creative said:

LOL, you got me there mate. Halloween is always on the silly side, and I missed like 3 of them, so I didn't  discarded there was an  event where you sailed porkchops and shoot fries :Smile_playing:

[WOLFG]
Members
11,198 posts
10,466 battles
35 minutes ago, Salvo_Creative said:

A long time ago, I worked at McDonalds and cooked McRibbs.  I am not sure they are even meat.

Sold a whole lot of them though.

[SALVO]
Members
25,888 posts
28,251 battles
48 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Killjoy, this is Battle Royale for WoWS, I don't know if I'll like it or not, but it is a huge addition.

If battle royale means every player for himself, I'll never EVER play it.

[SALVO]
Members
6,040 posts
4,980 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

If battle royale means every player for himself, I'll never EVER play it.

More commonly it is Divs battling other Divisions. 3-4 ships teams battling it out to last man standing. 

[YOU]
Beta Testers
401 posts
6,141 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

Wasn't there the Post Apocalyptic event that was similar but with 4 teams?

[BB35]
Members
116 posts
20,809 battles
10 minutes ago, brym7 said:

Yea and you had to fight bots and potentially other players to get a resource to take with you to the exit point.

• Cool 1

[SCREW]
Members
390 posts
18,266 battles

Well, besides this being the first I'm hearing of it, I don't have much enthusiasm for a battle royale mode. It's not fun. If I wanna fight everyone on the map, I'll just play random. 

• Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Members
6,040 posts
4,980 battles
2 minutes ago, xTrowax said:

If I wanna fight everyone on the map, I'll just play random. 

Most probably, you'll be able to drop in Divisions... it is a different dynamic. You'll be fighting it out against other divisions.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,117 posts
4,173 battles

Tanks has Steel Hunter, which is a battle royale...hard to tell for sure but a good portion of the player base doesn't enjoy it. Part of the issue is that you are not using the tanks that you bought or grinded XP for, or the crews that you spent many thousands of matches in improving.  If you finish in the bottom 10 out of 20, you actually lose credits in the mode.  There is one queue for solo players and one queue for divisions, but there have been obvious cases of division mates sync dropping in the solo queue and working as a team. It needs a lot of work to fix the issues. 

Edited by Bonfor
  • Cool 1

[SCREW]
Members
390 posts
18,266 battles
32 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Most probably, you'll be able to drop in Divisions... it is a different dynamic. You'll be fighting it out against other divisions.

Then it's the scrap battles we had for a Halloween event a couple years ago. Which, again, wasn't fun. Look, I get it. Battle royale is popular for some reason on other games. Idk why. But that doesn't mean every game needs to have it as an option. It's just gonna be more time and resources wasted when they could be fixing the current issues we have, rather than causing new ones. 

• Cool 2

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,348 battles
2 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

This one is full Battle Royale, the impact it can have in how the game is played is huge. I mean, a new prime game mode. 

Sounds like a job for K I T A K A M I !

• Haha 1

Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles
51 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

Tanks has Steel Hunter, which is a battle royale...hard to tell for sure but a good portion of the player base doesn't enjoy it. Part of the issue is that you are not using the tanks that you bought or grinded XP for, or the crews that you spent many thousands of matches in improving.  If you finish in the bottom 10 out of 20, you actually lose credits in the mode.  There is one queue for solo players and one queue for divisions, but there have been obvious cases of division mates sync dropping in the solo queue and working as a team. It needs a lot of work to fix the issues. 

I never liked that mode, rather do the op German tank event than another SH one and they have 4 phases for the Anniversary ?

Nope not something for me, I mean I get that this is an fps but it's not.

[WMD]
Members
1,780 posts
10,124 battles

It will be interesting to see how it goes. The last time they did this is was the DD only event, with special ships based on T10 DD models. 

Hopefully this time they will expand the ship types available, and make the ships less gimmicky. My least favourite part of most of the event ships is how they don't move and shoot like the normal ships in game. 

1 hour ago, brym7 said:

Yes, and it was not my cup of tea because of the ships. I'm a DD main, and I disliked the mode immensely for the reason stated above. 

29 minutes ago, xTrowax said:

Then it's the scrap battles we had for a Halloween event a couple years ago. Which, again, wasn't fun. Look, I get it. Battle royale is popular for some reason on other games. Idk why. But that doesn't mean every game needs to have it as an option. It's just gonna be more time and resources wasted when they could be fixing the current issues we have, rather than causing new ones. 

Players scream that WG never releases new game modes, but as soon as they explore options people scream at them for wasting time when they should be "fixing"* what's already in game. It's little wonder that WG seems to not pay much attention to what the forums say. 

*Put three players in a thread about what needs fixing, and you'll get five different opinions on what needs to be done. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Royale with Cheese, more like...

Yeah, you made me go look at it again ... :Smile_popcorn::Smile-_tongue:

[7AES]
Members
2,164 posts
33,522 battles
2 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

A long time ago, I worked at McDonalds and cooked McRibbs.  I am not sure they are even meat.

Sold a whole lot of them though.

It’s the BBQ sauce. Slather enough BBQ sauce on a cow pie and someone will eat it.

• Haha 1

[CMFRT]
Modder
984 posts
2,391 battles
3 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Its really not that huge.... every game has a battle royale mode these days... and most of them are trash... I wouldnt expect WoWs' to be any better.

[WOLFO]
Members
594 posts
5,502 battles

i may try it, but not especially enthused about it. I will likely try for any low hanging fruit. As dockyard.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,198 posts
10,466 battles
8 hours ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

It’s the BBQ sauce. Slather enough BBQ sauce on a cow pie and someone will eat it.

Truth