You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GSXstage1

Replay Review

14 comments in this topic

[TIGRB]
Members
900 posts
17,118 battles

Hello all.

Hey I've never had a replay reviewed. Even though I'm a vet of WOW, 4 years, I'm a very average player. Was wondering if some good players could look this over and give me some tips, hints and maybe some credit as it's my best game in Gadjah Mada.

Thanks! 

20200923_133325_PZSD107-Gadjah-Mada_19_OC_prey.wowsreplay

Screenshot (47).png

Screenshot (48).png

Screenshot (49).png

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[META_]
Members
1,660 posts
17,317 battles
1 hour ago, GSXstage1 said:

Hello all.

Hey I've never had a replay reviewed. Even though I'm a vet of WOW, 4 years, I'm a very average player. Was wondering if some good players could look this over and give me some tips, hints and maybe some credit as it's my best game in Gadjah Mada.

Thanks! 

Screenshot (47).png

Screenshot (48).png

Screenshot (49).png

Hello captain  , i can take a look at it later today but not sure if you're being troll or want an honest review. The damage in this game is 4 times the average damage you do in her, thats not a bad thing but is it fair to review a video that you had a so for out of your norm? My youtube channel Meta_Man2002 has lots of DD videos and speak for how I play them. Let me know either way.gg and please subscribe if my channel if my videos or advice are helpful..happy hunting captain :cap_rambo:

• Thanks 1

[CHBK]
Members
1,041 posts
3,938 battles

Agree with meta man, if you want a replay to be reviewed for "pointers", you should share a replay that is more indicative of your typical performance. 

I have ships I mostly do bad in, but have had the odd amazing game in them as well.  The bad games are what I want to stop from happening.  So I am not going to share a game I punched above my weight.

i.e. my highest damage games usually result from situations that don't normally happen game to game.  i.e. the enemy team was playing exceptionally bad, nobody was focusing me for some reason, my aim was just inhumanly on point that game, RNGesus graced me with his gifts...you get the picture.

I also have ships where the BAD games are the rare ones and I know exactly how I screwed up when I have one, so I really don't need assistance (i.e. in my case the Massachusetts or Atago).  However, the Conqueror, I could really use some guidance in.

Playing with good people also helps where they can critique your play in real time.  

i.e. guess where in the graph I started regularly diving with and listening and learning from a unicum player.  (the long flat line was basically a point I was busy with work, moving and not playing much).

image.thumb.png.2f98320b446fe102e68ccfef41875142.png

Edited by Taco_De_Moist

[TIGRB]
Members
900 posts
17,118 battles
1 hour ago, Meta_Man said:

Hello captain  , i can take a look at it later today but not sure if you're being troll or want an honest review. The damage in this game is 4 times the average damage you do in her, thats not a bad thing but is it fair to review a video that you had a so for out of your norm? My youtube channel Meta_Man2002 has lots of DD videos and speak for how I play them. Let me know either way.gg and please subscribe if my channel if my videos or advice are helpful..happy hunting captain :cap_rambo:

As I said it is the best game I've had in this DD. I am getting better in some DD's but struggle in others. I want an honest review, period.

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles
31 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

As I said it is the best game I've had in this DD. I am getting better in some DD's but struggle in others. I want an honest review, period.

Honest review of the best game you ever had? 

Do whatever you did there every time. 

not sure which part you don’t understand that reviewing the best game you’ve had in it isn’t going to provide a lot of information.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[FML]
Members
4,122 posts
16,057 battles
3 hours ago, GSXstage1 said:

Hello all.

Thanks! 

Screenshot (47).png

Screenshot (48).png

Screenshot (49).png

Honestly, the best review of that battle would be done by yourself. 

When you re-watch it, ask yourself why each decision you took was right, but what would you normally have done there? We can’t help with that latter insight because you haven’t provided a typical match to critique. 

Going forward, you should also get in touch with @Lord_Zath and his replay centre. 

Good luck!

[TIGRB]
Members
900 posts
17,118 battles
1 hour ago, _ENO_ said:

Honest review of the best game you ever had? 

Do whatever you did there every time. 

not sure which part you don’t understand that reviewing the best game you’ve had in it isn’t going to provide a lot of information.

Can't I have a better player than me look at it? Is their something wrong with that?

[TIGRB]
Members
900 posts
17,118 battles
44 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Honestly, the best review of that battle would be done by yourself. 

When you re-watch it, ask yourself why each decision you took was right, but what would you normally have done there? We can’t help with that latter insight because you haven’t provided a typical match to critique. 

Going forward, you should also get in touch with @Lord_Zath and his replay centre. 

Good luck!

I have submitted reviews to him for a long while now and have never had one reviewed. I am not forcing anyone to look at it.

[MHG]
Members
332 posts
20,262 battles

Alright. Much noise made here, I had to look into it. The end game results screen promised much inside. Sadly, it wasn't so and it makes sense why the average damage is less than 1/4th of this game.

If are looking for someone to give exemplary praises, simply skip this comment.

Now for the feedback:

1. AA - NO, ABSOLUTELY NO DD must start a match keeping their AA on. Much less keep it on for a whole STRAIGHT 17 minutes of the match. You were very lucky the opposite CV player was quite new and understandable bad (look up his stats for yourself).

2. Pan Asian DD torps - DO NOT HIT DDs. Your first offensive fire was both of your torps at red DDs quite far away who were also in the process of accelerating. Your torps wouldn't have reached them and if it did (it didn't) it wouldn't have armed as they are deep water torpedoes. You then attempted to fire your guns at them, 3 salvos in all, none of which were remotely close to the mark.

3. You racked up quite a bit of damage, which is good. But you happened to get lucky that a) the CV did not focus you, b) the enemy BBs most of whom you farmed from the safety of your smoke were in a really poor position of the map and did not leave the west cap even after noticing there was an enemy DD  nearby, while their own DD was killed early by your CV. You also tended to miss torps on any battleships who showed the remotest sign of using WASD because you torp at the white line. The biggest blunder of the sort (apart from the DD torp attempt above) was you torping the Hipper who was already mid-turn at the white indicator. Those had 0 chance of landing. You need to get better at judging where the enemy will move. While no one can read the minds of enemy players, always depending on the indicator is not a great way to go about it.

4. You got a devastating strike on the Normandie sailing in straight line, but that was from inside your detection radius, where you wandered because you were looking at the Amagi and not paying attention to anything else. Hard to miss point blank torps and I'm glad you didn't.

5. In the end you could have gotten a kill on the enemy CV, but you were so focused on shooting him and did not pay attention to the fact that you were sailing at full speed and ended up going behind an island and didn't get the kill. You really need to work on being able to pay attention to more than one task at a time.

6. Near the end of the match you also wanted your Fuso (T6) near the middle cap (D4 square) to somehow go and help the CV with the Wichita (T8) at the I5 square. Not sure if you know how fast T6 BBs are, but hw wouldn't have been able to reach there in time whatsoever, so it was a good thing he didn't turn around and waste time. Also, it was a good thing your CV was decent enough to be able to defend himself and kill the Wichita on his own.

In conclusion, not much can be said about sitting in smoke and farming damage on battleships / torping battleships that move in straight lines or are stationary / from point blank range. When you get the opportunity to do any of these, take them, but if you depend on enemy CVs not spotting you, enemy BBs who are not good and sail in straight lines, then your average damage will be closer to 31,110 instead of the admittedly incredible numbers you posted here. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2

Members
226 posts
8,711 battles
14 minutes ago, OnociTsalk said:

2. Pan Asian DD torps - DO NOT HIT DDs. Your first offensive fire was both of your torps at red DDs quite far away who were also in the process of accelerating. Your torps wouldn't have reached them and if it did (it didn't) it wouldn't have armed as they are deep water torpedoes. You then attempted to fire your guns at them, 3 salvos in all, none of which were remotely close to the mark.

I didn't watch the replay but - really?! OP doesn't appear to know this crucial detail about Pan Asian torps?

[TIGRB]
Members
900 posts
17,118 battles
3 hours ago, OnociTsalk said:

Alright. Much noise made here, I had to look into it. The end game results screen promised much inside. Sadly, it wasn't so and it makes sense why the average damage is less than 1/4th of this game.

If are looking for someone to give exemplary praises, simply skip this comment.

Now for the feedback:

1. AA - NO, ABSOLUTELY NO DD must start a match keeping their AA on. Much less keep it on for a whole STRAIGHT 17 minutes of the match. You were very lucky the opposite CV player was quite new and understandable bad (look up his stats for yourself).

3. You racked up quite a bit of damage, which is good. But you happened to get lucky that a) the CV did not focus you, b) the enemy BBs most of whom you farmed from the safety of your smoke were in a really poor position of the map and did not leave the west cap even after noticing there was an enemy DD  nearby, while their own DD was killed early by your CV. You also tended to miss torps on any battleships who showed the remotest sign of using WASD because you torp at the white line. The biggest blunder of the sort (apart from the DD torp attempt above) was you torping the Hipper who was already mid-turn at the white indicator. Those had 0 chance of landing. You need to get better at judging where the enemy will move. While no one can read the minds of enemy players, always depending on the indicator is not a great way to go about it.

4. You got a devastating strike on the Normandie sailing in straight line, but that was from inside your detection radius, where you wandered because you were looking at the Amagi and not paying attention to anything else. Hard to miss point blank torps and I'm glad you didn't.

5. In the end you could have gotten a kill on the enemy CV, but you were so focused on shooting him and did not pay attention to the fact that you were sailing at full speed and ended up going behind an island and didn't get the kill. You really need to work on being able to pay attention to more than one task at a time.

6. Near the end of the match you also wanted your Fuso (T6) near the middle cap (D4 square) to somehow go and help the CV with the Wichita (T8) at the I5 square. Not sure if you know how fast T6 BBs are, but hw wouldn't have been able to reach there in time whatsoever, so it was a good thing he didn't turn around and waste time. Also, it was a good thing your CV was decent enough to be able to defend himself and kill the Wichita on his own.

In conclusion, not much can be said about sitting in smoke and farming damage on battleships / torping battleships that move in straight lines or are stationary / from point blank range. When you get the opportunity to do any of these, take them, but if you depend on enemy CVs not spotting you, enemy BBs who are not good and sail in straight lines, then your average damage will be closer to 31,110 instead of the admittedly incredible numbers you posted here. 

Thank you, I know I'm a bad player and I got what I wanted. Have a great night.

[TIGRB]
Members
900 posts
17,118 battles

Yes..I forgot about Asian Deep Water torps in this game..My Bad and noted. Thank you.

So all you average and below average players take heart! It is possible not to be good, do everything wrong in a battle and STILL have a good game! Lol.:cap_horn:

Edited by GSXstage1
  • Cool 2

[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, WoWS Community Contributors, Wiki Editor
6,010 posts
22,527 battles

Appreciate the referral!  OP, feel free to e-mail me (see signature) or join my Discord https://discord.gg/5y2Nrx7 I stream Sundays 12-6pm on Twitch (twitch.tv/lord_zath) and post the replay streams on my YouTube after (youtube.com/lord_zath). 

That said, this week's patch and KOTS means we can't do replay analysis for this current patch sorry!