You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Waterline NA Community Time with Shonai and Hapa_Fodder

33 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,323 posts
14,735 battles

Aloha,

This weeks stream is going to be a bit different than normal! We are going to have @shonai_ and I on the official World of Warships Twitch Channel! On Friday the 25th at 1600 Central time (4pm) until 1800 Central time (6pm).

We will be talking about our future plans that are discussed in our Waterline video series!

We'd like to invite you to the stream to inform you about what's coming in the near future: new Commander skills, changes to submarines, new ships, temporary modes, and much more!

Feel free to come and ask questions about the content coming to World of Warships Shonai is one of our developers and he will be available during this stream for that specifically!

Don't forget to have your WG account and Twitch accounts to get the channel specific as well as random Twitch drops!

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

[HEDGE]
[HEDGE]
Members
2 posts
698 battles

This is an in game suggestion but I couldn't find anywhere else to put it. A lot of players want an in game trading system but they figure WG wont add it because people wont buy credits and just trade them. What if you made it so trading things cost doubloons so they would still have to buy doubloons. Maybe make it so that you have too have 1000 games to trade a ship or certain amount of credits so that you don't have newbies in T10 games. This is just my Idea. 

Edited by Admiral_Spikey
  • Cool 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,589 posts
21,091 battles

Question for the panel:

If you switch flakes to be based around BXP, how will you keep Randoms from becoming thoroughly toxic as players start trying to yolo to get ## base XP in the shortest amount of time possible, then dying so they can move on to the next ship? After all, that's literally the reason we all did it in co-op, to get the fast cycle times and burn through the 300+ ships some of us have in port.

• Cool 4
  • Meh 1

[CRF]
Members
926 posts
8,754 battles
29 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Question for the panel:

If you switch flakes to be based around BXP, how will you keep Randoms from becoming thoroughly toxic as players start trying to yolo to get ## base XP in the shortest amount of time possible, then dying so they can move on to the next ship? After all, that's literally the reason we all did it in co-op, to get the fast cycle times and burn through the 300+ ships some of us have in port.

^^^^^^ What he said!!!!

• Confused 1

[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
47 posts
8,472 battles

Hapa... where are the missiles!  I want my Talos Terrier and Tartar.  YouTube it, you know I have no idea how to attach a link

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
7,341 posts
23,226 battles
7 hours ago, Edgecase said:

Question for the panel:

6 hours ago, sonoasailor said:

^^^^^^ What he said!!!!

Just going off of, "comfortable in random" & the fact they are removing the win requirement...

Sounds like that equates to "comfortable in random...in a loss"... I'm conjecturing same as Naval Battles 1st level...300(ish).

Maybe 300 for tiers 5-7/400 for 8 & 9/& 500 for T10.

Doesn't sound like the amount is going to be very high...& it also doesn't say that co-op is being excluded for those that have a trillion ships & want the fast game option...just that the concerns of those that abhor co-op are being addressed for random mains that don't wanna have to carry spuds across the finish line to be able to easily complete them in random.

Doubt they are gonna try to make insane grinds for co-op players (& don't think they are trying to make people w/300 ships need to grind out 600 battles to finish them...in any mode)...they know the money there (as unexpected as it was when it 1st occured) & don't want to just flush it.

Hopefully all will be revealed on Friday & we don't need to wait until Xmas time to find out.

My 2¢ (...actually fell out of the hole in my pocket years ago... haven't really had any sense since then. But if you look on the ground...I'm sure you'll find my 2¢ laying around somewhere).

• Funny 1

[JHF]
[JHF]
Members
273 posts
5,019 battles

"So you can comfortably complete all of you Snowflakes in random battles"  I laughed at that one.  I have a better joke though!  Why not make snowflake rewards only in ranked battles?

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles
11 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Just going off of, "comfortable in random" & the fact they are removing the win requirement...

Sounds like that equates to "comfortable in random...in a loss"... I'm conjecturing same as Naval Battles 1st level...300(ish).

Maybe 300 for tiers 5-7/400 for 8 & 9/& 500 for T10.

Doesn't sound like the amount is going to be very high...& it also doesn't say that co-op is being excluded for those that have a trillion ships & want the fast game option...just that the concerns of those that abhor co-op are being addressed for random mains that don't wanna have to carry spuds across the finish line to be able to easily complete them in random.

Doubt they are gonna try to make insane grinds for co-op players (& don't think they are trying to make people w/300 ships need to grind out 600 battles to finish them...in any mode)...they know the money there (as unexpected as it was when it 1st occured) & don't want to just flush it.

Hopefully all will be revealed on Friday & we don't need to wait until Xmas time to find out.

My 2¢ (...actually fell out of the hole in my pocket years ago... haven't really had any sense since then. But if you look on the ground...I'm sure you'll find my 2¢ laying around somewhere).

Don't underestimate Wg'ing capability to make everything a grind.

Honestly this is my biggest gripe about WG.  I am currently trying to balance playing ranks, completing the Dockyard directives and finish the Strong Willed campaign but there are so many restrictions on what ship class you can play, ship tier you can play and game mode you can play coupled with deadlines to complete and  tasks that require victory as a conditions....when the MM put you on potato teams 80% of the time,  that there just isn't enough time in the day to try to participate in everything that WG'ing has going on.  I am so burnt out right now chasing all this....generally playing every ship except the ones I want to actually play because of the restrictions, that I am considering throwing up my hand and finding a game that is actually fun to play.....not a job.

I would honestly love WG to completely revamp these things so that you could just play what you want, in whatever mode you wanted and complete the objectives win or lose so at least you could feel like there has been some sort of progress.

• Cool 1

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,323 posts
14,735 battles

Folks,

Though we did not say this in the Waterline video. The idea behind this change is to give you an "OR" option.

SO, a Victory in Coop/Random battles (the way it was done before) OR meet a base XP requirement (which we haven't quantified yet). This will actually be a good thing for our PvE community because this would mean that players don't have to flood Coop to clear these.

If you're just grinding a ship or want to play random, you'll it'll open the ability for you to still clear them even if you don't win a battle.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

[2O2O]
Members
14 posts

"Though we did not say this in the Waterline video. The idea behind this change is to give you an "OR" option."

First, thanks for the clarification. 

I think the "OR" option would be an important and well received point to make during the video. While I get the idea the XP point values have not been finalized, mentioning the "OR" option would have bought some good press. Especially for frustrated players trying to clear containers in the current Birthday event in Randoms that could not because of potato teams. 

Better messaging will help.  

[SANC]
Members
184 posts
2,965 battles
3 hours ago, Midnitewolf said:

I would honestly love WG to completely revamp these things so that you could just play what you want, in whatever mode you wanted and complete the objectives win or lose so at least you could feel like there has been some sort of progress.

Agreed.

They also need to buff Co-Op to have the same rewards as Random Battles for the same reason as above. (It also makes it a lot harder to advance up the tech trees in Co-Op when you're getting a pitiful level of EXP and Credits for each battle.)

That being said, I really can't wait for the Santa Containers to start coming out. (Missouri, here I come!)

[PVE]
Members
7,341 posts
23,226 battles
7 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Folks,

Though we did not say this in the Waterline video. The idea behind this change is to give you an "OR" option.

SO, a Victory in Coop/Random battles (the way it was done before) OR meet a base XP requirement (which we haven't quantified yet). This will actually be a good thing for our PvE community because this would mean that players don't have to flood Coop to clear these.

If you're just grinding a ship or want to play random, you'll it'll open the ability for you to still clear them even if you don't win a battle.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

But wait...that can't be right...

WG is trying to make every body quit because they don't understand (because they don't care about) their player base...

Please edit that comment to reflect the facts of the player base that obviously know better :Smile_izmena:

(I won't change my HaHa back to a Thank You until you tell the truth)

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Confused 1

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
736 posts
9,801 battles
4 hours ago, Saphira123456 said:

Agreed.

They also need to buff Co-Op to have the same rewards as Random Battles for the same reason as above. (It also makes it a lot harder to advance up the tech trees in Co-Op when you're getting a pitiful level of EXP and Credits for each battle.)

That being said, I really can't wait for the Santa Containers to start coming out. (Missouri, here I come!)

I don't foresee a buff to Co-Op battles when players win those 97% of the time.  Randoms have stronger XP & credit rewards because the risk (of losing the battle & credits) is larger, the opponents (potato or not) are more formidable, and the battles generally last longer.   As a Co-Op main, I've been reminded this week how much tougher human players are when in my quest to do KOTS missions in random per the requirements, I've been getting my snout punched regularly by the more worthy Random tier 8 opponents.  :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

[USNR]
Members
2 posts
6,643 battles
On 9/23/2020 at 4:20 PM, IamSoLost said:

Hapa... where are the missiles!  I want my Talos Terrier and Tartar.  YouTube it, you know I have no idea how to attach a link

I was aboard the USS Columbus CG-12, USS Albany CG-10, USS Oklahoma CLG-5, all TALOS and the William V. Pratt DLG-44, TERRIER.

[KOBK]
Members
38 posts
7,763 battles
10 hours ago, GMMCRET said:

I was aboard the USS Columbus CG-12, USS Albany CG-10, USS Oklahoma CLG-5, all TALOS and the William V. Pratt DLG-44, TERRIER.

On 9/23/2020 at 2:20 PM, IamSoLost said:

No No to missiles.  I imagine that would change the game completely.  WWS is not a simulation so we don't have to mimic everything the modern navies have.   As a former "SKYPILOT" I like the feel of WWS as a game of skill that I can work on to improve my gaming experience.  We need a game where there is a challenge to get better and better without buying the latest "broken" ship.  I enjoy the game (the only game I play) but I personally find that proper skill training materials are difficult to find.  Thank God for the Twitch and Youtube games by contributors.

[PVE]
Members
7,341 posts
23,226 battles
On 9/23/2020 at 10:27 AM, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

This weeks stream is going to be a bit different than normal! We are going to have @shonai_ and I on the official World of Warships Twitch Channel! On Friday the 25th at 1600 Central time (4pm) until 1800 Central time (6pm).

We will be talking about our future plans that are discussed in our Waterline video series!

We'd like to invite you to the stream to inform you about what's coming in the near future: new Commander skills, changes to submarines, new ships, temporary modes, and much more!

Feel free to come and ask questions about the content coming to World of Warships Shonai is one of our developers and he will be available during this stream for that specifically!

Don't forget to have your WG account and Twitch accounts to get the channel specific as well as random Twitch drops!

Mahalo,

-Hapa

So I missed this...is there a place to see the replay?

On phone...a link would be nice :-)

[SANC]
Members
184 posts
2,965 battles
On 9/24/2020 at 5:50 PM, Altwar said:

I don't foresee a buff to Co-Op battles when players win those 97% of the time.  Randoms have stronger XP & credit rewards because the risk (of losing the battle & credits) is larger, the opponents (potato or not) are more formidable, and the battles generally last longer.   As a Co-Op main, I've been reminded this week how much tougher human players are when in my quest to do KOTS missions in random per the requirements, I've been getting my snout punched regularly by the more worthy Random tier 8 opponents.  :Smile_teethhappy:

I can agree with you on there, but what about those Co-Op mains who don't want the grind of going through thousands more games because of lower XP rewards?

Some of us (like me) just wanna collect ships or get to specific ships in a hurry, and couldn't care less about the PvP.

Personally I'm almost done with my collection. Only Yamato, Missouri, I-401 and the Type-21 U-Boat to go.

After that, I'm outta here!

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
736 posts
9,801 battles
3 hours ago, Saphira123456 said:

I can agree with you on there, but what about those Co-Op mains who don't want the grind of going through thousands more games because of lower XP rewards?

Some of us (like me) just wanna collect ships or get to specific ships in a hurry, and couldn't care less about the PvP.

Personally I'm almost done with my collection. Only Yamato, Missouri, I-401 and the Type-21 U-Boat to go.

After that, I'm outta here!

I'm basically one of those Co-Op mains, playing mostly Co-Ops on the weekdays and then playing a few randoms on the weekend, maybe.  
And while I have 100 or so ships now, there's probably a few more I'd like to have but am likely thousands of co-op battles away from getting there.

So what do you do? 
Well as I'm semi-pursuing the gothic camo for the Bismarck (a ship I don't even have yet), I've gone about playing more scenario battles, which are a bit faster in rewards.   
And I've played some tier 8 random battles on the weekend with ships I felt I'd not be a total disaster with and gained some decent ground in fewer battles than I would have in Co-Op.
But the story remains the same:  want bigger rewards?  Take on bigger risks.  In Co-Ops, the risks are minor and so are the rewards.   In randoms (pvp), the risks are much stronger but then so are the rewards and achievements can actually be earned there.

[SANC]
Members
184 posts
2,965 battles
6 hours ago, Altwar said:

I'm basically one of those Co-Op mains, playing mostly Co-Ops on the weekdays and then playing a few randoms on the weekend, maybe.  
And while I have 100 or so ships now, there's probably a few more I'd like to have but am likely thousands of co-op battles away from getting there.

So what do you do? 
Well as I'm semi-pursuing the gothic camo for the Bismarck (a ship I don't even have yet), I've gone about playing more scenario battles, which are a bit faster in rewards.   
And I've played some tier 8 random battles on the weekend with ships I felt I'd not be a total disaster with and gained some decent ground in fewer battles than I would have in Co-Op.
But the story remains the same:  want bigger rewards?  Take on bigger risks.  In Co-Ops, the risks are minor and so are the rewards.   In randoms (pvp), the risks are much stronger but then so are the rewards and achievements can actually be earned there.

Here's the deal with "bigger risks",

I've lost more progress by even attempting the "bigger risks" than you can imagine.

-$2,000,000 (that's NEGATIVE TWO MILLION credits) from a single TIER SEVEN battle (Colorado). And guess what I got in terms of XP (other than last place)?

A rather pathetic TWO XP.

This was despite performing at a level that got me POSITIVE TWO MILLION credits and FIRST PLACE in TIER 9 CO-OP.
So, what this essentially means is that in Co-Op, I'm a unicum. Meanwhile in Randoms, I'm a potato.

And these kinds of "rewards" for PvP are not only consistent for me, but also disastrous.

My take from that was this: With "rewards" like that, who needs punishments?
Because the only reality you face in PvP, is the certain loss of all your credits and any interest this game has.

Meaning: "Bigger risks = massive fail".

And by the way, anyone who says "that's impossible" or "[edited]" can just shut up.

Edited by Saphira123456

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
1 hour ago, Saphira123456 said:

I've lost more progress by even attempting the "bigger risks" than you can imagine.

-$2,000,000 (that's NEGATIVE TWO MILLION credits) from a single TIER SEVEN battle (Colorado). And guess what I got in terms of XP (other than last place)?

This was despite performing at a level that got me POSITIVE TWO MILLION credits and FIRST PLACE in TIER 9 CO-OP.
So, what this essentially means is that in Co-Op, I'm a unicum. Meanwhile in Randoms, I'm a potato.

And these kinds of "rewards" for PvP are not only consistent for me, but also disastrous.

Because the only reality you face in PvP, is the certain loss of all your credits and any interest this game has.

And by the way, anyone who says "that's impossible" or "[edited]" can just shut up.

2 exp and -2 million credits? You had to be team killing to get that. The lowest ive gotten without team killing was 89, and i did nothing. 0 Damage, 0 spotting damage, 0 aircraft destroyed etc.

Ive lost money three times in COOP and they all involved my ROON getting blown up before i could do my HP in health.

By the way, your stats are easily looked up. exaggerating for effect doesnt do any good.

[TIMT]
Members
1,145 posts
1 hour ago, Saphira123456 said:

I will ignore the last part and call you out on some inconsistencies here:

2xp seems unrealisticaly low, either you have something like 0 for being AFK or at least like 100+ for doing anything. Maybe your AA shot at a passing plane and that is why?

Next is the question of how the f*** would you have lost 2M credits when the baseline T7 tech tree ship costs are 42K? Even the shells are only 150 each, meaning theoretically you could fire only 40*9 shells (with a 30s reload) over the 20 minutes. Meaning another 54k. So wth have you spend 1.9M credits per battle on? Even them monetary value of signals and flags does not cover this.

And I doubt that the performance would have gotten you 2M in coop. Everyone is a super-extreme-unicum in COOP, as the average WR in coop is around 96%.

So, screenshots or did not happen. Nice troll though

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
2 minutes ago, shinytrashcan said:

2xp seems unrealisticaly low, either you have something like 0 for being AFK or at least like 100+ for doing anything. Maybe your AA shot at a passing plane and that is why?

Next is the question of how the f*** would you have lost 2M credits when the baseline T7 tech tree ship costs are 42K? Even the shells are only 150 each, meaning theoretically you could fire only 40*9 shells (with a 30s reload) over the 20 minutes. Meaning another 54k. So wth have you spend 1.9M credits per battle on? Even them monetary value of signals and flags does not cover this.

And I doubt that the performance would have gotten you 2M in coop. Everyone is a super-extreme-unicum in COOP, as the average WR in coop is around 96%.

I mean, not everyones a unicum in PVE even.

https://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1002763388,Saphira123456/?type=pve

VS

https://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1035695097,Princess_Daystar/?type=pve

Edited by Princess_Daystar

[SANC]
Members
184 posts
2,965 battles
3 minutes ago, shinytrashcan said:

6 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

2 exp and -2 million credits? You had to be team killing to get that. The lowest ive gotten without team killing was 89, and i did nothing. 0 Damage, 0 spotting damage, 0 aircraft destroyed etc.

Ive lost money three times in COOP and they all involved my ROON getting blown up before i could do my HP in health.

By the way, your stats are easily looked up. exaggerating for effect doesnt do any good.

No trolling and no lies. No exaggeration either.

Let me be clear, I don't care what your opinion of my performance is, I'm reporting the facts. What I say is what happened, no ifs, ands or asses about it.

And your opinion is like your [edited]. It doesn't matter to this discussion, so shove it where it belongs.

You're not getting screenshots. If you don't believe me that's your problem, not mine.

Edited by Saphira123456