You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
contag10n

Bourgogne, Now or Wait?

9 comments in this topic

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
603 posts
12,380 battles

There are 2 steel ships currently in the armory that I do not have. Shiki and Burger, I have no interest in FDR if it is steel as rumored.

Likely no other steel ships to be added by mid December, maybe, probably, IDK.

Not interested in Shiki, as I have Yami and they are too similar.

So, should I go ahead and get the burger and that extra SC (cause I NEED more ramming flags) or Wait til December?

[BUOY]
Members
1,128 posts
15,570 battles
11 minutes ago, contag10n said:

There are 2 steel ships currently in the armory that I do not have. Shiki and Burger, I have no interest in FDR if it is steel as rumored.

Likely no other steel ships to be added by mid December, maybe, probably, IDK.

Not interested in Shiki, as I have Yami and they are too similar.

So, should I go ahead and get the burger and that extra SC (cause I NEED more ramming flags) or Wait til December?

1. If you don't have the coupon I'd say no steel ship is worth the full asking price since you never know when WG will release something awesome... and then make it a steel ship...

2. That said the Burgerone is a T10 megabuffed Alsace and IMO one of the most fun ships in the game. There's also no better time to buy than now for the included SC.

Edited by lloyd1701
  • Cool 1

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
335 posts
24,172 battles

All my special T10 ship purchase decisions will be done on 9/29...

[TOG]
Members
207 posts
11,193 battles

I'm with Lloyd. I have the Bourgogne. I am an aggressive player, love to brawl.

If you like the Bismarck, German secondary spec type play, the Republic and Alsace then you will love it.

Reload booster combined with speed boost, makes it so you can zoom in, blast a ship with a 12 shell salvo, surprise him with another one seconds later, all the while blasting with aggressive secondaries lighting him on fire, then kite away well above 36 knots.

As his team tries to punish you, all their shells fall in your wake.

Oh and great AA.

I bought it using a coupon. 

Highly recommended.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
28,780 posts
25,041 battles

The only weaknesses Bourgogne has is the same as the day she released:  She's coated in 32mm armor which all the HE Spammers will easily farm, and her very low 74.7k HP pool is extremely low for a Tier X Battleship.

Offensively she's magnificent, the French 380mm guns have strong AP power.  She has 12 of them.  The FR 380mm AP rivals larger 16" 406mm-420mm AP shell performance in terms of penetration.  She has MBRB consumable access like Jean Bart, and if the chance comes up, just like JB, BG will hammer people.  With MBM3 slotted she can reload at 24.64 seconds, which is very good for 12 very strong rifles.

If Secondary Spec is your thing, she relies on the larger 127mm gun and not the low pen 100mm guns that can't even pen High Tier DD Hulls.  127mm will get the job done, and they're good fire starters.

But staying power is an issue, as well as FR BB Dispersion, which is the worst BB dispersion in the game.  HP pools:

Tier X Bourgogne / Tier IX Alsace 74.7k

Republique 92.4k

Thunderer /Conkeke 82.9k

Kremlin 108.3k

Montana / Ohio 96.3k

Yamato / Shikashima 97.2k

GK 105.8k

She has Tier IX BB HP pool and the 32mm armor all around means she is prone to HE spam taking her down.  Get a few spammers on you and she's going to fold quick.

Conqueror has low HP and 32mm armor also, but she has Mega-Super-Healz.

Thunderer is in a similar spot as Bourgogne with 32mm armor all around and a low HP pool.  If Thunderer players can get around, maybe Bourgogne can too.  But Thunderer has really gimmicked up gunnery that she still benefits from being at range, while FR BBs are pretty inconsistent BB gunners.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
603 posts
12,380 battles
3 hours ago, lloyd1701 said:

1. If you don't have the coupon I'd say no steel ship is worth the full asking price since you never know when WG will release something awesome... and then make it a steel ship...

2. That said the Burgerone is a T10 megabuffed Alsace and IMO one of the most fun ships in the game. There's also no better time to buy than now for the included SC.

Oh, I would only consider a steel boat if I have a coupon.

I really enjoyed the Ritchie. 

Alsace, just never could get good MM in it. Only 39 games so small sample size. Did enjoy it.

Never have played the JB much, don't know why.

The question I guess is spend the steel or wait on something else. Right now most of my T10 BBs matches are in the Thunderer.

[BUOY]
Members
1,128 posts
15,570 battles
4 minutes ago, contag10n said:

Oh, I would only consider a steel boat if I have a coupon.

I really enjoyed the Ritchie. 

Alsace, just never could get good MM in it. Only 39 games so small sample size. Did enjoy it.

Never have played the JB much, don't know why.

The question I guess is spend the steel or wait on something else. Right now most of my T10 BBs matches are in the Thunderer.

I'd say go for it now then since if the next steel ship is the FDR, WG will almost certainly hold off releasing even more steel ships for a good while since they like to time those releases to coupon refreshes. Here are the 'potential' steel boats in order:

1. FDR - Aside from a last minute switch to the RB or PR disaster pt2, I'd trust the dataminers that she's the next steel boat

2. PR disaster redux - It's been 9 months and PR is probably coming back. I'd guess coal or RB, but steel is definitely a possibility.

3. Kitakami - I think we're a long ways off from this release, but it's possible and would fit WG trying to restrict the supply of these things as much as possible.

4. Plymouth - Have yet to see one in the wild so while she might eventually be steel, probably not released in 2020.

5. A ship I forgot or a 'surprise' boat - ...Yeah.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,576 posts
14,473 battles
3 hours ago, lloyd1701 said:

There's also no better time to buy than now for the included SC.

If you wait for the coupon, you save 7500 steel.

The max steel drop from an SC is 1500 steel.

Waiting, therefore, “includes” five of the guaranteed-best SC drops possible.

• Cool 1