You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gemlin

Wargames Announces - Change to Snowflakes - Must get Base EXP to knock them off

190 comments in this topic

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
398 posts
11,082 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/waterline-what-will-happen-next/

In the video, they have said you can knock them off with a WIN in RANDOM BATTLES. You need a certain Base EXP to get it.

Not sure what the EXP will be but it sounds like they want to push more people into randoms

• Cool 1
  • Sad 3
  • Meh 2

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,214 posts
9,362 battles

I feel a great disturbance in WoWS, as if thousands of co-op players suddenly cried out in terror 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 5
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
398 posts
11,082 battles

Yup, I admit I knocked them off in coop due to the length of coop games. I think the coop players will scream if they make it 500 base. Yea they can get it but it wont be as easy as randoms to get it.

• Cool 1

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,107 posts
10,283 battles

I don't really see how this would benefit the player experience. It just seems to be a tax on the snowflake, and negatively impacts the weaker players of the community. The top players won't care.

• Cool 11
  • Haha 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts

Depends on how much BXP or XP they set the threshold at. 

If it's set at a level that's only technically possible in PVE, then the flakes will become simply another part of the game to be ignored.  

• Cool 8

[-TKS-]
Members
1,074 posts
8,667 battles

I play randoms. I always get more than 500 bxp in randoms. This decision still perplexes me. This just seems like WG going out of their way to punish use of coop for getting snowflakes. I would rather not spend 10-20 minutes per ship in randoms and tear my hair out for a snowflake. 

• Cool 1

[CHBK]
Members
812 posts
3,470 battles
8 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

I don't really see how this would benefit the player experience. It just seems to be a tax on the snowflake, and negatively impacts the weaker players of the community. The top players won't care.

It completely depends on the requirement.  I have a feeling it would be around the XP requirement for the daily missions 1000-1300 base XP.

• Cool 1

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,107 posts
10,283 battles
1 minute ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

It completely depends on the requirement.  I have a feeling it would be around the XP requirement for the daily missions 1000-1300 base XP. 

A co-op win is far easier than the daily XP requirement. A co-op win is 5 minutes. A random game is usually 10+, dragged on forever by passive play.

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,807 posts
4,631 battles
6 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

If it's set at a level that's only technically possible in PVP, then the flakes will become simply another part of the game to be ignored.

FIFY.  [yeah, I know it didn't need fixing]

BTW, notice that the change was announced by the EU guys.  EU has a minuscule PvE population; NA's is much larger.  This may devolve into a behind the scenes EU vs. NA spat.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts
Just now, iDuckman said:

FIFY.

BTW, notice that the change was announced by the EU guys.  EU has a minuscule PvE population; NA's is much larger.  This may devolve into a behind the scenes EU vs. NA spat.

I don't think you fixed it.  

1000 BXP is technically possible in PVE, I've done it several times, but as a practical manner most players will never clear a single flake in PVE at that threshold.  

• Cool 3

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
817 posts
9,723 battles
13 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

Very much agree. The only thing I would add is even as a top tier player I have to imagine the thought of trying to knock all the snowflakes off in some ships is not going to be enjoyable. Especially if you have many ships and/or ships that you don’t enjoy playing.  

[CO-OP]
Members
1,390 posts
24,019 battles
5 minutes ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

I hadn't really considered that they might do that.  But this would necessitate a large database to keep track of the amount of XP per ship.  +1 for thinking outside the box.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,807 posts
4,631 battles
4 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

1000 BXP is technically possible in PVE, I've done it several times, but as a practical manner most players will never clear a single flake in PVE at that threshold. 

You missed my edit.  But 1000 BXP isn't all that common in Randoms, either.  Even if it isn't cumulative (and I doubt it will be, as per HamptonRoads above) lesser players will need multiple battles to knock off a 'flake.

Edited by iDuckman

[USCC]
Members
3,002 posts
13,776 battles
2 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I will not let my SC's just sit there, regardless of the BXP requirement, if it's high and requires hitting the red button, the so be it, I'll do so and flubber the match to achieve my goal.
I honestly wish WeeGee would just stop trying to improve my in game experience, they're not very good at it.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Members
3,115 posts
6,706 battles
7 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I agree, it's far more common to get 1,000 BXP in a Random loss than I think it is to get it in a PvE win. Unless you're talking Scenarios, where that's still reasonably likely even after the econ nerf, but where the time investment is on average even a little longer than randoms because so many of the Scenario waves are time gated that it's not possible to finish any faster than the Scenario will allow. While in Randoms you can sometimes win real fast in <12 min. Or lose real fast.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts
2 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

I will not let my SC's just sit there, regardless of the BXP requirement, if it's high and requires hitting the red button, the so be it, I'll do so and flubber the match to achieve my goal.
I honestly wish WeeGee would just stop trying to improve my in game experience, they're not very good at it.

No kidding, almost every attempt to "improve my experience" just makes it worse. 

And that goes beyond just this game, to everything from phone and computer operating systems, to most video games gained the ability to do endless online updates, to changes to other products and services.  

I really wish they'd stop trying to "improve my experience", and concentrate on simple solid product quality. 

• Cool 3

[GLF]
Members
1,017 posts
16,224 battles
17 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

If it's set at a level that's only technically possible in PVE, then the flakes will become simply another part of the game to be ignored.  

This....  like so many other things in the game now...   too much work for too little reward.  /ignoreall.  

I'll spend the time on flakes with a SC.  The rest of it can all _____ 

• Cool 1

[CHBK]
Members
812 posts
3,470 battles
6 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

I hadn't really considered that they might do that.  But this would necessitate a large database to keep track of the amount of XP per ship.  +1 for thinking outside the box.

If I am not mistaken, the  daily missions, you have to do it in ONE battle, its not accumulation.  So it would more be a simple calculation every time you win on a ship with a snow flake.  So you have to win and get 1000+ xp to knock off the snow flake, otherwise, better luck next time.

• Meh 1

[CO-OP]
Members
1,390 posts
24,019 battles

If I am not mistaken, the  daily missions, you have to do it in ONE battle, its not accumulation.  So it would more be a simple calculation every time you win on a ship with a snow flake.  So you have to win and get 1000+ xp to knock off the snow flake, otherwise, better luck next time.

Daily missions are cumulative with wins.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,634 posts
8,629 battles

In the daily missions.  250 bxp is the only one that requires a single battle.  The rest are cumulative.  All above 500 also require a win.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
4,484 posts
3,829 battles

Ok, bye bye CVs... they were kept only for snowflakes... in Coop

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,807 posts
4,631 battles
4 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

almost every attempt to "improve my experience" just makes it worse. 

And that goes beyond just this game, to everything from phone and computer operating systems,

New Coke.  Windows 8.

IMO most of the problem comes down to internal marketing.  An internal organizational campaign convinces the decision maker(s) that X is "better".  So often it isn't.  In this case it may be that WoWS is listening too much to player feedback.  "Drinking Coke makes me burp too much.  We need something better."

[REVY]
Members
2,288 posts
12,304 battles
42 minutes ago, vak_ said:

I feel a great disturbance in WoWS, as if thousands of co-op players suddenly cried out in terror 

ohSHI1.gif

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
398 posts
11,082 battles

Only thing I won't like is the amount of people going into randoms to "Clear a Snowflake" that may be absolutely horrible. (A player that only plays randoms to clear a snowflake).

Matchmaking is already bad enough. (Yeah I hope they make it 300 base exp or something like that, so the coop players can stay in coop)

• Haha 2
  • Boring 1