Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Merc85

Major Change Coming to Ranked Battles

17 comments in this topic

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,638 posts
10,713 battles

Looks interesting.

[HAI]
Members
74 posts
4,538 battles

Seems interesting.  I always liked the sprint seasons, it was fairly quick, easy, and fun to hit rank 1 and be done, so modeling it into separate sprint style leagues seems really appealing.  Hopefully it'll make the quality of play in the silver and gold leagues better too.  Overall, I think it'll just make the full ranked seasons feel like less of a grind, which is a good thing. 

[WMD]
Members
1,780 posts
10,120 battles

This looks awesome, hopefully it will alleviate some of the problems people have with the current format.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,348 battles

What I found to be interesting was the announcement that wins would no longer be required to knock off snowflakes, but instead you will only need to get a certain amount of XP, which you can do in randoms. Their words ... that you can do in randoms.

Does this mean you will no longer be able to knock off snowflakes in Co-op? @Hapa_Fodder, could you clear this up for us?

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,666 posts
12,150 battles

Shortening it down and restricting battle times should lock people out from the fictory by 1000 games deal.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
2,086 posts
27,756 battles
12 minutes ago, Umikami said:

What I found to be interesting was the announcement that wins would no longer be required to knock off snowflakes, but instead you will only need to get a certain amount of XP, which you can do in randoms. Their words ... that you can do in randoms.

Does this mean you will no longer be able to knock off snowflakes in Co-op? @Hapa_Fodder, could you clear this up for us?

I would guess you can do snowflakes in coop.....but it will take you a lot longer since it will now be xp based and not "win based".

[SBS]
Members
6,136 posts
9 minutes ago, Merc85 said:

I would guess you can do snowflakes in coop.....but it will take you a lot longer since it will now be xp based and not "win based".

I hope the XP amount is set low so it's not punishing for co-op players.  My guess is it will be set to something like 500 xp.  That would make it work well enough for co-op players with premium time.  If they made it 500 BXP, that would be kind of annoying. 

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,744 posts
7,283 battles

Well.. Looks Interesting - pending, what awards are and how they will be awarded based on leagues?   Also curious if MM only matches you inside your league?   Which, of course, is optimal, but If so, I wonder how much this is going to spread out the MM?   

Members
1,821 posts
27,214 battles
13 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I hope the XP amount is set low so it's not punishing for co-op players.  My guess is it will be set to something like 500 xp.

I might wager real money that it will be a lot closer to 10x that amount.

[WMD]
Members
1,780 posts
10,120 battles
7 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

I'd say likely closer to 2-3x, would put it more in line with daily missions. WG is likely not happy that most of us switch to co-op for the first win every time they have a flakes event. 

Members
1,821 posts
27,214 battles
50 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I hope the XP amount is set low so it's not punishing for co-op players.  My guess is it will be set to something like 500 xp.

36 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

20 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

I'd say likely closer to 2-3x, would put it more in line with daily missions. WG is likely not happy that most of us switch to co-op for the first win every time they have a flakes event. 

I say about 5k base because 1k to 1.5k is about doable in one co-op game - essentially a good showing in a winning match, thus making the change almost useless. Whereas 4k to 5k is doable in one good match with paint and pennants or two matches with respectable showings, even naked (which is how I - err, my ships - generally play).

[SBS]
Members
6,136 posts
9 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

I say about 5k base because 1k to 1.5k is about doable in one co-op game - essentially a good showing in a winning match, thus making the change almost useless. Whereas 4k to 5k is doable in one good match with paint and pennants or two matches with respectable showings, even naked (which is how I - err, my ships - generally play).

WG said base XP.  I've had some good games in co-op and I've never broken 1k BXP.  A good co-op game is anything over 400-500 BXP.  With a strong, higher tier ship 400-500 BXP isn't too bad, in weaker ships and/or lower tiers its not really feasible.

Sign in to follow this