You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

ST 0.9.10, Key Battle

24 comments in this topic

Members
1,107 posts
4,792 battles

NANI!?

( Who are you, Wargaming, and what have you done with the real developers!? )

But on a serious note, I'm already liking the look of how this event will go.  Being able to upgrade your ship right in battle is always a pleasant thing, but more modularity with the ships is the biggest thing I have hoped for with such an event.

Well done, WeeGee, you've actually made something awesome

-Shrayes

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles

Ark Genesis DLC meets WoWS Halloween+Rogue Wave Events?

It'd be absolutely great if the 2016/2017 halloween ports made a temporary comeback too.

[FRR]
Members
820 posts

Feels like a combination of last year's Halloween Event and Rogue Wave.

Amazing art and graphics. Always.

phpmbbigf.thumb.jpg.6392a0839c92ccbea22662e860c9adfa.jpg

[RGPLT]
Members
669 posts
17,755 battles

Art team killing it as usual but i'm going to pass on this mode. I'm not a big fan of battle royal games and modes.

[GRAVE]
Members
1,408 posts
19,840 battles

Looks pretty interesting, and as always Art department at their best, so good it’s hard to figure out at first what those ships are, but I think it’s Hindenburg, Smolensk, and Republique

[BGA]
Members
67 posts
17,159 battles

It's great that the developers realized the diplomacy concept that became normal in the last Halloween event.  It is great that they wanted to incorporate something like that, but they missed the mark.

The most fun I had last season was getting in a div with friends and then determining if a separate group of 3 would be friendly or not.

The new idea is making this another play by yourself mode and is very disappointing.  Fun short duration events should not be trying to mimic highly competitive modes like ranked where I agree divisions are inappropriate. 

[KIA-T]
Beta Testers
1,857 posts
6,356 battles

I really only play WoWS with friends these days. If there isn't a way to div with a friend from the start, then I am going to be really disappointed

[SPTR]
Members
27,211 posts
17,166 battles

This sounds very good too good if you ask me the fact that you copied the name and funtion of the wave gun from my childhood game Blood Wake (did ya?) Makes me really happy too

[WOLFG]
Members
11,112 posts
10,336 battles
17 hours ago, SilverPhatShips said:

@Hapa_Fodder

I don't see any problems with this at all....lol

I'm sure there won't be any drama involved with this.

The threads will be glorious.

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
On 9/24/2020 at 11:00 AM, Hapa_Fodder said:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/79

Please leave feedback below

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Taged you in a post about what I didn't like hapa. copy and pasted what I said

I have read the dev blog on the Halloween mode and I am slightly disappointed in wows. I feel like this Halloween is similar to steel hunters in wots, don't get me wrong I'll give it a try.

Though if you enter into a div in key hunt, and your only one who has a key, that would mean your div mates get screwed unless they kill players who have a key. An what happens if a player  leaves the zone wiht rhe key and screws thr rest of the members. I see alot of clans sync dropping randomly and hope they par up like in ranked. A whole div should be able to use a key and drop from the port like in the filth event and also allow T10 camo infernal camo to be given. 

Though I would rather have an event like the old halloween  operations or last year's filth event. I have to disagreed wiht the forcing on pvp down our thoughts. Halloween has traditionally been a fun and relaxing event. I am sure there are others who will disagree with me. An I know this is still prelimary info but it worries from a veterans wows perspective. 

Hopefully @Hapa_Fodder, can pass on any concerns to the dev stream on friday.

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles

Why'd they allow teams to betray themselves by de-divisioning and not having team keys (so even teammates have to fight for them)?

This will either ruin or cause a great deal of headaches for me when playing. Rogue Wave and Raid for the Filth didn't allow this. Now in this game mode I won't ever be able to completely trust people who want to join my team. GJ WG unless I play solo this mode is half-dead on arrival already as all the trolls will have a hell of a time backstabbing teammates and all the team players will have to constantly watch their backs. Raid for the Filth could have backstabbers when truces were made, but at least the ones killing you weren't on your own team.

How do you expect me to enjoy this game mode when I can't even trust my own team?

Edited by AngryMermaid
  • Cool 1

[DOG]
Members
1,217 posts
12,623 battles

I'm hoping the Halloween event will be divided into different segments, and at least one of them will involve something close to a regular game (i.e., you have a team which stays your team the whole game).

• Cool 1

[TFFOX]
Members
924 posts
2,106 battles
On 9/24/2020 at 12:50 PM, tfcas119 said:

Looks pretty interesting, and as always Art department at their best, so good it’s hard to figure out at first what those ships are, but I think it’s Hindenburg, Smolensk, and Republique

thought i saw something called "Valkyrie" on the blog post or somewhere...

[GRAVE]
Members
1,408 posts
19,840 battles
32 minutes ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

thought i saw something called "Valkyrie" on the blog post or somewhere...

I meant what the event ships are based on, not the names of the event ships

[TFFOX]
Members
924 posts
2,106 battles
2 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

I meant what the event ships are based on, not the names of the event ships

oh okay got it

Edited by AdmiralFox08

[LSNB]
Members
1,636 posts
4,976 battles

Now, where does this fit in the WoWS timeline? Hard to tell since this seems to take place on another planet.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,419 posts
12,305 battles
On 9/27/2020 at 8:01 AM, AngryMermaid said:

How do you expect me to enjoy this game mode when I can't even trust my own team?

they expect people to enjoy Randoms, this will be no different from that, itll turn into "every player for themselves" once the keys start being taken up and then itll be no different than Randoms teams with the abandoning of "teammates", i for one wont be taking part in this as i have no interest in getting backstabbed by a "teammate" or if i do im staying solo and to Hell with anyone else, theyll be nothing but mere targets or shields to protect me from whatever enemies there are

Edited by tcbaker777

[MMR1]
[MMR1]
Members
62 posts
18,554 battles

Played some battles Saturday, It's based on pew pew robot style ships (they do look amazing) in pvp with monsters that really don't put up a fight added in, on a really big awesome futuristic looking map (not really Halloweenish, if that's a word ). You can invite others to div with while in the match and kill others in match to increase your key count to get out when port opens. Which most are reluctant to div with you (as i tried several times to div with others and yeah they just wanted to shoot first and die second). So after my fourth battle i was done. Past events were scenario based and players had to work together, this new pvp event seems to place players against each other and really no fight/ lets kill Halloween bad guy feeling as before. Yes you get containers with goodies/ Key ship upgrades/ next ship in the line for completing missions, but what do you really get or what are we really working for in this mode, besides dieing to guy that has all the Key ship upgrades or next level ships......Like in most pvp type games one must be on top, gets that epeen going i guess, but this is a whole community looking for a fun event which Halloween should be base around FUN and for those who don't like pvp that usually play coop or sceanrio's won't like this mode at all. 

Have a Great Navy & Marine Corps Day!

• Cool 1

[TFFOX]
Members
924 posts
2,106 battles
On 10/9/2020 at 12:12 PM, Tyranoking2020 said:

Who is going to be able to play key battles?

pt server, they're out now

i played on pt last night, but my wifi was bad so I did a random battle in Midway and called it a night

[WOLFD]
Members
841 posts
6,801 battles

The good - the ships look cool!  The rounds going out also cool!

The Bad - Terrible game mode, drive around shooting things until you get lucky or someone else does and gets a key, then it is race to the portal and hope you either find a monster with a key, or kill another ship with a key and take theirs.  The battle royal mentality without providing enough keys for the majority of players to find one is absurd. 

I was racing to a key and was beaten to it by another ship, who then asked me to division with him.  With less than 5 minutes on the clock and a whole 2 keys in the hands of players, it was kill or be killed. In the end he killed me to prevent me from killing him and taking his key, he died anyways as a third ship joined the fray as I died.  If i had won the third ship would have killed me to get the key.

The whole mode is pointless and stupid!