You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
comtedumas

Carrier spotting damage

8 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Members
1,945 posts
12,784 battles

I am doing one of the directives where you have to get spotting damage with a carrier.  Its slow going in coop.  In one battle, I swear it was only counting fire damage as spotting damage.  has anyone else noticed that?  

Yes, I know its coop, but I didn't want to bring my carriers into random when I am just ok as a carrier driver.  

Members
1,108 posts
4,792 battles

Co-op explains your problem. With less players shooting less targets, you get way less spotting damage in Co-op. If you want that sweet Spotting Moolah from a CV, you have to play randoms. It's practically mandated for spotting.

Also, if you want help with Carriers, just go to @Femennenly's stream, and she'll give you all the answers you need.

-Shrayes

Edited by Shrayes_Bhagavatula

[FOXEH]
Members
1,945 posts
12,784 battles
9 minutes ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Co-op explains your problem. With less players shooting less targets, you get way less spotting damage in Co-op. If you want that sweet Spotting Moolah from a CV, you have to play randoms. It's practically mandated for spotting.

Also, if you want help with Carriers, just go to @Femennenly's stream, and she'll give you all the answers you need.

-Shrayes

Looks like i am going to have to inflict myself on randoms.  i didnt want to, but i guess i will take the T6 Lowenhardt out and see what i can do.  Thanks.  

Members
4,358 posts
4,615 battles
21 minutes ago, comtedumas said:

I am doing one of the directives where you have to get spotting damage with a carrier.  Its slow going in coop.  In one battle, I swear it was only counting fire damage as spotting damage.  has anyone else noticed that?  

Yes, I know its coop, but I didn't want to bring my carriers into random when I am just ok as a carrier driver.  

Spotting damage doesn't count the fire ticks. Just the initial fire. 

[SBS]
Members
6,126 posts
20 minutes ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

I'm fairly sure Fem doesn't play the reworked carriers.  Ahskance's stream is the place to go for reworked CVs.

Members
1,108 posts
4,792 battles
5 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I'm fairly sure Fem doesn't play the reworked carriers.  Ahskance's stream is the place to go for reworked CVs.

Oh yeah, Fem was really good with RTS, I forgot.

I bet she's real popular on the CIS server :Smile-_tongue:

-Shrayes

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,837 battles

The trick to farming spotting damage.

Fly towards the flank with unspotted enemy battle fleet.

Deploy fighters 7.5-7 km from the nearest cruisers or battleships (you will see them before this). Your team farms the spotted ships for the duration of your fighter consumable.

Profit.

You should be getting about equivalent spotting damage as your average damage inflicted. Sometimes the stars align and you can get monster spotting damage.

I've got over 200k spotting damage in a tier X battle in my Lexington once...

[PVE]
Members
7,284 posts
23,174 battles
21 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

The trick to farming spotting damage.

Fly towards the flank with unspotted enemy battle fleet.

Deploy fighters 7.5-7 km from the nearest cruisers or battleships (you will see them before this). Your team farms the spotted ships for the duration of your fighter consumable.

Profit.

You should be getting about equivalent spotting damage as your average damage inflicted. Sometimes the stars align and you can get monster spotting damage.

I've got over 200k spotting damage in a tier X battle in my Lexington once...

The problem w/spotting damage is once the ships spotted by you fire their guns they become spotted by everybody else & you stop getting spotting damage...except from the very far back snipers...& that spotting damage is split between you & whoever else is spotting them after they fire.